• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

football forum

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, what an episode. 

The flashbacks were amazing. You could see that Hayden looks a bit older than teenage Anakin, but it still worked. When Obi-Wan told him "Your need for victory Anakin, it blinds you", and Anakin looks disappointed, it actually reminded of Episode II, when Anakin said Obi-Wan is holding him back. And yea, they did a fantastic job of showing Anakin's raw strength, but also his flaws, that are still present as we saw. Also Anakin's hand indicates that that training scene was before Attack of the Clones. :o 

That message from Bail Organa was really stupid though. He compromised the position, and that there is a boy. 😄

And the child actress playing Leia is so adorable, and absolutely talented! Child actors are often cringe, but she's amazing.

Oooh, and I knew that the third sister isn't entirely bad, and I kind of expected her to flip sides. But the story that she was actually a youngling during Order 66 was pretty cool! 

Can't believe there's only one episode left. I hope it's at least 90 minutes long. 

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, Danny said:

Why is Anakin American and Vader British. Genuinely the biggest fuck up in continuity you could ever find

Must have adjusted his accent to British in order to fit in with all the posh Imperial twats :ph34r: 

😏

The cheapest looking episode so far. I struggle to put into words how ridiculous I am finding this series. $25m budget per episode, eh? What is that being spent on? McGregors hair stylist?

I always loved McGregor as Obi-Wan, but even he hammed it up in parts of this episode. The writing is atrocious for this level of show. 

I am flabbergasted at all the praise. It’s not a patch on the Mandalorian. 

I've had to be patient and wait to read the thread as I've been miles behind on TV and shit, but I've blitzed the five episodes today and am awaiting the last one now.

I'm not 100% sure what to make of it, perhaps so far I'd say I'm a little underwhelmed. It's not quite met my expectations from first viewing the trailer, but I'm still enjoying it. I just think The Mandalorian series by Jon Favreau has smashed it out the park that the bar is incredibly high now, and it makes people perhaps a little over critical of Book of Boba Fett and Obi Wan Kenobi for not quite hitting those marks.

I'm anticipating the last episode to finish the series strongly for the obvious showdown, maybe a bit of 'Duel of the Fates' slipped in for good measure, and I've also got a feeling they will try to sneak Palpatine into it in some form, someway, but we'll see.

The presence of Vadar has definitely been the major plus for the series, he just owns every scene he is in, as he did in Rogue One. I like the infancy of Vadar's reign where he is still a rookie to the role. You can clearly see the force he has but he's far from the finished article, hense why certain scenarios or decisions may make him look a bit naive.

Equally, seeing Obi Wan a shadow of himself initially after going into hiding, and gradually finding who he is again has been a realistic transition of someone finding themselves after losing their way. I hope we finally see some bad ass Kenobi in the last episode.

The Inquisitors are weak to be honest. Not menacing in the slightest, that for me is a big disappointment but Reva's character arc is interesting, especially given she was a youngling.

I find it incredible they didn't only pay homage to ESB but it looked like they also paid homage to the Star Wars SC 38 Reimagined scene between Vader and Kenobi. (Vader learning from his mistakes + taking on strategies from Obi-Wan)

Wow, what an episode. 

Obi-Wan in full strength is amazing. Still the master indeed. 

That battle with Darth was also incredible. Seeing half of Hayden's face and half of his voice....it was kind of heartbreaking. The lighting was amazing in that scene. Seeing only shades of blue on Obi-Wan, while seeing mostly red with a bit of blue every now and then on Darth Anakin. Also it was clever that Darth said that HE killed Anakin. Which makes a lot of sense why Old Ben says it. And you could see that there might have been some Anakin left in Darth Vader, but the dark side already consumed him enough so even Obi-Wan had to give up on him, which is yet again heartbreaking, because Obi-Wan still hadn't gotten over losing Anakin. :( 

Oh and as for throwbacks. It was cool to here Obi-Wan saying "I will do what I must" again, and YESSSSSSSSS, his first words to Luke was "Hello there". ❤️

And finally we got Qui-Gon. 🥲 I need a Season 2 of just Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon talking.

Oh oh oh and also... bare with me here. 

I loved how Obi-Wan described her parents best traits that she inherited to young Leia. He was only talking about Anakin, his Padawan and friend. And not what he has become.

They clawed it back. Was a decent last episode that, not too many complaints.

I'd have loved it if they played Battle of the Heroes for the main fight scene like Episode 3 but thats just a minor gripe.

As I said earlier, I had a feeling they would sneak Palpatine in somewhere but Qui Gon was a nice surprise. 

I'd give the series on a whole 7/10.

Not quite up there with The Mandelorian but I also think expectancy levels are now so high because of the success of these spin offs that we expect great things all the time. Had we seen Obi Wan before The Mandelorian was produced, you'd probably find the audience absolutely rave about this particular series.

Personally, I don't think they need to go for the 2nd Season. I don't feel like there would be any value now. They covered the meeting between Anakin and Obi since their first fight and it would make no sense for Vader to keep pursuing Obi Wan when the reality is, he's kind of forgotton about him by the time A New Hope starts.

What they really could do though is make a Vader series picking up on the gap between this and Rogue One.

We saw a rough round the edges, youthful Vadar in this series, but one that wasn't infallible. And I'd like to see his development under Palpatine to becoming a more polished Vadar by the time we get to Rogue One and starting to carry out plans for the Death Star.

It would be a really interesting slant to build a series around the main villain of the saga but one I'd love to see.

Still fighting as Anakin. Too much emotion, hence why he lost a second time. 

Once he separated his emotion did we truly see how menacing he was. Beating Reva without doing anything and Rogue One. 

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Lucas said:

What they really could do though is make a Vader series picking up on the gap between this and Rogue One.

We saw a rough round the edges, youthful Vadar in this series, but one that wasn't infallible. And I'd like to see his development under Palpatine to becoming a more polished Vadar by the time we get to Rogue One and starting to carry out plans for the Death Star.

It would be a really interesting slant to build a series around the main villain of the saga but one I'd love to see.

That would be fantastic. There are several great Vader comic series; in fact, you can even see how this Kenobi show was influenced by certain story elements from those comic books, especially by the 2017 Vader comic series. Which is not surprising, as it's arguably one of the best comic series in the whole SW canon. But anyway, there are endless stories to tell, and it would be fascinating to be able to watch his character development in detail as a TV series.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

That would be fantastic. There are several great Vader comic series; in fact, you can even see how this Kenobi show was influenced by certain story elements from those comic books, especially by the 2017 Vader comic series. Which is not surprising, as it's arguably one of the best comic series in the whole SW canon. But anyway, there are endless stories to tell, and it would be fascinating to be able to watch his character development in detail as a TV series.

I'm not that educated on the comic series and could be wrong but I'm sure I've read that Palpatine 'tested' Vader to be the best he could be by having others compete with him. If that is the case, I'd love to see him taking on other bad guys and defeating them.

You could even chuck in a battle with Ahsoka if they don't do that in the Ahsoka series.

I'd like to see him meet Grand Moff Tarkin if its possible for them to do that, so you can see the relationshup they forged before A New Hope.

You'd have to think Disney would be tempted. Sitting on an absolute goldmine if that series get's produced. Darth Vader is Star Wars.

this was going to be a jebait and switch series, the lack of understanding of established canon and plot lines have Obi Wan making little to no sense.

laia and Obi Wan have a connection yet in episode 4 she doesn't seem to give a fuck, mmm.

the reason Laia and Luke were separated and Obi Wan become an overlooking hermit was because Vader can sense feelings of anyone close or blood, by removing the connections Vader can't find his children or obi wan.   Luke finds this out when captured in episode 6 when Vader learns of his link to laia by sensing his thoughts.   

big whoopsies.   somehow a plot point where reeva is schooled by obi wan and turned works better than  a Kathleen Kennedy special.

10 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The shitty ending is exactly why this show shouldn't have happened. 

Obi wan vs Vader between the prequals and the main story. "Damn I wonder if either of the will die?" 

II think a duel like that, where Obi-Wan has finally seen what Anakin has became was fitting. It ties the end of the prequels and original trilogy.

In ANH, Obi Wan is calm and bears no feelings towards Vader, which considering their long history, it makes little sense for him not to have SOME emotion. After this duel, the last of his hope for Anakin is dead, and now he can move on to become the Obi-Wan from the original. 

The biggest plot hole which cannot be explained away with flimsy explanations is Leia not knowing Obi Wan personally in A New Hope. This series has made that look very silly, and they didn’t need to put Leia in the show for that exact reason. In ANH Leia does talk of knowing of Obi-Wan but it’s obvious that they have never met. Very weird to try and explain that one away. 

Archived