What Are You Currently Reading?

football forum

• Subscriber
On 25/01/2023 at 02:33, CaaC (John) said:

Lee Child's younger brother, 2nd book of his just about to read. :coffee:

download.png

Spoiler
  Reveal hidden contents

Obliged to leave New York City in the aftermath of his previous mission, David Trevellyan is summoned to the British Consulate in Chicago. To the same office where, just a week before, his new handler was attacked and shot by a Royal Navy Intelligence operative gone bad

Again, did not enjoy this one either, the same as his first book he seems to make the character a mini Jack Reacher but got it all wrong, hardly any action and it seemed like reading an Agatha Christie book and who done it.

On 08/05/2023 at 19:16, nudge said:

Would upvote this if I could. Great book...

I'm about a third through and it's easily taken the top spot for most violent book I've ever read. Even more than The Road, which I thought would be hard to beat. Comeplling stuff though.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Started reading a Lee Child - Jack Reacher book AGAIN lol, not read this one for a while but still a good read.

download.png.8f78de31f73800f28d9bee1048babaa3.png

Spoiler

Suicide bombers are easy to spot. They give out all kinds of tell-tale signs. Mostly because they're nervous. By definition, they're all first-timers.

There are twelve things to look for: No one who has worked in law enforcement will ever forget them.

• Subscriber
On 10/05/2023 at 21:44, Inverted said:

I'm about a third through and it's easily taken the top spot for most violent book I've ever read. Even more than The Road, which I thought would be hard to beat. Comeplling stuff though.

Absolutely agree, and the depiction of violence actually serves a purpose. I am due a re-read...

• Subscriber

Finished The Glass Castle yesterday, finished the entire book in two sittings... What a fantastic read, definitely makes it into the list of my favourites. 

I have a huge backlog of books I want to work through, it's tough to choose the next read sometimes 😅Chose this one this time:

81EQNKgH9iL.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Pre-order

The next Lee Child - Jack Reacher book due out in October 2023, an early Christmas present as per normal from our son so I am told, look forward to that. :x

download.png.26f9597870a5c5c8872e48217b33218c.png

Spoiler

1992. Two strangers bring a hospital patient a list of names. They ask him for one more, but it's a question the patient can't answer. Minutes later he is dispatched through the 12th floor window.

His death generates some unexpected attention. That attention comes from the Secretary of Defence, who brings in an inter-agency task force to investigate. Jack Reacher, recently demoted from Major to Captain, is assigned as the Army's representative.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Our son got me 4 books for Christmas, the latest Lee Child/Jack Reacher book and 3 Jack Higgins books with the character Sean Dillon written in them, I have read all of Jack Higgins/Sean Dillon books over the years but I am going to start reading them again from book 1

thumbnail_20231226_115111.jpg.e09d54f5b9d55907f6b157ff4e38c2a3.jpg

4.thumb.png.4dcd6980c93a698623d0d396cf58d585.png

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

download.png.b938884d688df76ac82d4f835c0312aa.png

Former IRA enforcer and deadly assassin, Sean Dillon, returns in the stunning sequel to EYE OF THE STORM, from number 1 bestselling author, Jack Higgins.

Thunder Point: St John, the Virgin Islands, 1992…

For once, the lone diver’s treasure was priceless: a German U-boat, sunk in American waters three weeks after the end of the war. Inside: final proof that Reichsleiter Martin Bormann escaped from Hitler’s bunker – with the Third Reich’s hideous secrets intact.