talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Russia and Ukraine

football forum

11 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

If this turns out to be WWIII will it be even more pointless than WWI? 

No disrespect to Ukraine but at least conflicts in Middle East & Africa are about valuable resources in hindsight. Ukraine just seems a projection of power from both sides.

It’s also about resources with Ukraine isn’t it?

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s also about resources with Ukraine isn’t it?

Which ones that would merit a great power conflict ? Ukraine isn't Taiwan that has a huge semiconductor industry or some very valuable resources like oil which shapes foreign policies. 

31 minutes ago, Spike said:

I wasn’t joking. They export the most seed oil in the world

But I export more seed.

4 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

Belarusian airfield reportedly attacked with Russian aircraft damaged. 

I'm planning to get in shape. This is getting serious I need to be prepared. 

You're in Pakistan bro. Calm.

3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You're in Pakistan bro. Calm.

Our foreign minister has done visits of Hungary, Lithuania, Romania and we are sending arms to Ukraine. Russia aiding India for an aggression in return is likely, like the last Cold War. Educate yourself on how World Wars work:coffee:

35 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

Our foreign minister has done visits of Hungary, Lithuania, Romania and we are sending arms to Ukraine. Russia aiding India for an aggression in return is likely, like the last Cold War. Educate yourself on how World Wars work:coffee:

I know more about WW2 especially than you ever will. 

36 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

Our foreign minister has done visits of Hungary, Lithuania, Romania and we are sending arms to Ukraine.

Russia would barely notice compared to the PMs of every western nation visiting, and you sent ammo lol. Who cares. You're also pleading neutrality and begging the Russians for discount oil. So I'd say you have FAR better relations with russia than most nations. 

38 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

Russia aiding India for an aggression in return is likely, like the last Cold War. 

Pure speculation. Besides. India has WAY more troops, more money. They have double the military, 9x the GDP, and they already have as much shit from Russia as could be spared. You've lost every war to India, and it would be no different if the 2 nations duked it out, no matter if Russia aided India or not (or how fit super soldier Beelzebub became) 

54 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Russia would barely notice compared to the PMs of every western nation visiting, and you sent ammo lol. Who cares.

There is a difference between making arms deal in peace time and war time where they would be actually used for killing opponents on battlefield no matter how little. Why is China being threatened to not send weapons to Russia when arms deals happen all the time? Educate yourself on how great powers perceive threats 

Pure speculation. Besides. India has WAY more troops, more money. They have double the military, 9x the GDP, and they already have as much shit from Russia as could be spared. You've lost every war to India, and it would be no different if the 2 nations duked it out, no matter if Russia aided India or not (or how fit super soldier Beelzebub became)

Read a book about how Soviets gave crucial support to India as a reliable Cold war ally in those wars or some book by a diplomat who actually lived through and studied the geopolitics of subcontinent or at least watch Yuri Bezmenov interview. As Dr. Gonzo said in an earlier post modern warfare is no 'you lost every war' unless massive difference between the two sides which doesn't exist btw Ind-Pak naturally without intervention of global powers. But here is DDW spouting the same nonsense people were saying about Russia Oh bigger army, battle tested, high GDP roll over Ukraine etc until we saw how it actually turned out.

6 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

There is a difference between making arms deal in peace time and war time where they would be actually used for killing opponents on battlefield no matter how little. Why is China being threatened to not send weapons to Russia when arms deals happen all the time? Educate yourself on how great powers perceive threats

Hahahahaha You're comparing Pakistan delivering a few crates of ammo to Ukraine... to China delivering weapons to the anti western side of the war? What a joke. 

6 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Read a book about how Soviets gave crucial support to India as a reliable Cold war ally in those wars or some book by a diplomat who actually lived through and studied the geopolitics of subcontinent or at least watch Yuri Bezmenov interview. As Dr. Gonzo said in an earlier post modern warfare is no 'you lost every war' unless massive difference between the two sides which doesn't exist btw Ind-Pak naturally without intervention of global powers. But here is DDW spouting the same nonsense people were saying about Russia Oh bigger army, battle tested, high GDP roll over Ukraine etc until we saw how it actually turned out.

I know they did, and yes, there is a massive difference between the 2 sides without global intervention, and you'd have to be a fuckwit (or subject to a lot of nationalism) to see it. It's like me saying Australia vs China would be a fair fight hahahaha.

India have an excellent army, they've folded you in the past, and would fold you again. Proxy war or not. You're too proud to see it. 
Sure, there is a non zero possibility that the world would cut India off to the extent that they've cut off russia, and you get bankrolled and supplied Drones, weapons platforms and missiles to the extent Ukraine has from the free world, but I doubt it. For many many reasons. Sure, there would be some hats thrown into the ring, but Pakistan vs India is not in the same stratosphere as Russia vs Ukraine. 

41 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Hahahahaha You're comparing Pakistan delivering a few crates of ammo to Ukraine... to China delivering weapons to the anti western side of the war? What a joke. 

I know they did, and yes, there is a massive difference between the 2 sides without global intervention, and you'd have to be a fuckwit (or subject to a lot of nationalism) to see it. It's like me saying Australia vs China would be a fair fight hahahaha.

India have an excellent army, they've folded you in the past, and would fold you again. Proxy war or not. You're too proud to see it. 
Sure, there is a non zero possibility that the world would cut India off to the extent that they've cut off russia, and you get bankrolled and supplied Drones, weapons platforms and missiles to the extent Ukraine has from the free world, but I doubt it. For many many reasons. Sure, there would be some hats thrown into the ring, but Pakistan vs India is not in the same stratosphere as Russia vs Ukraine. 

Few crates. Follow news more

And see what NATO's chief said earlier even they're having difficulty keeping up with the demand. Its a war of attrition, its all about who can sustain those 'few crates' or 'few tanks' of supply. 

For someone who refutes the narrative of Britain winning two world wars you are completely ignorant of the subject of asymmetric warfare in present world. Not worth wasting time

9 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

Few crates. Follow news more

And see what NATO's chief said earlier even they're having difficulty keeping up with the demand. Its a war of attrition, its all about who can sustain those 'few crates' or 'few tanks' of supply. 

For someone who refutes the narrative of Britain winning two world wars you are completely ignorant of the subject of asymmetric warfare in present world. Not worth wasting time

You're not worth mine either, as you refused to cover the most glaring point I made. That you're on your knees begging russia for oil and are about the closest thing to an ally they have right now. 

And yes, it's a financial war of attrition. (Remember the bit about india having double the population and 9x the GDP oh wait) 
And the supplies Nato and the US are giving the Ukraine are what's currently the decisive stratagem. Not fucking Pakistan xD.

But whatever go do some burpies if you think you'll be conscripted bro. But if you aren't conscripted by the end of next year you owe the forum a full months donations. 

Pretty sure as of 2021 Pakistan was dealing with Russia to build a giant pipeline through the country.  Also I’m pretty sure Russia was giving Pakistan flood relief in 2022 as well.

Pakistan selling weapons to Ukraine sounds like a psyop to undermine Pakistani and Russian relations.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Spike said:

Pretty sure as of 2021 Pakistan was dealing with Russia to build a giant pipeline through the country.  Also I’m pretty sure Russia was giving Pakistan flood relief in 2022 as well.

Pakistan selling weapons to Ukraine sounds like a psyop to undermine Pakistani and Russian relations.

Can't talk, Papua New Guinea just sent 6 AKs and a can of beans to Ukraine, I might be conscripted soon.

11 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I think if this expands to India & Russia v. Pakistan & the West, we'd probably have been passed the point of nukes being launched so at that point who's really arsed - most of us are probably dead.

The whole thing would be a weird shitshow. India hates China and Pakistan and they like Russia. China likes Russia and hates India. Pakistan hates India, loves Turkey and the Saudis, has good (although sometimes its on-and-off) relations with the west (especially the US). They both like Iran, who hate the US and the west, and who like China and Russia.

I think you're right it's not in the same stratosphere as Russia v. Ukraine, I think it's a lot more contentious and messy historically speaking and if it expands into an actual world war with these countries as participants... it'd be an absolute fucking mess. I think there's a lot that's less clear cut about how the fuck that would go compared to the EU, NATO and the US worried about authoritarian expansion into Europe, Europe's energy issues, and protecting US hegemony.

54 minutes ago, Spike said:

Pakistan has a long history of weapons deals with the West & India's got a long history of weapons deals with Russia. India having better ties with Russia, and Pakistan having better ties with the US goes back directly to the cold war.

Pakistan selling weapons to Ukraine sounds like something Pakistan's government was ordered to do by the US, and that they were keen to follow the order because it benefits them staying in the good graces of the US considering what happened to their last PM who did not have the best relationship with the US. Pakistan want to be like Turkey, a country that can straddle the line between western ally and working with western enemies - to best serve their own interests. Pakistan gets less leeway to act in it's own interests though because they're not members of NATO like Turkey is. Whereas Turkey's importance in terms of where it's located in the world and the NATO nuclear weapons it houses mean it's firmly a western ally... but they do get to fuck around and make deals with Russia that Pakistan can't get away with.

57 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Pakistan's given millions in humanitarian aid and over 10,000 missiles to Ukraine...

Mate a fucking house in Australia costs millions. And for the last fucking time ROCKETS AREN'T MISSILES. You make it sound like Pakistan just gave Ukraine the means to glass the fucking earth when in fact they gave them some 1960s 12 cm firecrackers. 

56 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Mate a fucking house in Australia costs millions. And for the last fucking time ROCKETS AREN'T MISSILES. You make it sound like Pakistan just gave Ukraine the means to glass the fucking earth when in fact they gave them some 1960s 12 cm firecrackers. 

Yeah and what Pakistan's given is probably the equivalent of buying at a few hundred of houses in Australia. And they've sent missiles, not rockets. It's not insignificant aid. It's not like Pakistan's just sent over 5 quid and a couple of grenades. Honestly, the aid they've sent over despite the shit Pakistan has been dealing with in recent times (floods, border clashes, Balochi separatist terrorism, and a more belligerent Taliban, and serious financial trouble with the debts they have to China)... sort of makes some of Ukraine's EU allies look like stingy arseholes considering they're a lot more stable... and are directly relying on Ukraine winning this war.

Looking at the trade between the countries, Ukraine and Pakistan actually have a long history of military supplies and equipment sold. And a long history of agricultural engineering products, as well as Ukraine's grain exports. Pakistan's got a long history of preferring to do business with Ukraine over Russia, which is probably a spillover from Russia and India having fairly close ties during the Cold War tbh.

I don't think Russia's going to try to expand this into a larger war by dragging more countries in, because I think Russia's military has exposed itself as a load of shite that's only good at killing Wahabi dickheads the Saudis have funded, but haven't trained, in Syria. If they drag too many real countries into their stupid war, I assume they'll find themselves embarrassed.

• 1 month later...