talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Relegation Battle 2022

56 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wage expenses make up 89% of their total revenue - so financially they're looking at a genuine financial catastrophe if they go down.

xD fuck me I use a lot of words for someone shit at writing

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/04/2022 at 15:16, Dr. Gonzo said:

The thing is while Ashley is a greedy and unambitious dickhead, I'm not so sure he was quite as out of his depth running Newcastle as Moshiri is with Everton.

Whenever Newcastle went down, they quickly came back up because Ashley's greed relied on that PL money. Also when you went down, I'm fairly certain players of yours had relegation clauses so their wages will go down as the revenue goes down from the club getting relegated and not getting the PL TV money - Everton do not have these clauses in their contracts for their players. Wage expenses make up 89% of their total revenue - so financially they're looking at a genuine financial catastrophe if they go down.

Some players, like Pickford and Richarlison, will move on pretty quickly. But other players, like the Delphs & Alli's of the squad, I think are considered too overpaid and underperforming to be counted on to be sold to free up wages and allow for rebuilding.

And I understand that Ashley was rightfully hated because he was unambitious and I think Newcastle fans were right to expect more from their team and to hope that their owners would be able to show forward progress moving towards being a better football club. But he at least had a goal with Newcastle and knew in order to be a greedy parasite to the maximum, he'd have to have Newcastle in the top flight.

He was a bad owner... but I think Moshiri is a bad owner on an entirely different level.

I'm sure Moshiri's a greedy parasite, but I don't know if he's capable of short and long term planning for a football club. He thinks he knows better than the experts in football he's hired to advise him. He hired Marcel Brands.... and there's so many reports of him just ignoring Brands' advice and just going ahead with what he wanted to do. They spent so much money to build a side that is so unbalanced that it's no wonder Everton have struggled under several managers (because let's not forget the last 4 months of Ancelotti's Everton last season were pretty fucking dire).

Moshiri really has not demonstrated much that he can help Everton bounce back from a relegation. If anything it's been a slow and steady rot under his leadership that he's shown he's only really been capable of speeding up to the dismay of the blueshite.

It's hard to say what would happen: but I think they're arguably more likely to be more of a Sunderland post-relegation than a Newcastle.

I think Ashley got lucky with our first relegation bounce back. There was absolutely no plan that summer. He didn't appoint a manager or sign anyone at the start. He got lucky that Hughton turned out well because that was not planned.

The 2nd relegation Villa went down with us. Both teams spent a lot of money to rebuild a side, we went up but Villa were a disaster. Villa are quite lucky to even be in the Premier League now, all that money and they couldn't manage automatic in 3 years. Still it comes off eventually and somehow. 

If Everton plopped I'd expect they'd spend and it would go either the way of us or Villa. 

Villa needed to spend £350m in the last 3 years to stay a mid table team. Getting relegated sets you back years and tens of millions just to get back to where you could have been with the right manager and 2 or 3 signings.

4 hours ago, Sean the ginger 1 said:

My boys Burnley are right in a relegation battle. Massive game for us today at Norwich. Must win game for us clarets. 

Setting off early doors to get down there 🥴

this game screams 3-3 type draw all over it

1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

this game screams 3-3 type draw all over it

We miss our leader Ben mee Big time when he doesn't play the defence doesn't look anywhere near as assured. Be interesting to see if you boys go for him or James Tarkowski. 

💯 % interested in mee because he spoke about it.. 

Probably wanted him for relegation fight. Maybe look at more high profile pre season 

5 minutes ago, Sean the ginger 1 said:

We miss our leader Ben mee Big time when he doesn't play the defence doesn't look anywhere near as assured. Be interesting to see if you boys go for him or James Tarkowski. 

💯 % interested in mee because he spoke about it.. 

Probably wanted him for relegation fight. Maybe look at more high profile pre season 

don't think we will be going for Tarkowski.   We will want to extend Schars contract and the links of centerbacks in recent weeks is a massive list.

Botman

Nico Schlotterbeck

Godfrey

inacio Goncales

issa diop

szalai

Bendiashile

gvardiol

Niahkate

Just now, OrangeKhrush said:

don't think we will be going for Tarkowski.   We will want to extend Schars contract and the links of centerbacks in recent weeks is a massive list.

Botman

Nico Schlotterbeck

Godfrey

inacio Goncales

issa diop

szalai

Bendiashile

gvardiol

Niahkate

Tarkowski is on a free. Proven at this level. Far more reliable than the Everton kid too. If you don't get him somebody will 🤷🏻‍♀️

1 minute ago, Sean the ginger 1 said:

Tarkowski is on a free. Proven at this level. Far more reliable than the Everton kid too. If you don't get him somebody will 🤷🏻‍♀️

he may be worth a shot as we will want to clear out Lascelles and sick note Fernandez.   Tarkowski may have to accept being a squad player though

Just now, OrangeKhrush said:

he may be worth a shot as we will want to clear out Lascelles and sick note Fernandez.   Tarkowski may have to accept being a squad player though

He'll probably end up elsewhere. 

Doesn't always tackle like this either 😂 

🤣🤣🤣🙄🙄🙄

Neville waffling on like he's never made a tackle like it 

He'll probably end up elsewhere. 

Doesn't always tackle like this either 😂 

🤣🤣🤣🙄🙄🙄

Neville waffling on like he's never made a tackle like it 

our ambitions are to be competitive in 2 or 3 seasons, for that we need to be signing players in their early 20s to ensure longevity.  

2 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

our ambitions are to be competitive in 2 or 3 seasons, for that we need to be signing players in their early 20s to ensure longevity.  

City and Chelsea when they first started chucking money around signed better class players but with more experience in some cases. 

Do you think Eddie Howe is the right man to attract players and take you forwards.. 

We had him at Burnley and he did some decent things.. 

City and Chelsea when they first started chucking money around signed better class players but with more experience in some cases. 

Do you think Eddie Howe is the right man to attract players and take you forwards.. 

We had him at Burnley and he did some decent things.. 

I like Eddie Howe, he is young willing to learn to and he is well spoken.  his sky interview after Friday's game with Carragher was testament to that.   he spoke of how the spurs game was the exception to the rule, that the first goal for him was becoming hard to beat.  spurs in one game scored more goals than we have conceded in our previous 12.   spurs are smashing everyone right now so I don't feel to bad.

Bruno Guimaraes and Kieran Trippier is the standard we need going forward, two game changers.  Trips back soon with Wilson is a major lift.

Bruno is crazy good, he tackles and turns over ball, then gets it going forward with ease.   so much time on the ball even when pressured

1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I like Eddie Howe, he is young willing to learn to and he is well spoken.  his sky interview after Friday's game with Carragher was testament to that.   he spoke of how the spurs game was the exception to the rule, that the first goal for him was becoming hard to beat.  spurs in one game scored more goals than we have conceded in our previous 12.   spurs are smashing everyone right now so I don't feel to bad.

Bruno Guimaraes and Kieran Trippier is the standard we need going forward, two game changers.  Trips back soon with Wilson is a major lift.

Bruno is crazy good, he tackles and turns over ball, then gets it going forward with ease.   so much time on the ball even when pressured

I saw some fans doubting trippier saying oh he's only gone for payday blah blah blah.. 

I knew he'd perform always gives 💯 % no matter what. 

Yeh Bruno will get better too no doubt about it. I hope Eddie does good and gets a proper chance. I for a feeling the owners will go for a bigger name though down the line 

Really starting to look like the battle is sown up, struggling to see how Watford or Burnley get out of this now. Massive result for Everton against United, two big results for us against Chelsea and West Ham and a big win for Leeds over Watford.

Still going to be some close calls for Everton I think from here on out but I feel like they've given themselves a big boost now.

• Administrator

Yeah barring some horrendous collapse or drastic upturn in form, it's pretty much done. One more win for Everton probably does it really.

image.png

Next games:

Man Utd vs Norwich
Watford vs Brentford
West Ham vs Burnley
Everton 
vs Leicester

Everton have a 9-day break until their game now though. 

9 hours ago, Danny said:

Really starting to look like the battle is sown up, struggling to see how Watford or Burnley get out of this now. Massive result for Everton against United, two big results for us against Chelsea and West Ham and a big win for Leeds over Watford.

Still going to be some close calls for Everton I think from here on out but I feel like they've given themselves a big boost now.

Everton got some very hard games. We're only 4 behind Everton. Burnley been beaten by shambles this season though. Defence compared to some been okay. We miss Ben mee massively 

Time will tell we looked shocking yesterday though 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Yeah barring some horrendous collapse or drastic upturn in form, it's pretty much done. One more win for Everton probably does it really.

image.png

Next games:

Man Utd vs Norwich
Watford vs Brentford
West Ham vs Burnley
Everton 
vs Leicester

Everton have a 9-day break until their game now though. 

Norwich the only team with a winnable game

4 hours ago, Sean the ginger 1 said:

Everton got some very hard games. We're only 4 behind Everton. Burnley been beaten by shambles this season though. Defence compared to some been okay. We miss Ben mee massively 

Time will tell we looked shocking yesterday though 

Yeah I would agree with that, him and Tarkowski work well together.

How much of a useless lump is that Wieghorst though? Honestly, absolute carthorse and I'm speaking passionately as a guy who definitely did bring him into his fantasy football team 4 games a go only to see him do fuck all.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

How much of a useless lump is that Wieghorst though? Honestly, absolute carthorse and I'm speaking passionately as a guy who definitely did bring him into his fantasy football team 4 games a go only to see him do fuck all.

He started off okay but since the first 3 or 4 games nothing. Work rate has stopped and never looks like scoring. Exactly the same with cornet 

When you have a midfield with 3 goals and six assists between them 2 that doesn't help 

11 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Weghorst isn't the same player he was last season.  Scored something like 15-18 goals for Wolfsburg if I recall and was always a threat in the box.  It's almost like he's lost a step or something this season.  Was largely invisible on the pitch in the Bundesliga and wasn't exactly lighting it up when Burnley went it for him so I'd say Wolfsburg won that transfer deal.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Sean the ginger 1 said:

He started off okay but since the first 3 or 4 games nothing. Work rate has stopped and never looks like scoring. Exactly the same with cornet 

When you have a midfield with 3 goals and six assists between them 2 that doesn't help 

Just seen Cornet's miss from the weekend as well. What is he thinking?!

3 minutes ago, Coma said:

Weghorst isn't the same player he was last season.  Scored something like 15-18 goals for Wolfsburg if I recall and was always a threat in the box.  It's almost like he's lost a step or something this season.  Was largely invisible on the pitch in the Bundesliga and wasn't exactly lighting it up when Burnley went it for him so I'd say Wolfsburg won that transfer deal.

I guess the only thing you could say is a team like Wolsburg will alwaya create more chances for him but still, I don't think he puts himself about much.

With his height and physicality, he should be making himself a nightmare to play against but it wouldn't surprise me if he's chased the pound signs and is already thinking he'll leave if Burnley go down.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I guess the only thing you could say is a team like Wolsburg will alwaya create more chances for him but still, I don't think he puts himself about much.

With his height and physicality, he should be making himself a nightmare to play against but it wouldn't surprise me if he's chased the pound signs and is already thinking he'll leave if Burnley go down.

That's absolutely what's happened.  I agree that his opportunities to score are probably limited in Burnley's setup compared to Wolfsburg but he really should be thriving on crosses and hold up play.  No way he sticks around if they go down.

Archived