talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Russia and Ukraine

football forum

Because U.S despite its apparent abrasive attitude towards countries like Pakistan cares deeply about its perception there. Indian FM can say on open forums that Europe's problems are not our problems but if Khan would have said that it would've been perceived as 'anti-Western'.

• Upvote 1

On 11/06/2022 at 06:42, RandoEFC said:

Painful reading.

I think it's always difficult to interpret political polls in authoritarian countries for exactly the reasons listed there.

If you're living in a country where political dissidents are actively being rounded up and treated as political prisoners for having a certain political view and then some random person calls you up or sends you a link to an opinion poll... how inclined are you going to be to tell the truth?

3 hours ago, Aladdin said:

Yeah so the far the posturing of both sides doesn't show that they are up for an agreement. I'm a bit anxious about the coming winter and next year tbh.

They don’t seem close to a cease fire at all. Russia is demanding Ukraine recognise new breakaway regions, Ukraine is demanding that Russia finally fuck off out of Crimea. In the context of this conflict, that’s probably about as far as the 2 sides can be from an agreement.

On 14/06/2022 at 18:25, Aladdin said:

Because U.S despite its apparent abrasive attitude towards countries like Pakistan cares deeply about its perception there. Indian FM can say on open forums that Europe's problems are not our problems but if Khan would have said that it would've been perceived as 'anti-Western'.

The rhetoric and actions from politicians, the media, and people in general has exposed hypocrisy from the start.

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

And Russia furious about it, saying it's illegal for Lithuania to act as though they're a sovereign country.

A Russian lawmaker actually called for the Duma to revoke Russia's recognition of Lithuania's sovereignty a while ago.

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

A Russian lawmaker actually called for the Duma to revoke Russia's recognition of Lithuania's sovereignty a while ago.

Russian lawmakers have been saying increasingly insane shit over the past few months. Part of me thinks they feel compelled to sound as rabidly insane as they can because otherwise Putin might think they're disloyal and think they're good targets for purging. Part of me thinks it's because they'll show clips of it on their state media and get to pat themselves on the back for "showing Russian strength."

And part of me thinks their politicians are insane arseholes who genuinely believe the stupid shit they say.

So I really have no idea what to make of any statement coming from any Russian politician at the moment.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Russian lawmakers have been saying increasingly insane shit over the past few months. Part of me thinks they feel compelled to sound as rabidly insane as they can because otherwise Putin might think they're disloyal and think they're good targets for purging. Part of me thinks it's because they'll show clips of it on their state media and get to pat themselves on the back for "showing Russian strength."

And part of me thinks their politicians are insane arseholes who genuinely believe the stupid shit they say.

So I really have no idea what to make of any statement coming from any Russian politician at the moment.

You have some lawmaker problems a little closer to home bruv 

"Oi nah we can just put our goods through Northern Irelands borders unchecked cos we say so, fuk the EU treaty we signed just the other day"

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You have some lawmaker problems a little closer to home bruv 

"Oi nah we can just put our goods through Northern Irelands borders unchecked cos we say so, fuk the EU treaty we signed just the other day"

Yeah but anyone with a brain could have told you tories would try pulling that kind of shit. Not my fault our electorate are a bunch of dummies xD

At least they’re not invading neighbors and threatening to take Ireland’s sovereignty away again.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah but anyone with a brain could have told you tories would try pulling that kind of shit. Not my fault our electorate are a bunch of dummies xD

At least they’re not invading neighbors and threatening to take Ireland’s sovereignty away again.

Give them time.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

And Russia furious about it, saying it's illegal for Lithuania to act as though they're a sovereign country.

People saying its no big deal though as its a partial blockade only on the stuff falling under the sanctions. Russia will just have to double time on ferry transport.

6 hours ago, nudge said:

Russian side saying recognition was based on agreement of free transit of goods and people to and from Leningrad !? 

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Aladdin said:

Russian side saying recognition was based on agreement of free transit of goods and people to and from Leningrad !? 

Nah they're not even bothering with that, the submitted bill simply claims that the recognition was unconstitutional and illegal. 

Also, Leningrad = St. Petersburg, whereas we're talking about Kaliningrad here :) 

Edited by nudge
  • Upvote 1

Israel has been planning test runs of bombing Iranian nuclear sites and Iran has confirmed enriching 60% enough fuel sufficient to make a bomb.

Now Israel bombed Iraq's nuclear developmment in 1981 though don't think this will be so easy even with new US high altitude bombers. 

If this becomes hot Ukraine will slip into yesterdays news........... and if the gulf becomes a battlefield with all those oil exporters in the firing line fuel prices will rocket.