• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Azpilicueta to Barcelona?

football forum

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Barcelona have confirmed to César Azpilicueta they are prepared to wait for his final decision between Chelsea and FCB. Barça are now confident - but it’s about life, family and more. #FCB

Barcelona bid on the table: contract until June 2024 plus option for further season. pic.twitter.com/IelAWzYYXw

— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) March 1, 2022

On 15/02/2022 at 19:56, Cicero said:

In a back two? 

I actually meant to say full back 🤣.

I'm guessing he'd be used for depth since he's capable of occupying both full back positions.

Personally I wouldn't bother. I'd go in for Cucurella or Gaya and then st right back there is Dest, with Alves as back up.

Dest is slowly starting to thrive under Xavi at right back and both Alves and Alba can give one more season after this, to offer that experience and depth. 

Either way, a young centre back and left back should be priority. The midfield and attack are fine. Loads of options.

32 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I'm guessing he'd be used for depth since he's capable of occupying both full back positions.

Personally I wouldn't bother. I'd go in for Cucurella or Gaya and then st right back there is Dest, with Alves as back up.

Dest is slowly starting to thrive under Xavi at right back and both Alves and Alba can give one more season after this, to offer that experience and depth. 

Either way, a young centre back and left back should be priority. The midfield and attack are fine. Loads of options.

Lot of young players in your side. Need some experience to balance it out. 

I'd like to keep Azpilicueta for an additional year (until we activate Livramento's buy back) but those terms Barca offered are very attractive. 

Also reports you are closing to signing Christensen. 4 year deal. 

On 01/03/2022 at 17:12, Carnivore Chris said:

I agree on Azpi being signed as back up and also think Cucurella looks a decent player too.

For me Azpi has been an outstanding payer for Chelsea over the years.

16 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He's not in his prime and will likely diminish soon. Worth Chelsea re signing? Sure. Worth brining in for a team looking to restore their top tier glory? Nah. 

He is in great shape with few career injuries. He could play for four or five more years easy. It is a better transfer than Aubameyang and most of the others in the last decade.

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

He is in great shape with few career injuries. He could play for four or five more years easy. It is a better transfer than Aubameyang and most of the others in the last decade.

I can see him not shining in a less organized defense. We shall se. 

we were joking on another NUFC site about which Chelsea players we can strip in the off season.   0 they all earn over 200k and our owners are not allowing over 200k in any circumstances.  

that at least saves us from the stupid rumours that we want edin one game Hazard.   let real Madrid pay his 400k salary to be an occasional bench player

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/03/2022 at 08:53, Cicero said:

Azpilicueta now staying after club has activated his one year extension option. 

Confirmed this option has been triggered. 

Just need to have the new owners sort out Rudiger's extension. 

On 30/03/2022 at 09:03, Cicero said:

Confirmed this option has been triggered. 

Just need to have the new owners sort out Rudiger's extension. 

Huge for us given the circumstances. 

🚨 César Azpilicueta's contract at Chelsea has been extended until June 2023! 🔵

(Source: @SkySportsPL) pic.twitter.com/X8CBun3JfC

— Transfer News Live (@DeadlineDayLive) March 31, 2022

• 1 month later...

What are Barcelona bloody thinking?

Barcelona are working on both Cesar Azpilicueta and Marcos Alonso. No doubts on Alonso: he’s set to leave Chelsea but Barça deal depends on final price. 🇪🇸 #FCB

Azpilicueta has a two-year deal bid on the table from Barça, waiting for a meeting with Chelsea to decide his future. pic.twitter.com/0ThYVPhkyB

— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) May 17, 2022

• 2 months later...

Archived