talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Russia and Ukraine

football forum

5 hours ago, Waylander said:

You can bet the newer US citizens from poorer countries are in a better health state and get incentives to join up. Whether this can offset the longer trend is questionable.

that worked so well for Rome, when you enlist people that don't have any alliegence or sense of traditional values it is a recipe for disaster

25 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The Azov battalion was absorbed into the Ukraine military a while ago, the original leadership hasn’t been affiliated with them for a while. So not really like them at all.

Yeah except US soldiers (not mercs) when attacked by a much larger force of Wagner mercs in Syria, they massacred the Wagner mercs at the Battle of Khasham.

And the Ukraine war is proving that even outdated US equipment is proving to be effective for a smaller and less advanced military on paper.

that battle the us had howitzer, gunships, attack choppers, tanks and fighter support against absolutely no mechanized forces.   

to regard American M4 weapons platforms as old is asinine, it's not like there is just one M4 the designation of M4 is generation and M4A is modern.  America also uses Fabrique Nationale which is Belgian and high quality weaponry.    

America's military budget is bigger than everyone county combined hence why its a commodity and merc for hire.

My peace proposal

– Russia withdraws to pre-February borders

– Ukraine assures legally binding neutrality but with legally binding no aggression

– Russia keeps Crimea as de facto under its suzerain like France & Monaco

– Putin promises to see therapy

– Everyone group hugs in the end

On 28/09/2022 at 16:46, Dr. Gonzo said:

If it was Russia, it sort of makes sense from an authoritarian ruler perspective. If he’s ousted, there’s no easy way for the oligarchs to return to printing money again.

If it was the West, it’s sort of a strange message to send to Russia. I suppose it would let them know that they don’t care if Putin decides to turn off the taps in the winter.

We’ll never know though.

I would say it prevents northern Europe being able to quickly get oil or gas from Russia when there is a political solution, northern Europe would still be dependent on dearer US energy they couldn't just turn on the taps. Plenty of time before a new pipe could be put into production for political intrigues to deter northern Europe getting cheaper fuel.

Random question of the day.

With all the sanctions placed upon Russia by the West, are they actually working in any way shape or form?

I ask as at present, it seems that Russia are still able to try and press on with the invasion, while Europe appears to be feeling this more than Russia in terms of increased prices (mainly due to reliance on Russia I believe), despite the sanctions (which would take time for them to have an effect I believe).

Not really seeing anything to suggest what we've done is actually affecting Russia. Time for a bit of research online methinks.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Random question of the day.

With all the sanctions placed upon Russia by the West, are they actually working in any way shape or form?

I ask as at present, it seems that Russia are still able to try and press on with the invasion, while Europe appears to be feeling this more than Russia in terms of increased prices (mainly due to reliance on Russia I believe), despite the sanctions (which would take time for them to have an effect I believe).

Not really seeing anything to suggest what we've done is actually affecting Russia. Time for a bit of research online methinks.

Others here will more than likely know better than me but countries like China, Iran and some South American countries are still trading with Russia. Hence, they are still (Russia) getting by for now but from what I have read it will take time for the sanctions to hit really hard.

When you look at components for military equipment the Russians that they have been buying from the Nato countries dry up which will affect them in the long run as the likes of the USA, UK and Germany have up-to-date and superior components than the rest of the world.

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Others here will more than likely know better than me but countries like China, Iran and some South American countries are still trading with Russia. Hence, they are still (Russia) getting by for now but from what I have read it will take time for the sanctions to hit really hard.

When you look at components for military equipment the Russians that they have been buying from the Nato countries dry up which will affect them in the long run as the likes of the USA, UK and Germany have up-to-date and superior components than the rest of the world.

Good point for the part in bold. I'd forgotten about that admittedly. :(

• Upvote 1

I would not be surprised if this goes nuclear, in game of thrones, 'Winter is coming' in real life perhaps 'Nukes are coming'.

Russia thinks it is under attack, it has survived the economic hit so far yet are probably shocked to see the Ukrainian army still having some success and then there are those odd assassinations and explosion in their own territory.

Biden has joked or dared Russia suggesting their might be a nuclear event.

I'm just wondering like they did initially with the large invasion perhaps they might consider a large first strike and I don't think it will be Ukraine either.

A very dangerous time. since the cold war serious discussion is kept away from the mainstream as people stop buying things. 

2 hours ago, Waylander said:

I would not be surprised if this goes nuclear, in game of thrones, 'Winter is coming' in real life perhaps 'Nukes are coming'.

Putin wouldn't survive a 'defeat' in Russia's own backyard so he'll definitely go nuclear if push comes to shove. So it's best if maybe both parties can have some kind of stalemate as a face saving !?

• Upvote 1

Tulsi Gabbard dropped some bombshells, although it wasn't what anyone didn't come to suspect but those in power rather you don't know.   America is in the pocket of the industrial military complex and the handlers, they run America in a type of technocracy.   Republicans and Democrats alike are to fixated on selling war.

3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Tulsi Gabbard dropped some bombshells, although it wasn't what anyone didn't come to suspect but those in power rather you don't know.   America is in the pocket of the industrial military complex and the handlers, they run America in a type of technocracy.   Republicans and Democrats alike are to fixated on selling war.

Doesn't literally everybody know this about America? Not much of a bombshell xD

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Interesting

it is very wise to no trust mainstream and legacy media especially when it pandas what governments want the populace to believe.   the covid lies and the environmental crap is enough to know the goal is complete control.

people are easy to maniplulate

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

it is very wise to no trust mainstream and legacy media especially when it pandas what governments want the populace to believe.   the covid lies and the environmental crap is enough to know the goal is complete control.

people are easy to maniplulate

Be careful, snowflakes in here will get triggered 🤣 they cant handle truth, bless um!

3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Be careful, snowflakes in here will get triggered 🤣 they cant handle truth, bless um!

the pro Ukraine aspect has reached the point where you question the authenticity.  aerial photos show that Russia control large parts of the East and South and while they did give up 40kms that is like a 100th of the land Russia has taken.    

Russia are also using reservists who are under armed and out numbered, they haven't even used their enlisted forces nor their modern weaponry yet have caused over a trillion dollars in weapons losses.   Ukraine have lost 47 Homes they were given by the US and UK.   they have lost 400 battle tanks which was already double Russia's reservist number.

the war is a stalemate because Russia doesn't have sufficient man power but if they mobilise it will be another 700k and machines of war that includes the SU57 which Ukraine cannot shoot down.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

oh the fucking irony. 

the truth often lies between the two.  I think our governments are deliberately not telling us and I am very certain this war was engineered because war is profitable but it also grants war time powers to politically alter things without checks and balances.