talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

football forum

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Ewan McGregor the only thing keeping me interested, I think the rest of the cast have ranged from bad to terrible. 

What about the child Leia? Think she's terrific :o

Also, Vader?...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, nudge said:

What about the child Leia? Think she's terrific :o

Also, Vader?...

She’s fine, but we have seen the babysitting plot already in The Mandalorian so I don’t need to see it again. I wanted this to do Obi- Wan some real justice, but there’s been hardly any focus on him other than the cheesy flackbacks. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Rick said:

She’s fine, but we have seen the babysitting plot already in The Mandalorian so I don’t need to see it again. I wanted this to do Obi- Wan some real justice, but there’s been hardly any focus on him other than the cheesy flackbacks. 

I can see your point about the repeating "rescue the child" leitmotif, but I also think the portrayal of Kenobi as a broken man (and his clearly upcoming revival) has been pretty interesting and spot on so far...

19 hours ago, Rick said:

She seems and acts way too young for 10 years as well. More like a 6 year old. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

She seems and acts way too young for 10 years as well. More like a 6 year old. 

The actress is actually 10 years old.

On 08/06/2022 at 17:49, nudge said:

This was definitely the weakest episode so far, although I still enjoyed it.

Hide contents

The Good: Obi-Wan starting to get his groove back and slowly recovering his connection with the Force. The lightsaber action against the two stormtroopers in the dark was cool. Leia resisting Reva's interrogation/mind reading. Fortress Inquisitorius in live-action. A tomb room with preserved bodies of the deceased Jedi and other Force-sensitives. Purge Troopers. Angry Vader. 

The Bad: The pacing overall, it fell very rushed. It also felt like they cut out many scenes, especially with the members of the Path - are we supposed to feel sorry for Wade? Who's Wade?... The lack of security and how easy it was to breach the Fortress and move around it, especially considering that Cal Cestis did the same just 5 years ago in the Fallen Order game; I guess they just don't bother upgrading their security, even in places that are supposed to be inpenetrable. That does kinda confirm the long-running incompetence of the Empire, but still, come on... 

The Ugly: Obi-Wan marching through the Fortress Inquisitorius full with Stormtroopers and Imperiall Officers while hiding Leia under his trenchoat, and nobody noticing her and that extra pair of legs... It was ridiculous even for Star Wars logic xD 

Just watched the latest episode. I agree with everything you said. 

"You can't get in there. It's a fortress. It's suicide."

Obi-Wan:

7ea8ff1b705791582cbbb4dd9de951f0b170774f

31 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Oh and also

Hide contents

For an underwater station, they used surprisingly weak glass.

It was the same in that recent Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order game, which I believe is cannon. 

Don't have Disney + so it's mostly just reading or listening to plot points.   

outside of just seeing Darth Vader in rage it's been pretty soft.   Star Wars is tired and just respun into a new wrapper to monetise,  nothing seems to age well, except for Jennifer Connolly and Batman.

Saw a video where someone suggested this series has felt and looked "cheap". After watching it and hearing their arguments, I have to agree. A lot of stuff just doesn't make sense in terms of writing, action sequences, and dueling.

21 hours ago, Cicero said:
  Hide contents

Saw a video where someone suggested this series has felt and looked "cheap". After watching it and hearing their arguments, I have to agree. A lot of stuff just doesn't make sense in terms of writing, action sequences, and dueling.

The ‘duel’ between Obi Wan & Vader was a joke. Done in shit lighting, in a shit environment. It should have been epic, something grander. And I know they will probably duel again before the series ends, but that first interaction looked like some fan made shit you find on YouTube. 

Completely. It even looks smaller in scope to The Book of Boba Fett, which is just ridiculous. I think it’s a travesty that McGregor has been brought back and this is the best they give him. I know he is an exec producer so he does have some input, but the big house of mouse has final say. 

My biggest complaint is just some of the writing.

When he tries to ask that resistance guy for help and the guy is adamant he won't give help... and then just suddenly changes his mind. I get it's to quickly get on with the story... but that's just some pretty crap writing 

xD

But overall I think the show is really good so far.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

My biggest complaint is just some of the writing.

Hide contents

When he tries to ask that resistance guy for help and the guy is adamant he won't give help... and then just suddenly changes his mind. I get it's to quickly get on with the story... but that's just some pretty crap writing 

xD

But overall I think the show is really good so far.

I'm sure we're going to get "Wade: A Star Wars Story" at some point to compensate for it xD 

15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

My favorite is the Storm Trooper saying "We have a long way" then 60 seconds later tells the bloke this was their stop. 😂

That they can maybe at least explain with cuts or something (although I can't really remember if there were any cuts or if it was the same shot)... so to me that's less jarring than what I'd described where they're mid-conversation and it just suddenly turns.

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It's good and enjoyable but some of the stuff you just can't ignore. 

Yeah I get it; I think it's fine to call out and ridicule silly things whether it's questionable writing, directing, continuity errors, or any other stupid shit, but to me it feels like so many people nowadays have extremely high expectations and take light-hearted entertainment way too seriously, leading to non-stop nitpicking and complaining. And I mean it in general; not only regarding this show/Star Wars... 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah I get it; I think it's fine to call out and ridicule silly things whether it's questionable writing, directing, continuity errors, or any other stupid shit, but to me it feels like so many people nowadays have extremely high expectations and take light-hearted entertainment way too seriously, leading to non-stop nitpicking and complaining. And I mean it in general; not only regarding this show/Star Wars... 

Any reason why its only 6 episodes? Getting GoT season 8 vibes...

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Any reason why its only 6 episodes? Getting GoT season 8 vibes...

It's been advertised as limited series, so I guess 6 episodes are enough to tell a story, but I hoped the episodes would be at least an hour long. Was quite disappointed to see that the last one was barely over 30 minutes...

That said, there are rumours about it getting a second season.

• Subscriber

Brilliant episode, the best one so far for me. 

The flashbacks were great and worked perfectly, both for showing Anakin's/Vader's flaws, and also for starting to make sense of the "I was but a learner" line in ANH.

Vader's "fight" with Reva was a demonstration of raw Force, he completely humiliated her without even bothering to use his own lightsaber. Him bringing that transporter down and ripping it apart was badass, and it was also good to see him getting schooled by Obi-Wan there again.

Grand Inquisitor is of course alive, and his sassy entrance was priceless. Him and Vader just used Reva and knew of her motivations all along... I do wonder what she will do now after learning about the kids from Bail Organa's holo message. Surely we'll have a massive showdown on Tatooine in the finale next week???

The only thing that bothers me a bit is lack of classic Star Wars themes in this; think the score is a bit too underwhelming as a result.

Archived