Obi-Wan Kenobi

football forum

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Why are people like this? 

It's also so weird because she's brilliant as Reva... Not that it would be acceptable to bully her even if she wasn't, but I swear at least half of the Star Wars fanbase are braindead twats.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

It's also so weird because she's brilliant as Reva... Not that it would be acceptable to bully her even if she wasn't, but I swear at least half of the Star Wars fanbase are braindead twats.

Yea, I have nothing against her character or her portrayal, so it even bewilders me more where all the hate is coming from. Are they mad because her character hunts Obi-Wan? xD Either way, pathetic sad fucks. 

• Subscriber

Also imagine being a grownup and getting so upset by an actor/actress playing a fictional character in a fictional series taking place in a fictional universe that is first and foremost made for kids, that you spend your time bullying them online... Just pathetic xD

• Subscriber

What an episode... Don't think I've ever seen a more intense piece of Star Wars prior to this! :o

This is the best portrayal of Darth Vader since Rogue One. The hate, the rage, the brutality...just incredible. You could feel his presence on screen the whole time; it's explosive. Him dragging Obi-Wan through fire... Whoa

:o can't wait to see their next proper duel, with Kenobi out of his depressed state and back to full strength.

Also, they name-dropped Quinlan Vos 😍 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

What an episode... Don't think I've ever seen a more intense piece of Star Wars prior to this! :o

Hide contents

This is the best portrayal of Darth Vader since Rogue One. The hate, the rage, the brutality...just incredible. You could feel his presence on screen the whole time; it's explosive. Him dragging Obi-Wan through fire... Whoa

:o can't wait to see their next proper duel, with Kenobi out of his depressed state and back to full strength.

Also, they name-dropped Quinlan Vos 😍 

Really appreciated the small Anakin cameo.

Ok just watched the latest episode. Wow. 

Does Vader have a base on Mustafar? (Nvm, just read that he apparently has a castle there. I forgot about that.)

🤔

And yes, they portrayed Vader as ruthless and hate filled as can be. I was wondering why he didn't kill Obi-Wan quickly, as he obviously had the chance, but he wants to see him suffer. 

And I also liked that Obi-Wan imagined seeing Anakin on Mapuzo as how he must imagine Anakin still looks like. He doesn't know that he turned into a 7 foot asthmatic robot.

Oh and I liked that loader droid was hiding a hammer behind his back when the Strom Troopers searched the premises. Ready to go full hammer time on them. xD

And again, Moses Ingram is awesome in her role. She also seems to be the only inquisitor who knows what she's doing.

Didn't expect to see Obi-Wan activate his lightsaber in this episode. Hopefully next time it will be more bad-ass compared to the scared as shit kind of way it was now. 

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Hide contents

Any thoughts why Vader didn't kill Obi-Wan then and there?

Several thoughts:

• the simplest explanation would be that he wants Obi-Wan to suffer the same way he suffered, wants to toy with him before finishing him, letting him run knowing that he's weak and broken, and that he'll find him again, and it'll prolong the torture, maybe first by killing those helping him, and then the whole resistance movement altogether;
  • and my personal explanation which I prefer - the way he looked at the fire there before turning and walking away, it looked like a moment of hesitation. He could have easily extinguished the fire again, or just used the Force to get Kenobi, but after a moment of consideration, he decided against it. Maybe there's that small hint of light still in him, and it manifested in that moment. Like Luke later believed that "there's still good in him", and that ultimately turned out to be true - so it makes sense that the conflict between light and darkness would have always been present in him to a certain degree. It actually reminded me of the similar moment of hesitation when he was facing Ahsoka in Rebels Season 2 finale... 

Umm... in a New Hope doesn't Vader talk about the last time he's seen Obi Wan how Obi Wan was the master and he was the student (paraphrased, I don't remember the line)... but then in that encounter Vader very much seemed like he was a true master of the force and handed Obi Wan's arse to him. Plot hole? Or am I remembering the New Hope stuff wrong?

HOLY SHIT GUYS

Obi Wan is supposed to be 57 in a New Hope?!

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Hide contents

Umm... in a New Hope doesn't Vader talk about the last time he's seen Obi Wan how Obi Wan was the master and he was the student (paraphrased, I don't remember the line)... but then in that encounter Vader very much seemed like he was a true master of the force and handed Obi Wan's arse to him. Plot hole? Or am I remembering the New Hope stuff wrong?

Pretty sure that's not their last encounter before the ANH one. I bet that in the remaining episodes, Obi-Wan will rekindle his connection to the Force, get guidance from Qui-Gon Jinn, return to full strength and beat Vader in a proper duel.

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Hide contents

Pretty sure that's not their last encounter before the ANH one. I bet that in the remaining episodes, Obi-Wan will rekindle his connection to the Force, get guidance from Qui-Gon Jinn, return to full strength and beat Vader in a proper duel.

I agree - but I guess that doesn't really explain

what Vader says in ANH - although I should probably go look that quote up before I read too far into it

xD

I still think the most unrealistic thing about Star Wars, now, is that Obi Wan is only 57 in A New Hope. Poor bastard aged horribly and the natives of Tatooine called him Old Ben despite him probably being around the same age as Luke's uncle xD

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I agree - but I guess that doesn't really explain

Hide contents

what Vader says in ANH - although I should probably go look that quote up before I read too far into it

xD

I still think the most unrealistic thing about Star Wars, now, is that Obi Wan is only 57 in A New Hope. Poor bastard aged horribly and the natives of Tatooine called him Old Ben despite him probably being around the same age as Luke's uncle xD

The quote goes "When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master". I think it can have different meanings, tbh. The simplest one now would probably be that Vader was still learning the dark side of the Force at this point, while in ANH he considers to have mastered it already.

And yeah, the Kenobi age issue is funny xD maybe Tatooine twin suns are really bad for one's health xD that's not that far fetched, either tbh - living in a desert with all the heat, sand storms, dry air, lack of moisture would surely make one age faster (appearance wise, skin particularly), while hard work, stress and responsibilities add to it as well. Or maybe 

his rapid aging and physical deterioration will be linked to the burns he suffered in last episode; or maybe even a result of Vader using dark side Force powers on him, similarly how Palpatine appeared to have aged massively after Mace Windu reflected the force lightning back onto him.

What's more funny and unrealistic for me is the fact that he simply changed his name to Ben Kenobi and nobody ever figured it out xD

IMG-20220524-WA0000.jpg

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Reveal hidden contents

And yeah, the Kenobi age issue is funny xD maybe Tatooine twin suns are really bad for one's health xD that's not that far fetched, either tbh - living in a desert with all the heat, sand storms, dry air, lack of moisture would surely make one age faster (appearance wise, skin particularly), while hard work, stress and responsibilities add to it as well. Or maybe 

Reveal hidden contents

What's more funny and unrealistic for me is the fact that he simply changed his name to Ben Kenobi and nobody ever figured it out xD

IMG-20220524-WA0000.jpg

Stress of being the most (or one of the most) wanted men in the galaxy too, probably would age someone.

• Subscriber

This was definitely the weakest episode so far, although I still enjoyed it.

The Good: Obi-Wan starting to get his groove back and slowly recovering his connection with the Force. The lightsaber action against the two stormtroopers in the dark was cool. Leia resisting Reva's interrogation/mind reading. Fortress Inquisitorius in live-action. A tomb room with preserved bodies of the deceased Jedi and other Force-sensitives. Purge Troopers. Angry Vader. 

The Bad: The pacing overall, it fell very rushed. It also felt like they cut out many scenes, especially with the members of the Path - are we supposed to feel sorry for Wade? Who's Wade?... The lack of security and how easy it was to breach the Fortress and move around it, especially considering that Cal Cestis did the same just 5 years ago in the Fallen Order game; I guess they just don't bother upgrading their security, even in places that are supposed to be inpenetrable. That does kinda confirm the long-running incompetence of the Empire, but still, come on... 

The Ugly: Obi-Wan marching through the Fortress Inquisitorius full with Stormtroopers and Imperiall Officers while hiding Leia under his trenchoat, and nobody noticing her and that extra pair of legs... It was ridiculous even for Star Wars logic xD 

I am not enjoying this series. The plot, pacing and scope is a massive downgrade from The Mandalorian. 

Ewan McGregor the only thing keeping me interested, I think the rest of the cast have ranged from bad to terrible. 

I know that’s going to be an unpopular view on here but I don’t understand how it’s getting lauded. 

Archived