The better place to talk football.

Cancel Culture

football forum

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cicero said:

Just chicken, rice, and broccoli lads. 

On a side note, I do find it incredibly amusing those who push cancel culture get cancelled themselves. Whoopi Goldberg the most recent victim from her ignorant remarks on Jews. 

But the last name Cicero! Her last name!

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

On a side note, I do find it incredibly amusing those who push cancel culture get cancelled themselves. Whoopi Goldberg the most recent victim from her ignorant remarks on Jews. 

“I told you Jewish people don’t have Rhythm” 🤣😂.

11 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Whoopie Goldstein got rekt

Eat clen, tren hard, anavar give up.

for me it is, pie, dare, wank, vb before 7:45 in the fucken morning

just kidding I am unemployed, I wake up and stare at the wall

5 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

I can’t tell if he’s being sarcastic or not after people are going after The Rock now after his defence of Joe Rogan. I really hope it’s sarcasm. Either way, the Rocks got a lot of heat right now and there’s a lot more with people trying to cancel him.

I really wish more people would start standing up to this soft arse pathetic everything you say offends me culture. 

I think guy's making fun of cancel culture. I think even the people that love to complain no longer say "I'm literally shaking" when talking about something because they just get made fun of.

There's a lot of material that they could pick out from The Rock's time in WWE and they could've done it at anytime but they gave him a pass because he always said what they wanted and played a great PR game. Never went against any of their narratives until he decided to show Joe Rogan some support so they're now outraged by things that they were previously okay with looking past.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I appreciate that actors have non disclosure clauses in their contracts, so they generally don't talk about steroid use. 

But people who go out their and openly lie about it, like the rock, that Indian from Eternals and so on, and setting up people who are ignorant and uneducated around fitness and muscle building to fail. 

The rock says "oh I did some steroids at age 18 and they did nothing for me and I'm natural ever since" is an appalling lie that twists the expectations of young people everywhere. 

@Happy Blue is the same. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

@Happy Blue is the same. 

Don't believe the hype, steroids only enhance good genetic's, training and eating habits. i know plenty of  people in the gym on roids that look no different :4_joy: ..id never take them though, i'm scared of needles remember 😏  ..apart from the one time when i was 18 and wasn't frightened then :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Don't believe the hype, steroids only enhance good genetic's, training and eating habits. i know plenty of  people in the gym on roids that look no different :4_joy: ..id never take them though, i'm scared of needles remember 😏  ..apart from the one time when i was 18 and wasn't frightened then :ph34r:

A good stack on a lifting vet with a good program is absolutely transformative. 
Yes, slobs can take it and gain maybe 10% strength and fuck all muscle because they don't put in the work, but we know already that you've used winstrol which isn't exactly a light compound!

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

A good stack on a lifting vet with a good program is absolutely transformative. 
Yes, slobs can take it and gain maybe 10% strength and fuck all muscle because they don't put in the work, but we know already that you've used winstrol which isn't exactly a light compound!

Zambon Winstrol in injection form is amazing stuff, the cuts you get from that are phenomenal, if I ever did steroids again I'd just use that 

16 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

I think The Rock backed up Rogan after he apologised for his previous use of the "N word". Saying he realises that its not a word he can say.  It's obviously a touchy topic, but he apologised and there was clearly never any malice involved in his use of the word.

I think Rogan fans are actually trying to cancel The Rock because he said he would t go on his show after a montage of Rogan saying the N word. After the Rock said he’d go on his show after Rogan apologised for having antivaxers on his show.

It’s even dumber than you could imagine.

14 hours ago, Cicero said:

Whoopi Goldberg saying the Holocaust want about race despite the Nazis always talking about being the master race is probably one of the stupidest things any public figure can go public with.

The way American media tries to frame racism is just very fucked up because yes it’s true black people face systemic oppression… but I think in America sort of are comfortable with antisemitism and anti-Asian racism (and other kinds of racism, like a guy who called most Mexicans rapists was elected and most people don’t seem to give a shit about the rights of natives either)

In any case, I hate the term "cancel culture" and I hate when people who have a platform decry about being "canceled" when they've got at least one public platform to complain about it. There was this US politician not too long ago he was complaining about how he was being canceled... while promoting his book on cancel culture, and he did this on several national news sources.

Mate you're not fucking "canceled" if you're reaching that many fucking people.

I also think it's funny when people who seem to really care about free market capitalism and free speech complain about "being canceled" - if you've got a platform and you use that platform to say stupid things like "the Holocaust wasn't about race" or "these doctors and scientists that were disgraced/discredited in their fields are the true experts on covid," or you have a history of saying the N-word multiple times and it annoys people to the point where they won't watch/listen/appear on your show... well that's just people in the market deciding not to consume that content, is it not?

For instance, I've never watched whatever show Whoopi Goldberg is on... but if I did, after she came forward with pretty insane comments on the Holocaust... I probably wouldn't want to watch her show because I wouldn't want to give her ratings that'll lead to more advertisements going her way. That would be my decision to not want to help someone using their platform to mitigate the seriousness of the Holocaust. If the Rock doesn't want to show up on a podcast with a guy who's got a history of casually saying a racial slur, even if he's not "actually racist," he's well within his rights.

I think the Rock thing is just so stupid. People wanting to cancel someone because they don't want the celebrity they like more to be "canceled" - even though Joe Rogan's not been fucking canceled either. He still has one of the most popular podcasts out there, which wouldn't be the fucking case if he was "canceled."

And famous people acting like being banned from twitter because they've violated the terms of service of twitter is also fucking stupid. That's not getting canceled, if any one of us violated the terms of twitter and got banned nobody would ever fucking hear about it or care because we're not rich and famous. You can't break the terms of service and know that the punishment for that is usually getting banned and then whine about how it's so unfair - especially if you're a serial offender... because normal people don't get the same leeway people with blue fucking checkmarks do.

Archived