talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa del rey 2021-22

football forum

I'm surprised there isn't already a thread for this but the semi final draw was made today. This one will be 2 legs, unlike the other rounds, which are 1 leg nowadays.

Rayo Vallecano vs Real Betis

Athletic Bilbao vs Valencia

2 interesting games. It'd be class if Rayo went all the way.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/02/2022 at 21:56, Carnivore Chris said:

I'm surprised there isn't already a thread for this but the semi final draw was made today. This one will be 2 legs, unlike the other rounds, which are 1 leg nowadays.

Rayo Vallecano vs Real Betis

Athletic Bilbao vs Valencia

2 interesting games. It'd be class if Rayo went all the way.

No it won't. 😉

Could be one of the best Betis teams in their history, just need to cap it with a trophy, would be perfect in Joaquín's last season.

I'm off to the Betis game tomorrow.

17 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

No it won't. 😉

Could be one of the best Betis teams in their history, just need to cap it with a trophy, would be perfect in Joaquín's last season.

I'm off to the Betis game tomorrow.

Good luck mate, it won't be an easy one vs Villarreal but should be a cracking game.

Betis have had the talent there for a while but were missing the right coach. Pellegrini is that man, as he has proven throughout his managerial career and it doesn't surprise me that they are playing how they are.

They could well win this, the Europa and finish top 4 in Spain this year. I wouldn't bet against them.

I was thinking of going to watch Barcelona away after last going to camp nou(the game before the first lockdown against Real Sociedad) but then the pandemic hit. Either way, Betis away would be perfect and an opportunity to also visit Sevilla. The problem is, it won't be the one in May this season as I'm going to the Costa del sol at the end of March, probably the Canaries in May or June and somewhere else(México? Canada) towards the end of the year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Betis ended up winning on pens, after it finished 1-1 after 120 mins.

Great win for Betis, they have really grown as a team in recent years and they just needed the right manager.

It's also great to see Pellegrini winning a trophy and Joaquin. Well deserved.

Also 3 ex Barça players, Bartra, Tello and Miranda.

• Administrator
16 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Great win for Betis, they have really grown as a team in recent years and they just needed the right manager.

What a win. Love this too. Love these celebrations... 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, ...Dan said:

It's cool but that's not Fekir and it's not Betis fans. They're fans of Moroccan club Raja de Casablanca.

Booo I have been fooled :(

On 24/04/2022 at 00:27, Carnivore Chris said:

It was a great match considering it finished only 1-1.  I'm actually surprised that none of the players were sent off.  Guillamon could have had 4 yellows in that match but clearly the ref went with the "let them play" approach.

It's a shame that Valencia can't play like that in the league (bar the fouling 😆).  I felt like their attacking play was much more fluid.  I fully expected the Bordalas wall for 90 minutes but they kept the ball for long stretches and had some intricate passing moves.  Just no final ball when it mattered.

Archived