talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Relegation Battle 2022

2 hours ago, Stan said:

I'd like to think if Tielemans goes (more a when, not an if) then Maddison won't go. In fact I'm quite confident Maddison stays.

Perez should go. Not been of much use to us apart from the odd good performance.

Soyuncu will be another that leaves which we could get a reasonable amount for. He and Tielemans are pretty much certain to go really. 

Can just look to build a new younger core,  trying to find the next Riyaad Mahrez. 

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Now it all boils down to the final 2 weeks! Watford successfully (?) joined Norwich in heading down to the Championship. Everton have picked up form at just the right time - following up victory over Chelsea with an away win over Leicester. They and Burnley's game in hand over Leeds could prove the deciding factor. Leeds' ill-discipline plays into their poor form, losing the last 3 and now occupying 18th...

image.png

Next Games:
Tottenham vs Burnley
Leeds vs Brighton
Everton vs Brentford
Everton vs Crystal Palace
Aston Villa vs Burnley

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Wednesday's results mean that Leeds cannot mathematically pass us,   meaning that we are the first club to be winless in 14 and bottom in December to survive.   

Looking forward to next season to see how Newcastle get on and I hope 'Steady Eddie' has them doing well, I loved the days when Newcastle was always near the top years gone by with the likes of Shearer popping them in, you Geordie fans deserve some success as you always pack out St James Park. 

• Subscriber

As much as last night was a missed opportunity to put ourselves 4 points clear, if we'd had gone and got more shite draws away from home this season, we'd have been safe. We've won more than Burnley and Leeds but lost more as well. Drawing at the likes of Burnley, Brentford when they were in shit form, Norwich, we should have got at least a point from West Ham as well, it all adds up.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Like I said xD.

Yeh Watford did okay. Still think you'll he fine. Can't see us or Leeds winning another game to be honest 

Imagine if trippier crosses for Chris Wood to send us down last game of the season 😢 

I've said that for months. 

If that happens I'm not watching football anymore 🤣

Tbh my boys got lucky that there was 3 shit teams last season. Otherwise we'd have dropped then 

• Subscriber

I think Burnley will get nothing at Spurs. Villa away there could be something but they seem to have had an upturn in form. If they go into Newcastle at home on the last day needing a win, I think they'll get it. Leeds-Brighton is big. Leeds have to win that one really and it's a winnable fixture. I think they have every chance of getting a result at Brentford on the last day as well if it ends up being do or die.

One win for us against Brentford or Palace should be safety. I certainly don't want us to be going to Arsenal needing a point on the last day to seal the deal.

Mathematically, if we better Leeds' result on Sunday, we're safe barring a 20-0 win for Leeds on the last day.

I think Burnley will get nothing at Spurs. Villa away there could be something but they seem to have had an upturn in form. If they go into Newcastle at home on the last day needing a win, I think they'll get it. Leeds-Brighton is big. Leeds have to win that one really and it's a winnable fixture. I think they have every chance of getting a result at Brentford on the last day as well if it ends up being do or die.

One win for us against Brentford or Palace should be safety. I certainly don't want us to be going to Arsenal needing a point on the last day to seal the deal.

Mathematically, if we better Leeds' result on Sunday, we're safe barring a 20-0 win for Leeds on the last day.

If i was a Brentford player im not sure I'd be putting in an extra 10% effort to help Leeds this weekend.

• Subscriber

It surprises me how quickly teams get written off in this. Leeds aren't down by any stretch. It's not like they're playing world beaters in their last two.

5 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Looking forward to next season to see how Newcastle get on and I hope 'Steady Eddie' has them doing well, I loved the days when Newcastle was always near the top years gone by with the likes of Shearer popping them in, you Geordie fans deserve some success as you always pack out St James Park. 

It looks like there is a plan,  the club tried to sign ibrahim sangare on deadline day and look to get that deal done ASAP for around 20m pounds which is a good piece of business.    Bruno is also acting as a ambassador to try get his close friend Paqueta to join.

Off the field plans are granted to build a new training facility and secondary stadium for the U19, U23 and Womans team to play at,  there are multiple training fields and an indoor training field as well as an entertainment and relaxation centre.    In the clubs partition to the Newcastle town counsel,  the facilities were not improved since Ashley took over and the standard was regarded as lower championship, League 1 level.   

The last bit of news is SJP upgraded to 66000

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dan said:

It surprises me how quickly teams get written off in this. Leeds aren't down by any stretch. It's not like they're playing world beaters in their last two.

The amount of "that's them finished" and "see you later Club X" I've seen this season has been absurd. Maybe I've just seen it more as we've been involved but like I said earlier in the thread, Newcastle, Burnley, Everton and Leeds have all been "down" at some point this season. People just need to be the first ones to call it so they can say I told you so later on.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Brighton have ran into form, Brentford would like to send us down. For me, two tricky games although granted, not like the three we just had.

Honestly, cannot see where a win comes from. The team is totally devoid of confidence. Everythibg that was good about us going forward had evaporated.

We've gone from creating 12-15 opportunities a game with Bielsa to 3 or 4 with Marsch. We don't look like scoring and the players haven't been able to adapt to what they have been well coached in previously. This is not the same Leeds anymore and the performances have left our fans anyway with little faith we'll escape this situation.

On top of that we are losing players to injury again and now suspensions through our own fault and frustration, which is only killing us further. 

I cannot see us getting another win. We look beaten in body language and demeaner. If we stay up, it'll be because Burnley maybe manage 1pt in their last three and we scrape two draws. 

Confidence is shot. When we play Brighton Sunday, we need a big piece of luck to get us going, like a deflected goal for us or maybe a Brighton red card. It feels like it needs that kind of thing to happen now.

44 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Brighton have ran into form, Brentford would like to send us down. For me, two tricky games although granted, not like the three we just had.

Honestly, cannot see where a win comes from. The team is totally devoid of confidence. Everythibg that was good about us going forward had evaporated.

We've gone from creating 12-15 opportunities a game with Bielsa to 3 or 4 with Marsch. We don't look like scoring and the players haven't been able to adapt to what they have been well coached in previously. This is not the same Leeds anymore and the performances have left our fans anyway with little faith we'll escape this situation.

On top of that we are losing players to injury again and now suspensions through our own fault and frustration, which is only killing us further. 

I cannot see us getting another win. We look beaten in body language and demeaner. If we stay up, it'll be because Burnley maybe manage 1pt in their last three and we scrape two draws. 

Confidence is shot. When we play Brighton Sunday, we need a big piece of luck to get us going, like a deflected goal for us or maybe a Brighton red card. It feels like it needs that kind of thing to happen now.

I said other week you don't look anywhere near the same going forward under the new guy and you disagreed 😂 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

The amount of "that's them finished" and "see you later Club X" I've seen this season has been absurd. Maybe I've just seen it more as we've been involved but like I said earlier in the thread, Newcastle, Burnley, Everton and Leeds have all been "down" at some point this season. People just need to be the first ones to call it so they can say I told you so later on.

Happens every season I reckon.

It happens most seasons. 

When we were in relegation battles under Allardyce and Hodgson in his first season the narrative changed on who was finished on a weekly basis from February onwards.

5 hours ago, Claret and Blue said:

I said other week you don't look anywhere near the same going forward under the new guy and you disagreed 😂 

No, no I didn't...

You said after the Palace game this

On 26/04/2022 at 17:20, Claret and Blue said:

That new Leeds manager has made them harder to break down at the back but he's taking a lot of their attacking threat away. 

The players looked scared to go over halfway most of the time. 

They've missed Bamford big-time. To me he needs to let them get on the front foot more and have a proper go.. 

Playing villa twice in space of 2 weeks could be the difference between dropping and stopping up. 

Not really been impressed with them this season 

If we perform we can do them 

On 26/04/2022 at 17:58, Claret and Blue said:

Looks nothing like the Leeds side who played us twice this season that's for sure off what I've watched you obviously know more about it than me.. Still think you boys will be okay reckon it's us or Everton. 

And my response was this...

On 26/04/2022 at 18:06, Lucas said:

To be fair it wouldn't be, we're not playing the way we did under Marcelo where we continuously played the same way against any opponent.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not enjoying this at all at the moment but I also recognise it's simply about staying up at this point and then judging Marsch next season under a clean slate.

We have three big games coming that we're expected to get nothing from. I do fear after those three we will be in quite an unbearable position but there's a lot of twists yet and results that won't go to plan on paper. We'll see what happens. 

I haven't disagreed at all. The difference is the performances are masked when you get results like we did v Norwich, Wolves and Watford.

What I was highlighting to you in another post in great depth regarding that Palace game was why we look so different. 

You said we were scared. We actually don't have a clue adjusting to the new shape and I explained why. No different to now. You cannot reinvent the wheel when these players are as incredibly well drilled in what they already knew.

The difference also then was we came off the back of two clean sheets and there was the blind hope we'd be difficult to break down and scrap for a point or two against City, Arsenal and Chelsea.

What I didn't forsee was losing Cooper to injury, and playing two games down in 4 mins and a man down after 20.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

i predict three teams will be relegated, two are Norwich and Watford and the third cannot be Newcastle.  Everyone under us are still in danger

Southampton are fine. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

It's not beyond them to lose 9-0 twice :ph34r:.

But it's beyond Leeds to win again this season :D 

Archived