talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Relegation Battle 2022

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Stan said:

2-1 win confirmed for them. Last minute goal. Standard. 

We've still got Watford away (7 points at home all season, 10 straight home losses) and Everton at home (6 points away all season, 7 straight away losses) which is a bit ominous because there's no way we'll turn that into 6 points.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fucking Burnley.

They are that irritating prick on the whatsapp group that posts the shit gifs and forwards the unfunny videos that no one responds to.

You just want to kick them out but you can't as you're not the group admin. Sigh...

• Administrator
Just now, Lucas said:

They are that irritating prick on the whatsapp group that posts the shit gufs and forwards the unfunny videos that no one responds to.

That's @Batard in our staff group :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Leeds back in it now. Two points between them in 16th and Everton in 18th, of which Everton have a game in hand.

It's Leeds I'm watching, not Burnley.

• Subscriber
On 03/04/2022 at 19:54, RandoEFC said:

Liverpool and Arsenal are write offs, probably Leicester away as well. But we are so poor on the road that we have to look at Man Utd and Chelsea at home as games where we can get something. Man Utd are almost as soft-centred as us and Chelsea seem to be all over the shop. I fancy us in those three home games more than I do going to the likes of Burnley and Watford, which is still not very much.

Sometimes people know a thing or two about their own clubs hey? 😉

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

I've said for weeks there's always twists towards the end. Results when you don't expect it. 

Good win for Everton fair play. Pickford pulled off some fine saves 

You boys still got Watford and Leicester to play too.. 

.. 👍 

We're not much of a threat to be honest xD

29 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Right now the pendulum is starting to swing towards Leeds. Getting juicy.

It feels like we're gone.

Injuries accumulating again, fixtures look unfavourable, goal difference is horrendous but more importantly, Burnley have somehow found form from nowhere and Everton are finding that way to shithouse wins at home.

Newcastle, Man Utd, Chelsea. I don't think they did enough to win any of those on reflection and it feels like maybe the rub of the green is going their way at home but it's not about that really, they are taking their chance and managing to see it out.

Credit where its due, they are keeping clean sheets and that gives you half a chance whether you create much or you don't.

If we go down, technically we'll have deserved it based on that goal difference but it does feel exceptionally harsh with what we have had to battle. We are going to need to find an upset from somewhere and absolutely pray some results turn in our favour.

Can't see it though.

• Subscriber
On 26/04/2022 at 18:32, Dan said:

I just think when desperation comes into it things can change. There's not loads in the form to suggest Everton will get 11 more points but there was also nothing to suggest Burnley would go and get 7 points in 3 games. It can happen. From my own experience teams with nothing to play for are your best opposition. I remember it quite well in our own great escape, our run in was lovely.

Brentford at home is a fixture they won 4-1 in the cup. It isn't unreasonable to think they'll win that game.

We lost to Spurs although you are right that we've picked up at home. Albeit I still don't think we're playing brilliantly. If we play as disinterested as we did against Villa, Everton can get something here.

Watford away is the easiest fixture in the division.

I've been kind to them. They could easily totally flunk it but their run in is the best of the three for me.

One game in and Everton are actually overperforming my prediction. I'm standing by what I said - they're going to survive. Their home form, and a trip to the most disgracefully bad home side I've ever seen will keep them up. They have a very good run in.

Leeds are going to have to really pull something out of the bag now. They've become the bookies favourites today.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Sometimes people know a thing or two about their own clubs hey? 😉

Leicester away isn't a write off at all. Anything but. We're wank in the league.

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

Injuries accumulating again, fixtures look unfavourable, goal difference is horrendous but more importantly, Burnley have somehow found form from nowhere and Everton are finding that way to shithouse wins at home.

Newcastle, Man Utd, Chelsea. I don't think they did enough to win any of those on reflection and it feels like maybe the rub of the green is going their way at home but it's not about that really, they are taking their chance and managing to see it out.

Credit where its due, they are keeping clean sheets and that gives you half a chance whether you create much or you don't.

If we go down, technically we'll have deserved it based on that goal difference but it does feel exceptionally harsh with what we have had to battle. We are going to need to find an upset from somewhere and absolutely pray some results turn in our favour.

Can't see it though.

This party isn't over yet somebody will lose and others will pick up wins nobody is expecting 

Our players clearly stopped putting it in for dyche. Now they've been banging on about freedom at least 5 of 6 of our players said that 

Against Watford at the weekend game could of been over before we scored. We was utter shit first half. 

It's mental that dyche won 4 games in 30. 

Jackson has won 3 games out of 4.. 

10 hours ago, Lucas said:

Can't see it though.

I think the pendulum is going to swing a couple times more yet. Including back to Burnley at some point.

11 hours ago, Lucas said:

Can't see it though.

If you're going to do it, can you do it against Arsenal please? It would really help a lot.

Thanks.

But seriously, I think there are many twists and turns to come. On paper, Leeds go down but football is not played on paper. 

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Man United will be hoping leeds go down,  so they can hijack Phillips on the cheaper side.   The expectation that the championship halves value would making him a get for 20-30m 

Not a chance will Leeds let go that cheap 

4 hours ago, Claret and Blue said:

Not a chance will Leeds let go that cheap 

I don't think it will be a choice,  the financials of the football league are dire even in the championship it is less than a third of the revenue of the Premiership.    I don't think Phillips will want to stay and will strong arm his way out.   He will have no shortage of suitors from Man United, Liverpool, Newcastle and you can probably find a team like West Ham and Spurs involved if say Rice and Hojbjerg are moved. 

• Administrator

Norwich confirmed down.

Burnley and Everton pick up much-needed valuable wins. Leeds miss the chance to join that group. Watford are all but down after the late loss to Burnley.

image.png

Next Games:
Burnley vs Aston Villa
Crystal Palace vs Watford
Arsenal vs Leeds
Leicester vs Everton

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

It seems written in the stars that we will be the ones to ruin Roy's impeccable record of never being relegated.

I just hope the pay off he gets from Watford is worth it.

I really didn't understand why he came out of retirement for this.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Norwich confirmed down.

Burnley and Everton pick up much-needed valuable wins. Leeds miss the chance to join that group. Watford are all but down after the late loss to Burnley.

image.png

Next Games:
Burnley vs Aston Villa
Crystal Palace vs Watford
Arsenal vs Leeds
Leicester vs Everton

Everton are going to have to make Goodison a fortress,  not many teams like going their with its suffocating environment and hostile crowd.    Most teams would be happy for everton to drop down just to avoid an awkward trip to Goodison.    Burnley have some momentum going at the right time of the season,  while Leeds just got fixtured,  a week ago Leeds looked safe.

Archived