talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Obi-Wan Kenobi

football forum

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this was going to be a jebait and switch series, the lack of understanding of established canon and plot lines have Obi Wan making little to no sense.

laia and Obi Wan have a connection yet in episode 4 she doesn't seem to give a fuck, mmm.

the reason Laia and Luke were separated and Obi Wan become an overlooking hermit was because Vader can sense feelings of anyone close or blood, by removing the connections Vader can't find his children or obi wan.   Luke finds this out when captured in episode 6 when Vader learns of his link to laia by sensing his thoughts.   

big whoopsies.   somehow a plot point where reeva is schooled by obi wan and turned works better than  a Kathleen Kennedy special.

10 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The shitty ending is exactly why this show shouldn't have happened. 

Obi wan vs Vader between the prequals and the main story. "Damn I wonder if either of the will die?" 

II think a duel like that, where Obi-Wan has finally seen what Anakin has became was fitting. It ties the end of the prequels and original trilogy.

In ANH, Obi Wan is calm and bears no feelings towards Vader, which considering their long history, it makes little sense for him not to have SOME emotion. After this duel, the last of his hope for Anakin is dead, and now he can move on to become the Obi-Wan from the original. 

The biggest plot hole which cannot be explained away with flimsy explanations is Leia not knowing Obi Wan personally in A New Hope. This series has made that look very silly, and they didn’t need to put Leia in the show for that exact reason. In ANH Leia does talk of knowing of Obi-Wan but it’s obvious that they have never met. Very weird to try and explain that one away. 

15 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The shitty ending is exactly why this show shouldn't have happened. 

Obi wan vs Vader between the prequals and the main story. "Damn I wonder if either of the will die?" 

it's a surprise or maybe they will retcon it like Palpatine lol

5 hours ago, Rick said:

The biggest plot hole which cannot be explained away with flimsy explanations is Leia not knowing Obi Wan personally in A New Hope. This series has made that look very silly, and they didn’t need to put Leia in the show for that exact reason. In ANH Leia does talk of knowing of Obi-Wan but it’s obvious that they have never met. Very weird to try and explain that one away. 

Is this the assumption because of how her message to Obi-Wan in ANH was worded? I thought it actually was pretty clever how they solved it, tbh. Leia's relaying the main message from her father when she says "General Kenobi. Years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire" and then adds her subtle, personal, emotionally loaded note with "Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope". As @Cicero said, Obi-Wan also explicitly told her to keep their relationship secret ("Maybe, someday. If you ever need help from a tired old man. But we must be careful. No one must know, or it could endanger us both.").

For me, this show actually explained why Obi-Wan would be Leia's "last hope", and especially why she was visibly excited when Luke told her that "Ben Kenobi" was there when they freed her from her cell on the Death Star, and how she knew who "Ben" was ("Ben Kenobi? Where is he???").

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What changes in the starwars universe between the beginning of the show and end? Nothing. It's a shitty story that didn't need to be told. 

Also, between wanda and this Reya chick, why is hollywood giving women the green light to do awful, awful things and be forgiven at the end with no consequence? 

Posted (edited)

Finished it and I think Disney needs to take two years and a nice break before it touches a prime Star Wars character ever again. I get the point of S1 of this show, its to show us how Obi-Wan gets his powers back to full tilt and the internal struggle that he goes under as he watches everything he ran away from come back to haunt him. But, instead, we get a weird inter-galactic runaround show that at times I honestly felt was more Disney than Lucas-like.

• Kenobi was good in a lot of ways and his slow progression to finally becoming what he was is quite good. The only problem is that in such a short space you never really see him find out what he has to do to get his mojo back and I feel that the reason for that is my next point.
  • Reva. This is why Disney needs to take 2 yrs and even then I feel like they'd fuck up the side-act of the main antagonist. They always seem to write these terribly weak aux roles and I find it odd considering you once had a Sith who said fuck all and imo is the best apprentice of the whole lot (Darth Maul if you're wondering).
    • Waxed a Jedi-Master, took a wrong step and then Kenobi waxes him. That revolving door scene imo was one of the best in the entire Star Wars universe and nothing comes even close to it in terms of dealing with hurt and having to get your act together quick.
    • Her redemption arc is also terribly confusing and I feel like Vader should have chopped her head off but I get why he didn't. Disney told him we need her for another season where we're going to turn her into a strong Jedi convert. 
  • Leia reminds of that kid from Stranger Things (the younger sister who is unnecessarily obnoxious). This has Disney sauce all over it. Her only saving grace is there are far more annoying characters in the universe that you just wonder when she's going to get off screen so the story can progress.

Other than that its quite nice that they finally took someone that required more screen time to explain what they were doing in between Ep3 and 4. 

P.S. It sounds like I didn't like it but I did quite enjoy watching the show even if it was a bit short.

Edited by Mel81x
  • Upvote 1