talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Inter Milan 0-2 Liverpool - Wednesday 16th February, 2022 (1st Leg)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think these will be tougher than their local rivals we played in the group stages - from what I've seen Inzaghi's done a pretty great job with Inter and building upon the foundation Conte left.

But there's a chance Klopp's got an actual full strength squad to pick from, which hasn't been the case for ages... and that's assuming Jota's fully recovered from his knock, which I'm sure he has because while it kept him from starting against Burnley... he did get on the pitch in the end.

If we play at our best, we can get a result out of anybody, regardless of how good they are - so I hope the players put in a top performance and we get a result at San Siro. No away goals is weird though.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think these will be tougher than their local rivals we played in the group stages - from what I've seen Inzaghi's done a pretty great job with Inter and building upon the foundation Conte left.

But there's a chance Klopp's got an actual full strength squad to pick from, which hasn't been the case for ages... and that's assuming Jota's fully recovered from his knock, which I'm sure he has because while it kept him from starting against Burnley... he did get on the pitch in the end.

If we play at our best, we can get a result out of anybody, regardless of how good they are - so I hope the players put in a top performance and we get a result at San Siro. No away goals is weird though.

A barber I went to recently supports Inter and reckons they're a better team this year than they were last, so will be interesting to watch and see how it pans out.

31 minutes ago, Danny said:

A barber I went to recently supports Inter and reckons they're a better team this year than they were last, so will be interesting to watch and see how it pans out.

My cab driver agrees.

Elliott becomes the youngest player ever to start a CL match at 18 years and 314 days, beating out Trent's 18 years and 354 days. Massive day for him.

Also this sort of indicates the evidence we saw at the start of the season where Klopp believes he might be a part of our strongest midfield now.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Elliott becomes the youngest player ever to start a CL match at 18 years and 314 days, beating out Trent's 18 years and 354 days. Massive day for him.

Also this sort of indicates the evidence we saw at the start of the season where Klopp believes he might be a part of our strongest midfield now.

Ever, ever, or just Liverpool?

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I assumed ever, but looking into it, just for us.

I was thinking that was way too old and I was surprised. Looks like Tielemans was barely 16 when he first started. You’d think that Messi and Ronaldo started sub 18 as well?

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I was thinking that was way too old and I was surprised. Looks like Tielemans was barely 16 when he first started. You’d think that Messi and Ronaldo started sub 18 as well?

My brain only has room to keep track of useless stats for Liverpool players anyways, so probably for the best that I don't kow.

Isn’t this good? Feels like both teams could gut each other at any moment.

Commentary is ordinary. TBH I’m sick of hearing about how ‘creative’ midfielders don’t or can’t defend. It has come up quite a few times

I'm not surprised Firmino's on at half time, but I'm a bit surprised he didn't start. I think Jota's a better goalscorer, because well... look at his record with us, he's got a great record in front of goal with us, but I think Firmino's a better fit for playing the tougher sides for some reason. He's just good at making space up front.

I think Inter are starting this half much better than we are unfortunately though.

59 minutes ago, Spike said:

Isn’t this good? Feels like both teams could gut each other at any moment.

Commentary is ordinary. TBH I’m sick of hearing about how ‘creative’ midfielders don’t or can’t defend. It has come up quite a few times

Are you watching on Paramount?

The commentary is dogshit tbh

• The title was changed to Inter Milan 0-2 Liverpool - Wednesday 16th February, 2022 (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived