talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Relegation Battle 2022

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

smells like a Burnley vs Leeds fight.   I think Everton will find a way to just about survive, good luck to them next season

I hope Everton will take points from Arsenal.

18 hours ago, Lucas said:

No, no I didn't...

You said after the Palace game this

And my response was this...

I haven't disagreed at all. The difference is the performances are masked when you get results like we did v Norwich, Wolves and Watford.

What I was highlighting to you in another post in great depth regarding that Palace game was why we look so different. 

You said we were scared. We actually don't have a clue adjusting to the new shape and I explained why. No different to now. You cannot reinvent the wheel when these players are as incredibly well drilled in what they already knew.

The difference also then was we came off the back of two clean sheets and there was the blind hope we'd be difficult to break down and scrap for a point or two against City, Arsenal and Chelsea.

What I didn't forsee was losing Cooper to injury, and playing two games down in 4 mins and a man down after 20.

Although you shipped goals under the other guy the players seemed happier under him than this yank who sounds fucking clueless. 

Either way I hope you or Everton go and I'm sure you boys will feel the same. Both got decent fans away from home and id rather others go but it's down to us 3.. 

Tbh probably me and you lot think Everton get out 

4 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

We play Arsenal on monday at SJP.   Trippier and Wilson had an additional week to gain fitness and it is a good opportunity to beat Arsenal. 

Time was this season that you were down there and I'm sure you were worried. What do you hope for next season?

Yes, I've known Newcastle have some interesting results against Arsenal but the trouble is you're both up and down in form so a difficult one to predict.

I just hope you take the lead. You only lost by one goal to high flying Liverpool so you should draw or beat Arsenal.

1 hour ago, Chickasaw said:

Time was this season that you were down there and I'm sure you were worried. What do you hope for next season?

Yes, I've known Newcastle have some interesting results against Arsenal but the trouble is you're both up and down in form so a difficult one to predict.

I just hope you take the lead. You only lost by one goal to high flying Liverpool so you should draw or beat Arsenal.

we won 5 prior to Liverpool and City, and we are 3rd on the form table since 2022.

the future is exciting, links to Arnaut Danjuma who played played for Howe before, maybe to replace ASM, Darwin Nunez and DCL have been touted along with Mitchell Bakker and Aaron Hickey.    

for our DM need, Ibrahim Sangare is the most likely though Hojbjerg was mentioned.

we also have gotten approval to build a state of the art training centre which has 6 fields, indoor facility, gym and academy school for U18s, there will also be a stadium built for the youth teams and woman's team.

SJP will be expanded to 66000 by 2025

• Subscriber

I might be delusional from the outside but while Marsch isn't really amazing I'm convinced it'd be virtually over already if Bielsa was in charge. 

5 hours ago, Dan said:

I might be delusional from the outside but while Marsch isn't really amazing I'm convinced it'd be virtually over already if Bielsa was in charge. 

Nah. You’d just have thousands going on about how great he is, it’s the players fault and he’d have probably won a few manager of the month awards because although the team got dicked, they ran around. A lot.

• Subscriber

Sunday was devastating but the performances against Man Utd, Chelsea and Leicester have still been worth it to put us in the strongest position of the three going into the final week.

Putting things into perspective, there are five games left, and we need four out of those five to go against us for us to end up relegated. That's us failing to get a result against both Palace and Arsenal, and Leeds to win at Brentford, and Burnley to get at least one result from their last two games. All of those things are conceivable individually but remain a long shot as a combination. It's Everton, though, and any risk is too much risk.

55 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

hopefully Burnley are not expecting favours, they are going to have to earn it.

I think Burnley are the most likely to get a favor tbh. WTF do you have to play for? Burnley will be home in front of a crowd right up for it. 

We might be on the beach for our Burnley game but I'd expect not. Top 10 might be up for grabs.

It's probably asking too much but I hope our fans that go down there have some humility towards Burnley fans. Going down chants are par for the course but hopefully that's as far as it stretches.

We have our own scars it would be a shame if the abused became the abuser.

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I think Burnley are the most likely to get a favor tbh. WTF do you have to play for? Burnley will be home in front of a crowd right up for it. 

we have a shot at s top 10 finish and each place up counts towards revenue.   

rolling over is rather disrespectful

36 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

we have a shot at s top 10 finish and each place up counts towards revenue.   

rolling over is rather disrespectful

No one cares and no one cares. The extra couple of mil the club gets for finishing 12th instead of 13th doesn't go to the players and who cares about top 10? 

They'll probably be 1 foot out the door, away to a hostile hungry home team and home crowd. 

5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

No one cares and no one cares. The extra couple of mil the club gets for finishing 12th instead of 13th doesn't go to the players and who cares about top 10? 

They'll probably be 1 foot out the door, away to a hostile hungry home team and home crowd. 

I wouldn't have handpicked Newcastle for Burnley's last game however, it could have been worse.

What gives me hope is that's potentially the last game some players might play in a Newcastle shirt before bigger signings come in during the summer so they might have something to prove.

Then again, they may just lose 80% of the 50/50's and think 'Fuck this shit'. Hopefully it's the former.

6 hours ago, Lucas said:

I wouldn't have handpicked Newcastle for Burnley's last game however, it could have been worse.

What gives me hope is that's potentially the last game some players might play in a Newcastle shirt before bigger signings come in during the summer so they might have something to prove.

Then again, they may just lose 80% of the 50/50's and think 'Fuck this shit'. Hopefully it's the former.

it will be disrespectful to the fans, disrespectful to Everton and Leeds to just roll over.   in many ways it will also be disrespectful to Burnley to give them a free pass. 

if you want to be in the premiership, you have to earn it.

I can see the point that a few of our guys will be auditioning, Matt Targett is not confirmed yet, Longstaff elected free agency, Almiron and Lascelles could be looking for a new club and maybe even St Maximim is auditioning given our links to Raphinia, Danjuma and Paqueta.  

from a fan perspective if we lose it must be because Burnley earned it, losing on purpose would end a remarkable turnaround on a dour note.

Mike Ashley's secret accounts finally got released and we posted a net 2 year covid impact of 40.5m.   The FA is now scrutinizing Everton's alleged 170m claim.   If it is found that Everton's 170m claim is misrepresented,  they could have another substantial amount added to their FFP deficit. 

It may also give rise to Burnley and Leeds filing for Everton to be docked 5 points because these violations took place prior to this seasons start.   their may yet be drama. 

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I can't imagine Newcastle will down tool to be honest. A lot of the players will see it as an opportunity to show they can play a part in Newcastle's aspirations to breach the top eight next season.

It is still technically a try out or audition,  those using it as a casual will casually find themselves at another club. 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Mike Ashley's secret accounts finally got released and we posted a net 2 year covid impact of 40.5m.   The FA is now scrutinizing Everton's alleged 170m claim.   If it is found that Everton's 170m claim is misrepresented,  they could have another substantial amount added to their FFP deficit. 

It may also give rise to Burnley and Leeds filing for Everton to be docked 5 points because these violations took place prior to this seasons start.   their may yet be drama. 

A source would be nice?

Archived