talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Russia and Ukraine

football forum

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, shut up said:

You're right it is easy- don't invade , subjugate or kill people. I don't know why you're making out like it's a difficult decision, or that it's unheard of that people go AWOL or refuse conscription. It's actually quite common ,and anybody with any moral fibre would do the same. There are, and have been, thousands of conscientious objectors sent to prison for refusing to take part in war. stop making out like it's impossible or implausible.

it's good to know which posters probably think nazi soldiers were just 'following orders'.

You're quite clearly in this thread looking for arguments and making personal digs, and I'm afraid I don't want any part of it. Enjoy your evening 👌

• Subscriber
Just now, shut up said:

You're the one who questioned if the Nazis being defeated by the Soviets was a good thing. Stand by your posts, mate. 👌

Disagreeing with the statement that the Red Army was "a force of good" is just a tiiiiiiny bit different than questioning "if the Nazis being defeated by the Soviets was a good thing". But whatever helps you sleep better at night 👌 

• Upvote 2

Russia’s shut down the one independent news channel from being able to be watched on TV. Only available on YouTube now but they’re likely all about to be prosecuted, their editor in chief has already fled.

They’ve also fully closed down independent news radio and a newspaper.

Why? Because they called a war a war and reported on Ukrainian cities being bombed.

• Subscriber
Just now, shut up said:

Nope, you said 'we don't know if things would have been worse if the Nazis defeated the Red Army' 👌

You've come out with some proper sus stuff about nazis over the years (on the old forum too) but mods seem to ignore it for some reason...there was another poster who flagged it up (maybe Artful Dodger?)

Seriously, just fuck off xD

Blocked.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Disagreeing with the statement that the Red Army was "a force of good" is just a tiiiiiiny bit different than questioning "if the Nazis being defeated by the Soviets was a good thing". But whatever helps you sleep better at night 👌 

Some people are just incapable of being able to understand that things aren’t black and white. He clearly just thinks Nazis = bad, red army fought Nazis, therefor red army = good.

Tbf I don’t understand that position because it requires ignoring the history of Europe after the Second World War… but hey, not my fault the education system fails people.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, shut up said:

Stop brown nosing you weird cunt. She specifically said that we dont know if things would be worse now if the nazis won.

xD how’s me saying you don’t understand nuance brown nosing?

She condemned the Red Army and said the intentions of the Soviets were as clear as the intentions of the Nazis. That’s not condoning the Nazis at all, it’s a strong refutation of the idea that the Red Army was a force for good.

11 minutes ago, shut up said:

Stop brown nosing you weird cunt. She specifically said that we dont know if things would be worse now if the nazis won.

That’s well out of context mate and you know it. Stalin was a fucking animal. Just as bad, if not infinitely worse than Hitler. It’s like praising Ian Huntley for being a good caretaker while he murdered 2 innocent girls. 

You need to apologise for the Nazi calling. And that’s non negotiable mate. Feel free to argue etc, but that’s way off the mark. 

I’ve gone back and read that thread and I take back what about I said about you not being able to understand nuance. You’re just being a cunt and you’re just calling her a Nazi to shut her down because you think it’s a way of winning an argument.

8 minutes ago, shut up said:

Thats rich coming from you. Have you read a history book that wasn't steeped in Mccarthyism? lol grow up, mate

Stalin isn't even in the same ball park of evil as Hitler. Even most conservative historians (who specialize in Soviet history) agree. Stephen Kotkin etc...

You’ve literally just hit up a Google search and thrown together a paragraph. This is separate issue though which I’ll be glad to discuss further. That would be after your apology to Nudge. Or either apologise or get a ban. It’s literally that simple and again non negotiable. And this is coming from several members, not just me. 

50 minutes ago, shut up said:

well, some of your pro nazi takes in the past havent been forgotten 👌

To put it politely, throwing about the nazi term as if it's something that you'd say to your mates down the pub is a little fucked up. Especially when you consider what the term it is and what those under its umbrella stood for. 

Being on this forum for years it's been obvious that your posting habits have wavered from being occasionally decent to downright bat shit crazy, either in an attempt to attract some attention or just simply because your world views have become totally warped. 

Regardless of the reason for your wild opinions, attacking someone like nudge who is a valued member of the community, helped to grow this place and put in work behind the scenes so that you quite literally have a platform to wave your dick around on is both completely out of order and makes you look like an uneducated, insecure fool.

It goes without saying that you should apologise and realise the idiot that you portray yourself as, because if your behaviour on this forum leaks into your own life, it won't be a few words on an internet forum that'll be attacking you.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, shut up said:

Thats rich coming from you. Have you read a history book that wasn't steeped in Mccarthyism? lol grow up, mate

Stalin isn't even in the same ball park of evil as Hitler. Even most conservative historians (who specialize in Soviet history) agree. Stephen Kotkin etc...

Conservative historians whitewashing a totalitarian’s brutal history suddenly makes Stalin not that bad of a guy xD

• Administrator

Just me or does anyone else never recall any neo-Nazism from any German (or any nationality?!) poster on here? 

Happy to be proved wrong but I think at least one of us would be able to recall it. Don't think any of us are messed up enough to just ignore it. 

Bang out of order to throw around such an accusation without any proof or substance. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, shut up said:

What xD nothing i said in the post you're replying to is particularly insightful. Why would i need to copy and paste that. I've read two of Kotkin's books and listened to various talks he's given. As well as Khlevniuk's works. (I will wait to you've googled Khlevniuk as i know you're a fucking charlatan)

Sweet. Ban it is. Peace out.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just me or does anyone else never recall any neo-Nazism from any German (or any nationality?!) poster on here? 

Happy to be proved wrong but I think at least one of us would be able to recall it. Don't think any of us are messed up enough to just ignore it. 

Bang out of order to throw around such an accusation without any proof or substance. 

Kel but that was handled really quickly each time she’d show up telling us about how the Nazis were just misunderstood like the animals we eat.

• Haha 2

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Kel but that was handled really quickly each time she’d show up telling us about how the Nazis were just misunderstood like the animals we eat.

Yeah should have clarified, any regular poster. Not that absolute melon xD

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, shut up said:

Tbh if your brain can’t compute that the actions of Russia in Ukraine today aren’t directly influenced by the ramifications of the events in 1940’s then well I’d make like your username and back out the thread because you’re embarrassing yourself. 

31 minutes ago, shut up said:

One of the worst things I've read in here. Fucking hell 

The lunacy of this comment 🤣

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

On topic I find the seizing of assets without a court mandate bizarre from supposed free western economies, I laughed at Abramovich and still do but this has moved into weaponised form of national cancel culture now. That’s not healthy long term 

Are the seizures without court orders? I assumed the court orders would be resulting from the sanctions?

I agree with you, they shouldn’t be seizing assets without court orders, and I’d assume with sanctions list those court orders would be easy to get. But if they’re doing it without court orders that just seems too wrong.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Seriously, just fuck off xD

Blocked.

The funny thing for me is following this conversation through you quoting him. Hes literally the only person ive ever had to block on a forum, quality of life improvement etc. I quickly realized probably a year ago nothing he says is worth reading or responding too. Anyways sorry I just kind of enjoyed this read along xD

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Dr. Gonzo did kel really say nazis were misunderstood?

So is shut up banned now. Didnt you give him loads of chances? 

Kel said the Nazis never commit the Holocaust, it is all a global conspiracy and all the evidence is faked, and most bad things we learn about them are a lie that all stem from that global conspiracy...

she was mental, she'd believe any shred of evidence that would support backing the Nazis and denying the Holocaust... but insist that the numerous actual physical evidence of those crimes against humanity were all fake.

Yes, shut up was banned because he refused to apologise for making an unfounded serious accusation about someone on here being a Nazi sympathiser, even though the thread he's referring too makes it pretty fucking clear that accusation was less than baseless. And yes, he was given loads of chances... Instead of learning from any of his mistakes, he decided to double down here and call someone a Nazi to just shut them up while simultaneously attempting to defend the legacy of Joseph Stalin (here's some light reading on why Stalin was a bad man: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excess_mortality_in_the_Soviet_Union_under_Joseph_Stalin - and that quotes the historian he's supposedly read books of and gone to lectures of xD). Guy's a massive twat.

And back on topic, Putin is also a massive twat.

This paralympics decision to not allow Russian athletes to compete because "athletes from other countries could refuse to compete against Russians" seems wrong to me. I understand kicking Russia's clubs and national teams out of international competitions because it's going to bring money to Russia, but these athletes, who were going to compete as neutrals, not having the Russian flag or colours, not bringing any money to Russia, aren't the ones attacking Ukraine right now. Should we be on the side of people who judge athletes for the actions of a dictator?

• Upvote 4