• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Round 24 - Tuesday 8th February, 2022

football forum

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Lol. Just got back from football training and Trippier scores. That is very bad from the wall.

I think these crisis shouts are premature though. We've had a borderline saboteur managing us for half a season and this is the first game for the new guy in the league. I know Newcastle are down there but this isn't an easy fixture in the circumstances.

To be honest Newcastle could finish mid table. They are looking much better since they made a few signings so yeah a hard game for you 

When you consider how quickly the Chelsea defence improved once Lampard was dismissed im not sure he was the right candidate for Everton. Granted they haven't had Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin fit at the same time but the defence has looked woeful this season. Even if they do survive I'd be surprised based on this early indication if his entourage make it through a whole season.

5 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Everton absolutely will not go down. 

Burnley then any 2 of...... Norwich, Watford and Brentford.

I think it will be  Burnley,  Norwich and Watford. If anyone gets caught I think it will be brentford though. Out of all the teams that I think could go down Leeds would be the one I wouldn't mind but dont think they will 

• Subscriber

I haven't had a chance to see us play under Lampard really. Had a game on Saturday so I watched the highlights and I've only watched the last 10 minutes here as I had training.

The only thing that's really going to make me worry about a relegation scrap is if we have it as bad injury wise for the second half of the season as we did the first. We can't be doing with players like Gray and Mina coming off injured many more times.

I'll admit that if Godfrey and Mina are out for a while, I have pretty overwhelming concerns about relying too heavily on Holgate and Keane for the rest of the season. As I type, that was pathetic from both against Saint-Maximin.

Let's be honest though. This has been a cup final for Newcastle since Pickford signed for them so we're always going to be up against it here.

I don't know how people can be so sure Everton aren't in this relegation battle. They've been the worst team in the league for a while now going by the form table.

This game and the next two were massive for them when you look at their fixtures after that and it's started terribly.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I don't know how people can be so sure Everton aren't in this relegation battle. They've been the worst team in the league for a while now going by the form table.

This game and the next two were massive for them when you look at their fixtures after that and it's started terribly.

Agreed. Only 3 points above the drop. They're getting sucked in. 

Course Everton are in a relegation scrap. Their form is fucking awful and they’ve slid close and closer to that bottom three. Tonight, they’ve just been slapped by one of those teams they are trying to stay above. 

• Subscriber

People are so reactive and dramatic aren't they. Ohhhh you guys.........

Come On Seriously GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I'll give anyone whatever odds they want for a bet with me that Everton will not go down xD .

This win for Newcastle has been coming.

6 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Let's be honest. The Reds on here would probably take an Everton relegation over five consecutive Champions Leagues for their own side after the Benitez saga. They're not very subtle. xD

I'd take 5 consecutive CLs and 5 years of actually having a Merseyside derby tbh.

But after the way you lot treated Rafa, I can't say I won't laugh pretty heartily if you go down.

10 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Let's be honest. The Reds on here would probably take an Everton relegation over five consecutive Champions Leagues for their own side after the Benitez saga. They're not very subtle. xD

Absolutely not.

3 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

I'll give anyone whatever odds they want for a bet with me that Everton will not go down xD .

Reactive and dramatic to what? Form over about 15 games?

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

They probably won't. But you can't deny they're in a relegation battle now given the form, defeat today, and points difference between them and 18th?

1 minute ago, Stan said:

They probably won't. But you can't deny they're in a relegation battle now given the form, defeat today, and points difference between them and 18th?

In theory, yes, they are in a relegation battle because the table shows they are close to the relegation zone.

They won't go down though.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived