• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea wait on Alex Sandro to decide his future

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Chelsea On Verge of Signing Alex Sandro
5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I thought Chelsea wouldn't pay 60 million for any player?

That unfortunately rules out every one of Conte's transfer targets considering today's market. 

Our board are stingy, but if they want to make Conte happy, they have to throw in their end. Chinese transfers, league title profits as well as new Nike sponsorship should give us a hefty transfer sum. 

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I thought Chelsea wouldn't pay 60 million for any player?

Have a look back the last few years and you'll notice Chelsea cap their transfers at £32,000,000

I womder if this could see Alonso converted to a new position.

11 hours ago, Spike said:

Have a look back the last few years and you'll notice Chelsea cap their transfers at £32,000,000

I womder if this could see Alonso converted to a new position.

LCB? Could do, he's played there at Fiorentina. Although he isn't a very dominating and aggressive physical presence. Still think him and Sandro (if goes through would be our LWB options. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Harry said:

Why is roman no longer getting out the cheque book? 

I recall reading sometime ago that the Chelsea board had a plan to become self sustainable within a decade, around 2012/13 time. As part of that, it included Abramovich not funding wholly or subsidizing player transfers.

Players he bought back in the spend spend spend era were from his own pocket and then recorded as debt against the club i.e Chelsea owe Roman considerable cash.

However as it stands; he isn't interested in cashing in what he's due given Chelsea is his team. Instead he worked with the board to make the club more profitable without the need for a sugar Daddy.

Hence the frugality in player signings in an increasingly profligate market 

Batard once again, has hit the nail on the head. That is why Chelsea is so different to what it was over a decade ago. Not to mention the practice of purchasing young players in attempts to sell them for profit, rather than playing them. You can argue that is an aberration of the spirit of the sport but sadly that is what it has become.

• Administrator

Imagine how we feel at Marseille, Mendy was let go for a modest fee to Monaco because we're run by muppets. If he signs for a club for €40 I'll post my vomit to the Marseille board 

10 hours ago, Batard said:

Imagine how we feel at Marseille, Mendy was let go for a modest fee to Monaco because we're run by muppets. If he signs for a club for €40 I'll post my vomit to the Marseille board 

Maybe you have a sell on fee? ..be a nice little nest egg off 40mill   ...if not, your board are indeed mupppets :D

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Maybe you have a sell on fee? ..be a nice little nest egg off 40mill   ...if not, your board are indeed mupppets :D

Nope, no sell on fee, not that I am aware of. We sold him for around €13m, what a ridiculously low fee. I remember at the time thinking why in Gods name were we letting him go for that and replacing him with 32 year old Bedimo. This is Marseille. 

Talk of Chelsea getting Bonucci and Sandro for around £100m.  What I don't understand is, if Dani Alves is on his way to City, why would Juventus dismantle their defence and let both Bonucci and Sandro leave?  All three started the Champions League final, even if they have replacements in mind, it will not be easy to replace three defensive starters all at once. 

Archived