talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What Are You Currently Reading?

football forum

• Subscriber

A lot of catching up to do concerning this author and her books The Hunt for Jack Reacher by Diana Capri, just starting her first novel Don't Know Jack (2012) and sent off to Amazon for the 2nd book on Reacher Jack in the Box (2012) then after that its catch up time until I get to Jack in the Knife (2022).

Looks like our son and daughter will be getting their instructions from me for Birthday/Christmas presents for their old man. :whistling:

download.png

download (1).png

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Just starting Capri's 2ne book in the HUNT FOR JACK REACHER series, JACK IN A BOX, @Waylander, you read the Reacher books and you might just might like this, it took me a little while to get into the book and the 2 main characters in FBI agents Otto & Gasper but once I read a few chapters I got hooked, they will never beat Reacher or Capri will never be a Lee Child though. The Hunt for Jack Reacher - Diane Capri

download (1).png

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

@Waylander and any other Lee Child & Andrew Child/Jack Reacher lovers, his next book is due out in October this year.

download.png

ABOUT NO PLAN B

The gripping new Jack Reacher thriller from the #1 New York Times bestselling authors Lee Child and Andrew Child. The plan: It’s coming Fall 2022. No Plan B.

In Gerrardsville, Colorado, two witnesses to the same tragedy give two different accounts. One guy sees a woman throw herself in front of a bus in what authorities will call a suicide. The other witness is Jack Reacher. And he sees what actually happened: A man in a grey hoodie and jeans, moving like a shadow, pushed the victim to her death—before swiftly grabbing the dead woman’s purse and strolling away.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Currently finishing The Expanse Book 4 (Cibola Burn):

THE-EXPANSE-CIBOLA-BURN-04__978031633468

My least favourite book in the series so far, although still very enjoyable.

On the non-fiction front, I'm about to dive into this:

503051.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, CaaC (John) said:

Seen the tv series, not bad but I presume the book would be better, they always are.

The Haunting of Hill House

It's good so far but it's very different I think. The setting is the same (Hill House) but as far as I know they made up almost a whole new story for the Netflix series.

The book is closer to the film The Haunting from the 1960s.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Next read...

download.png

Samuel “Sooley” Sooleymon is a raw, young talent with big hoop dreams—and even bigger challenges off the court. In the summer of his seventeenth year, Samuel Sooleymon gets the chance of a lifetime: a trip to the United States with his South Sudanese teammates to play in a showcase basketball tournament.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Finally started reading The Dawn of Everything: A New History of Humanity by David Graeber and David Wengrow. 

download.jpeg

Only about 100 pages in so far, but can already say that it's a very fascinating and provocative revision of the history of humanity. Very impressive list of citations and referenced research papers. I will wait until I finish it all to form an opinion, but there are already so many interesting pieces of historical information that I was completely unaware of!

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
On 27/12/2021 at 18:07, CaaC (John) said:

You have good tastes in authors and books, Lee Child and the Jack Reacher series, I have read them all and even read them again and again...

download.png

Bought the whole Jack Reacher collection for my dad today. Well, not all of it, as only 24 books are translated into German so far, but I reckon that will keep him occupied for a while :D 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, nudge said:

Bought the whole Jack Reacher collection for my dad today. Well, not all of it, as only 24 books are translated into German so far, but I reckon that will keep him occupied for a while :D 

His next book will be published on October the 25th this year, our son has bookmarked it for me as an early Christmas pressie. :x 

I like the idea now he is letting his son Andrew co-write novels with him, the legacy of Reacher will now live on.

download.png

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Waylander said:

On the Jack Reacher topic has anyone watched the TV series and if so how did you rate it?

I saw some clips and thought it looked interesting.

It's good. It's not normally something I watch, but my dad watched it all twice already and so I involuntarily caught most of it, too xD good dialogues, good action. Great soundtrack.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Waylander said:

On the Jack Reacher topic has anyone watched the TV series and if so how did you rate it?

I saw some clips and thought it looked interesting.

Alan Ritchson shits all over Cruise as Reacher, end of the story. :coffee:

Watched the series Killing Floor 3 times and it's the nearest story to the book going, it's full of action and has its funny parts where Reacher could not fit a guy he killed into the boot of a car so he broke the dead guy's leg and hooked it over his body, and that bit IS mentioned in the book. xD

Ritchson IS REACHER

download.png

• Upvote 1