• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Relegation Battle 2022

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

Back at Burnley? Anybody who thinks that has taken far too much smack and acid at the same time 

Everton ffs. 

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

Dyche to Everton. They wouldn't want him they only play pure football. He's anti football 🤷🏻‍♀️ I couldn't be arsed reading the last 20 posts. 

Dyche to Everton I've got more chance or flying to the moon 

38 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

Plus when we pay dyche 15m for sacking him he'll have more money then them so whys he gonna go there 

You act like a sacked manager has never gone to another club despite having a pay-off...

• Administrator
Just now, Claret and Blue said:

I'm not acting like anything. He won't go Everton and their dick head fans won't want him. Just like they didn't want the fat prick rafa. You'll see 

Right, but that's totally different to the original point you were making about ££££. 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

my predictor has burnley on 36-38 points and everton on 31-33. No idea how you got them to 40? You think they just win every game from now? xD

Put them to draw Chelsea and Leicester, beat Brentford, Palace and Watford, and lose to Arsenal. Generous yes but their run in really isn't bad. It's a load of sides with nothing to play for.

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Dan said:

Put them to draw Chelsea and Leicester, beat Brentford, Palace and Watford, and lose to Arsenal. Generous yes but their run in really isn't bad. It's a load of sides with nothing to play for.

Chelsea, Leicester, Brentford and Arsenal are the difficult games.

We're not great right now but somehow unbeaten at home in all comps since November.

Palace at home and Watford away are the most winnable in my opinion. 

I can't see how they only lose 1 more game from here on in. Arsenal on the final day could have huge ramifications at both ends of the table, could be quite spicy given Arsenal's top 4 hopes and Everton's survival hopes...

Leeds next 3 matches are a nightmare.  Man City at home, Arsenal away, Chelsea at home.  Realistically they could get nothing from those.  The 5-point cushion over Everton could be gone by the middle of May.

That new Leeds manager has made them harder to break down at the back but he's taking a lot of their attacking threat away. 

The players looked scared to go over halfway most of the time. 

They've missed Bamford big-time. To me he needs to let them get on the front foot more and have a proper go.. 

Playing villa twice in space of 2 weeks could be the difference between dropping and stopping up. 

Not really been impressed with them this season 

If we perform we can do them 

2 hours ago, Claret and Blue said:

I'm not acting like anything. He won't go Everton and their dick head fans won't want him. Just like they didn't want the fat prick rafa. You'll see 

Reminds me of Allardyce going to West Ham, remember that?

3 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Reminds me of Allardyce going to West Ham, remember that?

When he took them up in the play offs? He's another dinosaur linked with Burnley. I'd rather give it to somebody who's got something to prove.. Jackson keeps getting results they might offer it to him. 

Super Frank will probably stop on at Everton even if they drop. 

Wouldn't surprise me to see Dyche back at Watford 

38 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

That new Leeds manager has made them harder to break down at the back but he's taking a lot of their attacking threat away. 

The players looked scared to go over halfway most of the time. 

They've missed Bamford big-time. To me he needs to let them get on the front foot more and have a proper go.. 

Playing villa twice in space of 2 weeks could be the difference between dropping and stopping up. 

Not really been impressed with them this season 

If we perform we can do them 

They weren't scared at all, the problem is you have a nucleus of players who are having to change the way they have been used to playing in a short space of time and it's pretty much a learn as we go procedure. There was a lot of confusion last night as to who was supposed to be where.

Phillips has played the last 3 and half years under Bielsa as a one, last night was his first start playing as a two and even he admitted he needs to adapt and get used to it. He couldn't dictate and have the effect we'd have liked him to on the game for example.

We need to get used to the new shape and way of playing. The game pretty much passed Rodrigo by last night and Raphinha and Harrison had little effect. Even Klich was taken off at half time because he complained about not receiving the ball from defence to drive forward, it went too long and thats why we were so inaffective. Marsch stated all this post game but chose to reflect on the positive of a point from a poor performance.

No different to some of the others that had it drummed into them to go man to man on the opposition and suddenly its all change. It doesn't stop old habits creeping in at times.

Under the circumstances, we're doing ok but as I've said numerous times recently, we cannot keep playing Dan James as a striker, it doesn't work and its not his game.

Gelhardt must start, kid is fearless.

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

They weren't scared at all, the problem is you have a nucleus of players who are having to change the way they have been used to playing in a short space of time and it's pretty much a learn as we go procedure.

Phillips has played the last 3 and half years under Bielsa as a one, last night was his first start playing as a two and even he admitted he needs to adapt and get used to it. He couldn't dictate and have the effect we'd have liked him to on the game.

No different to some of the others that had it drummed into them to go man to man on the opposition and suddenly its all change. It doesn't stop old habits creeping in at times.

Under the circumstances, we're doing ok but as I've said numerous times recently, we cannot keep playing Dan James as a striker, it doesn't work and its not his game.

Gelhardt must start, kid is fearless.

Looks nothing like the Leeds side who played us twice this season that's for sure off what I've watched you obviously know more about it than me.. Still think you boys will be okay reckon it's us or Everton. 

7 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

Looks nothing like the Leeds side who played us twice this season that's for sure off what I've watched you obviously know more about it than me.. Still think you boys will be okay reckon it's us or Everton. 

To be fair it wouldn't be, we're not playing the way we did under Marcelo where we continuously played the same way against any opponent.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not enjoying this at all at the moment but I also recognise it's simply about staying up at this point and then judging Marsch next season under a clean slate.

We have three big games coming that we're expected to get nothing from. I do fear after those three we will be in quite an unbearable position but there's a lot of twists yet and results that won't go to plan on paper. We'll see what happens. 

5 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

If they do go down I can see Dyche getting the job to bounce back.

I think he's a Liverpool fan so he might not be up for that. But money does talk.

However, I think he's probably got a chance of getting the first premier league job availability that pops up... so he's probably better served taking a job like that imo.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

To be fair it wouldn't be, we're not playing the way we did under Marcelo where we continuously played the same way against any opponent.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not enjoying this at all at the moment but I also recognise it's simply about staying up at this point and then judging Marsch next season under a clean slate.

We have three big games coming that we're expected to get nothing from. I do fear after those three we will be in quite an unbearable position but there's a lot of twists yet and results that won't go to plan on paper. We'll see what happens. 

In terms of an attacking threat if it was me on them shoes I'd have the ex managers style over the American fella.. 

It's gonna be who holds their bottle the best.. Reckon 1 win will do it for you lot and a draw.. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Chelsea, Leicester, Brentford and Arsenal are the difficult games.

We're not great right now but somehow unbeaten at home in all comps since November.

Palace at home and Watford away are the most winnable in my opinion. 

I can't see how they only lose 1 more game from here on in. Arsenal on the final day could have huge ramifications at both ends of the table, could be quite spicy given Arsenal's top 4 hopes and Everton's survival hopes...

I just think when desperation comes into it things can change. There's not loads in the form to suggest Everton will get 11 more points but there was also nothing to suggest Burnley would go and get 7 points in 3 games. It can happen. From my own experience teams with nothing to play for are your best opposition. I remember it quite well in our own great escape, our run in was lovely.

Brentford at home is a fixture they won 4-1 in the cup. It isn't unreasonable to think they'll win that game.

We lost to Spurs although you are right that we've picked up at home. Albeit I still don't think we're playing brilliantly. If we play as disinterested as we did against Villa, Everton can get something here.

Watford away is the easiest fixture in the division.

I've been kind to them. They could easily totally flunk it but their run in is the best of the three for me.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Coma said:

Leeds next 3 matches are a nightmare.  Man City at home, Arsenal away, Chelsea at home.  Realistically they could get nothing from those.  The 5-point cushion over Everton could be gone by the middle of May.

Yep, the difference as well with Leeds going to Arsenal and Everton going there is that Arsenal still have everything to play for going into that game. Arsenal may be 4 clear of 5th place by the final day which takes some of the edge away for them.

Leeds definitely get overlooked in this more than they should be.

Archived