talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What Are You Currently Reading?

football forum

• Subscriber

Into the third book in the Detective Helen Grace series by M. J. Arlidge.

download.png

Detective Helen Grace is on the trail of a twisted serial killer in this riveting thriller in the “gripping” (USA Today) international bestselling series. Ruby wakes up in a strange room. Her captor calmly explains that no one is looking for her. No one wants her

• Upvote 1

On 06/08/2021 at 08:36, Eco said:

Absolutely excited, as I just got a notification that Andy Weir's latest book is ready for me to check out and read. 

Let's Go! Cancel all my plans for the weekend...

54493401.jpg

10/10. 

Absolutely brilliant. Because of the style and story, there isn't much top praise without providing spoilers, but this was top 5 best books I have ever read. It was actually the first book that I slowed down at the end as I just didn't want it to end, but the library's due date is today so I made me some tea, set up a nice spot, and finally finished the boo. 

Well done Andy on another gem. 

Also @nudge I see this is already in production for a movie with Ryan Gosling as Grace. Not sure why they will do this and keep the humor, but we shall see. 

• Upvote 1

Just finished this shorter read - 

51104536._SX318_SY475_.jpg

Not a terrible book, but it's also short. My sister asked me to read it as addresses a lot of women's rights issues (although the book is set in Korea, it's impossible to not see some parallel with me locally). 

Now onto the book I've been dying to read. 

35335181._SY475_.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, nudge said:

A1BKxJqWTGL.jpg

Starting this massive book after work tonight - a 1000+ pages long historical survey of oceanic exploration, migration, and trading.

Oh my, this is right up my ally. 

I'm working on We, The Drowned, which is about sea exploration and it's brilliant. I'll have to add this behemoth to the queue 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Oh my, this is right up my ally. 

I'm working on We, The Drowned, which is about sea exploration and it's brilliant. I'll have to add this behemoth to the queue 

Yeah, I'm looking forward to your review of We, The Drowned once you finish it! 

We do have similar taste in books, it seems xD 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MUFC said:

How long does it take for you to finish a book?

I average about 2 a week. Usually reading a fiction while also reading a non-fiction book. 

Sometimes with longer books it might take 2-3 weeks, but there are also times I fly through a book in 2-3 days. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Eco said:

I average about 2 a week. Usually reading a fiction while also reading a non-fiction book. 

Sometimes with longer books it might take 2-3 weeks, but there are also times I fly through a book in 2-3 days. 

Used to work in the bank. One guy on his dinner break would eat and just read a book for the rest of his break.

On 25/08/2021 at 06:17, Eco said:

Just finished this shorter read - 

51104536._SX318_SY475_.jpg

Not a terrible book, but it's also short. My sister asked me to read it as addresses a lot of women's rights issues (although the book is set in Korea, it's impossible to not see some parallel with me locally). 

Now onto the book I've been dying to read. 

35335181._SY475_.jpg

I've been wanting to read We, The Drowned for a while now. I should probably buy a copy of it.

36 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've been wanting to read We, The Drowned for a while now. I should probably buy a copy of it.

Yeah man, according to my Kindle I'm about 40% done. 

It's very different then what I expected, but so far I'm really enjoying it. 

• Subscriber

Just finished reading 'The Dolls House' by M J Arlidge so I have ordered his next novel in order, 'Liar Liar', arriving tomorrow.

download.png

In the dead of night, three raging fires light up the city skies. It's more than a tragic coincidence. For DI Helen Grace the flames announce the arrival of an evil she has never encountered before.
Because this is no firestarter seeking sick thrills, but something more chilling: a series of careful, calculating acts of murder.

• Subscriber

Stumbled upon this one accidentally today, and was curious...

91Nmlu1bZtL.jpg

Probably the most entertaining non-fiction book I've read. Basically the history of technology, science, art, music, culture and civilization presented in a form of a humorous repair manual of a time machine. About a hundred pages in, and actually learned a new thing of two, while having a laugh at the same time.

Really digging it.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...