talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

GTA VI

football forum

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

I think it has more to do with less expenditure in in-house development than people's preference. @Mel81x might know better but there are a lot of third party software licenses required to make a proper AAA open world game.

If it were any other company, I'd probably say yeah licensing tech is a big hurdle, but this is Rockstar. They have their own engine, so I highly doubt it's to do with that. What it might have some calling out to is how much airtime songs and ads get in the game which they won't get with singularity traffic in-game vs having a bunch of folks playing multiplayer around the expansive maps. i do think they are a bit like Naughty Dog when it comes to open-world, they have the ability to tell a great story but with this recent incident they'll want a cash grab and even though everyone is complaining now you know this is a day one big seller no matter what they spew out and that just means they'll cut corners and push something out to generate revenue vs trying to build something concrete. You really can't rewind the clock here considering they have no idea whether the hack actually had data associated with story elements, etc. it's way more costlier to start again vs finish this.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived