talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Daniel Alves to Leave Juve

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of age, Alves is still one of the best 'footballers' on the planet. Can instantly improve any side considering his intelligence with the ball. Link up play, passing, finishing, etc. Messi benefited from Alves more so than he did with Xavi and Iniesta. 

Absolutely mad we aren't going in for him. At most Can give us two solid years. 

Still, only player I hope we get from Juve is Sandro. 

• Administrator

I think perhaps Guardiola didn't articulate himself as he Intended. He wants atheletic fullbacks who are fit enough to get up and down the pitch for 90 minutes, the problem is he decided to use age as an excuse for his current crop when he what he really meant was "not good enough". However he has a passive aggressive streak to him, see Deco, Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Ibrahimovic, Hart etc etc

Dani Alves would be a fantastic stop-gap solution Right Back for just £5m. Still probably the best Right Back in the world at the age of 34 and he's a very seasoned and experienced player, having won it all at Barcelona on multiple occasions and nearly doing it at Juventus too. It would definitely be a fantastic piece of business for City.

It would be a brilliant move by Man City to be able to acquire Dani Alves' services.  He's a wonderful footballer, a massive character (sometimes too outspoken) and the best right-back in the world right now.

He isn't going to last long but he is an athlete and is in wonderful physical condition which means that he will give City the time to plan ahead for the future to acquire a long-term replacement (nothing easy in that particular position right now).

Guardiola has worked with him in the past so he knows him well and will understand perfectly well how to handle such a character.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Aubameyang

Aguero------Jesus

Sanchez------DeBruyne---Sterling

Sane-----------Silva---------B.Silva-----------Walker

Ederson

Looks about right. 

That's extremely unbalanced.  Obviously you're not adding Dani Alves to the lineup, but that looks like suicide.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That's extremely unbalanced.  Obviously you're not adding Dani Alves to the lineup, but that looks like suicide.

I'm taking the piss mate. Obviously Guardiola did that sort of stuff in Spain and Germany, and based on these transfer rumors I'd be hilarious if this is how he'd line them up considering it would be chaotic to give game time to all of them. 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I'm taking the piss mate. Obviously Guardiola did that sort of stuff in Spain and Germany, and based on these transfer rumors I'd be hilarious if this is how he'd line them up considering it would be chaotic to give game time to all of them. 

You probably don't remember Osvaldo Ardiles' Spurs side as coach (great footballer himself)...  At the time when he became manager there were various jokes going around about playing 6 up front...  He actually did do that at times.  xD

On a serious note...  Many people don't seem to see the massive job needed at man City.  In my opinion they have many issues to resolve and I can't see them doing it in one transfer window.  I would be amazed if they create something of a reasonable nature for what they want to achieve which is to win the Champions League.

Dani Alves published this on his Instagram account and I thought it was quite powerful to be honest.  He has gone back to Brazil for his holidays and in that time he's visited the house where he was born and lived the early part of his childhood...  The picture is the in the bedroom where he used to sleep.  With things like these you almost begin to understand why some players are so conditioned by life's hardships that they then go onto make certain decisions for money.  What they see their parents live through to bring up their children most of us will never know I would say.

Anyway...  While Juventus and his agent sort out his future, he's published this.

9 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Dani Alves published this on his Instagram account and I thought it was quite powerful to be honest.  He has gone back to Brazil for his holidays and in that time he's visited the house where he was born and lived the early part of his childhood...  The picture is the in the bedroom where he used to sleep.  With things like these you almost begin to understand why some players are so conditioned by life's hardships that they then go onto make certain decisions for money.  What they see their parents live through to bring up their children most of us will never know I would say.

Anyway...  While Juventus and his agent sort out his future, he's published this.

Woah, he used to sleep on a rock?, that's rough man!

15 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

He was that poor he was forced to grow up in black and white? Christ, I take colour for granted.

xD

On a serious note though, the use of B/W is part of what makes it powerful and pictures as they say, tell a thousand words.  I would expect his life was monotone in certain aspects when making comparisons and for me the ruffed up hair with his facial expression has also connotations of a political message within his own country too.

44 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Woah, he used to sleep on a rock?, that's rough man!

I've seen beds like that in very old houses up in the mountains in Galicia mate.  Infact in my grandparents house lost in the Galician mountains the base of the bed was made of a type of stone and then a mattress with the filling made of straw I've been told was the soft part to sleep on.

Infact that picture (the room) reminds me a lot of that as a child when going to visit my grandparents on summer holidays.

40 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I've seen beds like that in very old houses up in the mountains in Galicia mate.  Infact in my grandparents house lost in the Galician mountains the base of the bed was made of a type of stone and then a mattress with the filling made of straw I've been told was the soft part to sleep on.

Infact that picture (the room) reminds me a lot of that as a child when going to visit my grandparents on summer holidays.

Was it comfortable?

Just now, Berserker said:

Was it comfortable?

I never slept on one to be honest hahaha...

I have a phobia to spiders and I would sleep at our house in town.  I did used to love jumping off haystacks though!!! xD

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I never slept on one to be honest hahaha...

I have a phobia to spiders and I would sleep at our house in town.  I did used to love jumping off haystacks though!!! xD

Good to know, wish i was there to throw a few plastic spiders inside your clothes from behind. ^_^

Just now, Berserker said:

Good to know, wish i was there to throw a few plastic spiders into your clothes from behind. ^_^

There's an anecdote I have about plastic toy spiders hahaha...

About 15 years ago I was in Hamley's (a famous toy store in central London) with an ex-girlfriend of mine and I was looking at the lego sets while she thought it would be a great joke to place a great big hairy toy spider on my shoulder.  My immediate reaction without thinking and feeling tremendous panic throughout my body was to swipe her head with a 5kg box of lego!!! :o

I spent the whole day apologising to her xD:$

32 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There's an anecdote I have about plastic toy spiders hahaha...

About 15 years ago I was in Hamley's (a famous toy store in central London) with an ex-girlfriend of mine and I was looking at the lego sets while she thought it would be a great joke to place a great big hairy toy spider on my shoulder.  My immediate reaction without thinking and feeling tremendous panic throughout my body was to swipe her head with a 5kg box of lego!!! :o

I spent the whole day apologising to her xD:$

Lol, quite an overreaction that!

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

If City were to sign both, obviously Alves would be the first teamer, wouldn't he?

I’m guessing they would just rotate. With cups and CL I think they would need to keep both fresh if Walker comes of course

Archived