talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Russia and Ukraine

football forum

https://news.yahoo.com/russian-officer-complains-dead-general-113255353.html

"Grozen reported that Russia’s cryptophones may no longer work in Kharkiv because Russian forces had destroyed surrounding cell phone towers, and Russia’s encrypted comms system operates using 3G or 4G."

They destroyed their own encrypted communications system xD

3 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

So much suffering and unintended consequences out of this war.

Almost any time I hear about Lebanon in the news it just sounds like ordinary people get absolutely fucked by shit out of their control. Brutally sad, tbh.

Shame too, every Lebanese person I've ever met has been nice as fuck.

• Upvote 3

Yeah it's not just a nuclear exchange that would kill people everywhere. Prolonging the war means causing shortages in global supply of food and resources, catastrophic for world. And this particular region Ukraine-Russia is a breadbasket.

Millions died in Bengal because of food shortages due to WW2.

• Upvote 1

The Ukrainian FA to strip Tymoschuk of all his caps for Ukraine and all his trophies he won in Ukraine for not speaking out against the war while also being a part of Zenit's staff.

Just me that thinks that it's a bit messed up to strip someone of their sporting accolades because they're not politically outspoken in your favour? Going after Russians that have nothing to do with the war was already bad enough in my opinion and starting a witch hunt against Ukrainians that aren't politically vocal is another example of the symbolic, PR side of this war just being poorly thought out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

The Ukrainian FA to strip Tymoschuk of all his caps for Ukraine and all his trophies he won in Ukraine for not speaking out against the war while also being a part of Zenit's staff.

Just me that thinks that it's a bit messed up to strip someone of their sporting accolades because they're not politically outspoken in your favour? Going after Russians that have nothing to do with the war was already bad enough in my opinion and starting a witch hunt against Ukrainians that aren't politically vocal is another example of the symbolic, PR side of this war just being poorly thought out.

I think it's a bit weird for them to officially "remove" his records.

But I can understand Ukrainians feeling like he's an absolute traitor on this tbh. His silence amounts to either tacit approval of Russia's invasion or his belief that his job is more important to him than his countrymen dying to protect their homes. As a half-Iranian, I've got 0 time or respect for any Iranian that is a member of MEK or sympathetic to MEK - because they're traitors that fought alongside Saddam Hussein and tacitly condoned his chemical weapons attacks (and never made any statement condemning the invasion of their country or the war crimes commited against it).

It's not as direct of a comparison, because Tymoschuk isn't fighting alongside Russian forces... but his silence is a statement on his thoughts on the war... and it's not a statement that I think would sit well with many Ukrainians.

So while I think it's weird they'd try to "erase" his sporting history with the country... I also think it's totally understandable that he's receiving a lot of hate from his fellow countrymen. But I'm also not sure symbolic punishments are the best use of any Ukrainians time right now. Having said that, I doubt the Ukrainian FA is up to right now (other than trying to stay alive).

6 hours ago, Stan said:

:(

Seems like every day and we get news of yet another horrific war crime.

Often each day's war crime is worse than the last. I thought the news of mining evacuation corridors was grim... but bombing a childrens hospital is about as evil as it gets.

• Upvote 1

On 07/03/2022 at 21:25, Carnivore Chris said:

If world war III starts, I've decided I'm going to seek refuge in Latin America, as they probably wouldn't get involved. Do you think Brazil will have me?@El Profesor

Come to south africa,   the ANC are entrenched in communist ideology and South Africa gave up all the natural resources to china and russia for about 300bn lol.   We are basically owned by the Russians and Chinese. 

19 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Seems like every day and we get news of yet another horrific war crime.

Often each day's war crime is worse than the last. I thought the news of mining evacuation corridors was grim... but bombing a childrens hospital is about as evil as it gets.

Is there such a thing as a nice war?   or just living under the pipe dream that people are going to fight wars by the geneva play book 

18 minutes ago, MUFC said:

more reason why the internet needs to go under lock and key and be restricted like the past.    These kinds of reports lead to baseless fanaticism.   People will believe whatever their subjective biases tell them. 

58 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Is there such a thing as a nice war?   or just living under the pipe dream that people are going to fight wars by the geneva play book 

No all war is brutal, but countries that have veto power at the UNSC should be held to the highest of standards.

But permanent members include war criminal nations & a country committing genocide against an ethnic and religious minority... so I guess I shouldn't be surprised the world is so fucking shit

• Upvote 1

I think this is a pretty strange, but desperate move: https://www.rawstory.com/russia-mcdonalds-trademark-intellectual-property/

A massive relaxation of intellectual property protections, coupled with the threat of nationalisation of companies who pause activities in Russia for more than 5 days, I don't think is going to encourage many foreign businesses to re-enter Russia if they go ahead with that.

Nationalisation of assets itself, I think would piss a lot of companies off but they could probably return if they saw that the likely return on investment would make it worth it (and chances are, with the threat of China potentially nationalising business assets - though small, still existing, I think means many international businsses would find it worth the risk).

But castrating intellectual property violations makes me wonder whether any business, entrepreneur, or artist - even Russian ones - would try to do anything creative/productive in Russia again? If Russia's government shows they're willing to seize both physical and intellectual property, it's showing they have no issue with operating a business and pretending to be another business to steal that business's profits.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

No all war is brutal, but countries that have veto power at the UNSC should be held to the highest of standards.

But permanent members include war criminal nations & a country committing genocide against an ethnic and religious minority... so I guess I shouldn't be surprised the world is so fucking shit

That's depressing but that's unfortunately how it is. Having any sort of power or serious say in international politics unfortunately means you either have to have an insane amount of money or people are scared you're gonna bomb them.

On 10/03/2022 at 19:38, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think this is a pretty strange, but desperate move: https://www.rawstory.com/russia-mcdonalds-trademark-intellectual-property/

A massive relaxation of intellectual property protections, coupled with the threat of nationalisation of companies who pause activities in Russia for more than 5 days, I don't think is going to encourage many foreign businesses to re-enter Russia if they go ahead with that.

Nationalisation of assets itself, I think would piss a lot of companies off but they could probably return if they saw that the likely return on investment would make it worth it (and chances are, with the threat of China potentially nationalising business assets - though small, still existing, I think means many international businsses would find it worth the risk).

But castrating intellectual property violations makes me wonder whether any business, entrepreneur, or artist - even Russian ones - would try to do anything creative/productive in Russia again? If Russia's government shows they're willing to seize both physical and intellectual property, it's showing they have no issue with operating a business and pretending to be another business to steal that business's profits.

Interesting.

Just reading the other day that Russia may ignore intellectual property rights due to the economic war being waged against it. 

There is talk about the US and allies splitting from Russia and China and they may pull on to their side Iran, Pakistan, Central Eurasian states and maybe some African and South America countries to create a bi-polar world.

So this would be the debt drowned West against asset rich Russia, Iran and currency manipulating China and other countries with heavy trade or angry at treatment by the US.

Sounds very Orwelllian in concept and of course still time for an exit though looks grim. 

There is a lot of talk about biolabs being built in Ukraine with serious diseases in.

Vicky Nuland has mentioned this at a government hearing saying it is very dangerous if the Russians take over them yet little if any background as to who set them up.

Independent analysts think the US may have been planning to release bio weapons against Russia in a way to weaken it like it did with Afghanistan in the 80's-90s.

They add that intensive shelling of the Russian Eastern region was a ploy for the Russians to invade though they were caught out by the scale of the Russian action which is much more extensive..

Why would they do this, well allegedly the US dollar is the reserve currency for the world which allows it to maintain such a dominant military without draining the economy yet with China and Russia making bilateral deals in local currency and countries like Turkey and India buying Russian missile systems the US feels threatened yet do not feel strong enough to take both Russia and China on at the same time. 

I can provide links if requested to the biolabs claims.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Waylander said:

There is a lot of talk about biolabs being built in Ukraine with serious diseases in.

Vicky Nuland has mentioned this at a government hearing saying it is very dangerous if the Russians take over them yet little if any background as to who set them up.

Independent analysts think the US may have been planning to release bio weapons against Russia in a way to weaken it like it did with Afghanistan in the 80's-90s.

They add that intensive shelling of the Russian Eastern region was a ploy for the Russians to invade though they were caught out by the scale of the Russian action which is much more extensive..

Why would they do this, well allegedly the US dollar is the reserve currency for the world which allows it to maintain such a dominant military without draining the economy yet with China and Russia making bilateral deals in local currency and countries like Turkey and India buying Russian missile systems the US feels threatened yet do not feel strong enough to take both Russia and China on at the same time. 

Please stop posting unsubstantiated conspiracy theories. Thanks. You can keep the links.

• Upvote 3

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, Waylander said:

Have I mentioned how much I love fox news viewers. Its been categorically proven false now fuck off with your bullshit. Theyre soviet era labs for one. 

Edited by Viva la FCB