talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Relegation Battle 2022

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Everton have worked closely with the Premier League at all times to ensure that they've complied with the rules

Yeah the thread mentions that and does a good job of explaining a complex situation. 

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I read that thread earlier. I've just skimmed through this from theesk who is a shareholder at Everton and used to do a podcast on Everton's marketing and finances.

The whole thing is very dry, there's a lot of numbers and it's all very speculative. But it vaguely makes sense to me (I think).

I don't know about the finances, none of us do, but if there was any risk of us getting done for it then I'd be amazed if we'd spent the transfer fees on Mykolenko and Patterson that we did in January instead of just putting the fees we got for Rodriguez in October and Digne in January straight into the coffers to balance the books. Surely even we aren't that unprofessional.

A conversation must have gone on between the club and the league at some point with the accounts looking the way they do. Everton spent £2m last summer and sold to buy in January. It would therefore seem a bit bonkers for us to get sanctioned for it this season if we didn't get sanctioned the season before.

But I'm only speculating. We'll see what happens but I think this is nothing more than Leeds and Burnley rolling the dice and any club probably would do the same in their circumstances.

• Subscriber

If anyone wants to read more, I'd recommend finding theesk on Twitter and reading his Tweets and Replies.

You shouldn't though, because it's boring, it feels like homework.

But I understand that some of you aren't yet ready to accept that Everton avoided relegation and are working your way through the seven stages of grief so knock yourselves out 😉.

11 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Not sure. All the well-informed Everton insiders are laughing it off though so I'm sitting comfortably.

Sure we'll find out in time us and leeds looking for any excuse. If we go down it's got fuck all to do with Everton and whether they are dodgy bastards or not. 

It's simply down to not being good enough 

Why don't I feel nervous 😂.

Arse will probably fall right out soon as the game kicks off.. 

1 things for sure Newcastle ain't going to do us any favours. We need to get on the front foot as much as possible. Please don't start Barnes the big useless donkey either. Probably get sent off. 

For that matter weghorst either. 

6 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

it's full of drama though.

Burnley hold the edge as they only need to mirror Leeds.   Goal difference is weighted heavily for Burnley

Newcastle aren't coming to roll up wood and Eddie Howe be right up for it. 

Trippier too if he plays.. 

Wood will 💯 % give Burnley fans shit it he scores. Personally I don't care about ex players celebrating against us they aren't fans of the club or owe us anything once they leave. 

21 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

Newcastle aren't coming to roll up wood and Eddie Howe be right up for it. 

Trippier too if he plays.. 

Wood will 💯 % give Burnley fans shit it he scores. Personally I don't care about ex players celebrating against us they aren't fans of the club or owe us anything once they leave. 

Wood is injured though and Trippier is still working back to match fitness,  it may be harsh on Emile Krafth who is another player Howe has turned around. 

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Wood is injured though and Trippier is still working back to match fitness,  it may be harsh on Emile Krafth who is another player Howe has turned around. 

Wood on bench. Trippier starting 

5 at back for us. Shit negative dangerous tactic that 

8 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

Wood on bench. Trippier starting 

5 at back for us. Shit negative dangerous tactic that 

5 at the back is rather negative,  especially if you go behind,  then you end up needing to make changes.   It may become popular with the 5 subs rules but with 3 it puts you behind the 8 ball if you go behind. 

3 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

5 at the back is rather negative,  especially if you go behind,  then you end up needing to make changes.   It may become popular with the 5 subs rules but with 3 it puts you behind the 8 ball if you go behind. 

Yeh it's shit the players get in the way of each other. Five at back isn't good enough. 

Should of gone 442. Or 433. 

We'll see come 90 minutes.. 

Was pope who got us point at villa. 

Not 5 at back 

• Subscriber
On 26/04/2022 at 04:42, Dan said:

Just done a predictor...

image.png

Put Man City to win every game, Liverpool to win every game, Watford to lose every game, Norwich to lose every game (actually tempted to start backing this every week). That Burnley double header against Villa is vital, I put them to draw both and that'd do them I think.

Everton's run in really isn't that bad. Brentford, Palace, Watford and Leicester are all winnable games for them. I put them to win the first three and draw at Leicester.

I've little doubt this looks utterly silly in a month.

I'll take that.

Archived