talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What Are You Currently Reading?

football forum

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 11:15 PM, Cannabis said:

Finished Sir Alex Ferguson's book, despite the odd moment of madness it's a really good read and I agreed on the most part with what he was saying. Anyone that's interested in the Premier League or football for that matter should take a flick through this memoir.

I'd go as far as saying it would be an interesting read even to those who don't have an interest in football. It's a good book.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 0:42 PM, Harry said:

David Baldacci - the forgotten

Robert Jordan - The lord of chaos

I love Baldacci books. One of only a few authors that I've read all their books.

Currently trying to read 'Steve Jobs'. Thought I'd be more interested in it, but it's proving to be quite a struggle.

1 hour ago, Large said:

I love Baldacci books. One of only a few authors that I've read all their books.

Currently trying to read 'Steve Jobs'. Thought I'd be more interested in it, but it's proving to be quite a struggle.

Yeah agreed. He's very easy to read. 

I'm also quite liking Lee Child who writes the Jack Reacher series and finding him quite similar to the John Puller series of Baldacci.

Steve Jobs.... That sounds like one I'd be into but tbh I've never read a single biography or autobiography. ever.

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Yeah agreed. He's very easy to read. 

I'm also quite liking Lee Child who writes the Jack Reacher series and finding him quite similar to the John Puller series of Baldacci.

Steve Jobs.... That sounds like one I'd be into but tbh I've never read a single biography or autobiography. ever.

Have just started doing Lee Child's stuff. Like that to. You tried Paul Finch or Vince Flynn?

On 25/06/2017 at 8:16 PM, Fairy In Boots said:

Finished The Dark Tower Vol: 3 the waste lands by Stephen King. I think it's really good but a slightly lesser book than book 2. 

Now 3/4 through Bernard Cornwall's The Flame Bearer which is ok but you can tell he's just churning these out now. The last two or three could have been 1 book. 

Since this I've read not 1 not 2 but 3 books all of which are very good. 

Consider Phelbas by Iain M Banks was very good and a good start to a culture series I've heard good things about & will work through over the next few years.

And for the other two I finished off the Farseer Trilogy with book 2 & 3, book 2 is the best of the series the plotting & treachery make the keep life really interesting. On the whole though the trilogy is very enjoyable and I'll definitely persist with Robin Hobbs work.  

In currently reading The Afghan Campaign by Steven Pressfield

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:46 AM, nudge said:

Just ordered this:

51xpV+-OpZL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

All these years and I never realised there actually was a sequel to Catch-22 :o I'm hearing that it's nowhere near as good, but I'll give it a go.

It's not even close to anywhere near as good, sadly.

6 hours ago, nudge said:

:( would you say it's still worth reading though? 

Yeah, I still thought it was entertaining. But I think Catch-22 is a masterpiece & Closing Time isn't really close to it. Plus people have different opinions and you might not agree with me, so I don't want to deprive you of a good read based off an opinion you might not agree with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 10/9/2017 at 2:22 AM, Cannabis said:

Been looking forward to this for months, finally picked it up today; 

9780593078754.jpg

How is it?

I started reading this today:

51zX8V0E2IL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Bought it as a gift for someone but ended up keeping it for myself. Surprisingly good; so much information but not too overwhelming or boring in any way. A concise history of development of Porsche 911 models beginning with the 356 in the late 40s and going 7 generations up to the 991.1 model in 2013. Brilliant read so far.

• Subscriber
On 10/17/2017 at 11:32 PM, Cannabis said:

Origin is great @nudge, sounds obvious but it's a carbon copy of Inferno and Da Vinci Code thus far, same old Langdon thrown into an unpredictable game of cat and mouse with a host of deep and interesting characters. 

It's set in Bilbao and Barcelona which interests me greatly, I loved the previous settings in Italy but think that Spain could turn out to be interesting too. 

Give it a read once you've finished the Porsche overload ^_^!

I'll try... I have so many books on my to-read list, and I just keep on adding more haha. It's so hard to find enough time to read these days. Even more so since most of the books I have access to are ebooks, and I struggle with that. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm reading two books at the moment - And I'll finish MOH this week, whereas Crypto is long as hell so I probably have another 2 weeks on that.

51NJCA2EEWL.jpg   118053.jpg

Next Up I'm going to be reading something that I've been wanting to for some time -

91zdHwFmpRL.jpg

and

51OOD3HzgzL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 11/2/2017 at 4:04 PM, nudge said:

Just ordered this:

y648.jpg

Just finished this, absolutely brilliant read for anyone interested in racing/motorsports/F1 or even just good autobiographies. Surprisingly well written too! 

Next in line:

618vaMv90BL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Finished this last month. Great book and probably the best one I read in recent times. Some of the experiences Sadhguru shares are so amazing and its a must book for anyone who actually likes to explore their spiritual side. This is not at all a religious book like some may assume.

Image result for inner engineering book

And about 90% into this one and probably the book I read the fastest (im a slow reader) and the reason for that is because of the fact that I like most of the elements Elon Musk has touched with his businesses and startups. Very inspiring and gives a good insight of all the tough decisions and almost bankrupt situations one single person had to overcome to become what he is today and also the way he is revolutionising the energy and space sectors to make the world a better place.

Image result for elon musk ashlee vance

Just finished this, which I found really fun and easy to read, but it’s properly intense at moments:

437149.jpg

And amongst a few other books I’m kinda skimming, I’ve been really interested in something that I just picked up from the library last week:

41xJ8oDArTL._SX304_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

It’s called “Justice in Injustice” and it’s a legal history of Nazi Germany. It’s interesting, but it’s a bit of a struggle since it’s my first time reading more academic-style writing in German longer than a single essay.

On 07/01/2018 at 11:15, Inverted said:

Just finished this, which I found really fun and easy to read, but it’s properly intense at moments:

437149.jpg

And amongst a few other books I’m kinda skimming, I’ve been really interested in something that I just picked up from the library last week:

41xJ8oDArTL._SX304_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

It’s called “Justice in Injustice” and it’s a legal history of Nazi Germany. It’s interesting, but it’s a bit of a struggle since it’s my first time reading more academic-style writing in German longer than a single essay.

I just read that as "Recht in Utrecht" and assumed it was a story about a stag do in Holland.

Edited by ...Dan
  • Haha 4

Just finished Dan Brown's new one, Origin, and I was highly disappointed. I typically enjoy his stuff as I always seem to enjoy the suspense and the history behind some of the place Langdon goes to, but outside the Palmarian Church in Spain, this book is rather blah. 

4/10

Next Up:

tcb.jpg