talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Inter Milan 0-2 Liverpool - Wednesday 16th February, 2022 (1st Leg)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Inter Milan 0-2 Liverpool - Wednesday 16th February, 2022 (1st Leg)
21 minutes ago, Spike said:

Instead of talking about the game, why is Carragher talking shit about the other leagues? BECAUSE HE IS SKY SHILL. Murdoch whore.

bloody hell

I know I sound like a broken record and maybe I'm the only one to care about these sort of things but doesn't anyone think this is utterly bizarre and weird? We are watching a competition of  Europe's best teams and instead of talking up this competition they are actively putting down the other leagues of Europe and by association the Champions League for the benefit of hyping up the Premier League.

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

I know I sound like a broken record and maybe I'm the only one to care about these sort of things but doesn't anyone think this is utterly bizarre and weird? We are watching a competition of  Europe's best teams and instead of talking up this competition they are actively putting down the other leagues of Europe and by association the Champions League for the benefit of hyping up the Premier League.

What’s he actually said that has you all hot and bothered?

18 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't watch post match coverage usually so it never really gets me bothered.

There was a moment near the end where the BT lot were asking “can Liverpool defend like this against better opposition” which is slightly dumb because:

1 - Inter at San Siro is probably one of the toughest fixtures in Europe right now. Outwith Liverpool and Man City, who are clearly better than anyone else, Inter are IMO basically within the highest class of opposition there is out there at the moment. To think otherwise is to either underrate Inter or severely overrate the likes of PSG, Madrid and Bayern.

2 - They recently drew against City playing this way.

25 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I will genuinely be surprised if neither City or Liverpool make the final. 

Gap in quality is absurd. 

I wouldn't be that surprised, it's a tough tournament and you've got to be very good up against some of the best sides in Europe that are hungry as fuck to show they can win club football's most prestigious tournament.

On paper, you'd definitely expect City to make the final though and maybe us too... but these 2 legged ties aren't played on paper.

But this is only half time and Inter are very good, it's not like they're out of it. Especially with how even this match was.

17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

What’s he actually said that has you all hot and bothered?

Nothing too new or outrageous. Just the usual 'Premier League is miles better than the rest of the world' tripe. Just the usual, brought to you by Sky Sports (watch the fucken premier league).

It's just so sly and typical of media, it isn't even about it being right or wrong, it just feels like an advertisement astro-turfed into someone's opinion.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wouldn't be that surprised, it's a tough tournament and you've got to be very good up against some of the best sides in Europe that are hungry as fuck to show they can win club football's most prestigious tournament.

On paper, you'd definitely expect City to make the final though and maybe us too... but these 2 legged ties aren't played on paper.

But this is only half time and Inter are very good, it's not like they're out of it. Especially with how even this match was.

Preaching to the choir mate. 

"These bloody mainland teams, they just can't keep up with the pace and quality of the premier league (despite inter being the better side for a large margin of the game) which means the very best football in the world, is right here on SKY. Which you can purchase for less than 10 cups of coffee per month, brilliant isn't it Garry?"

6 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

"These bloody mainland teams, they just can't keep up with the pace and quality of the premier league (despite inter being the better side for a large margin of the game) which means the very best football in the world, is right here on SKY. Which you can purchase for less than 10 cups of coffee per month, brilliant isn't it Garry?"

'You tell 'em Jamie, probably why we beat the sods silly every world war. We pop into Europe for a bit, do our business and leave, and that's why Brexit means Brexit, Jamie.'.

• Administrator
57 minutes ago, Inverted said:

There was a moment near the end where the BT lot were asking “can Liverpool defend like this against better opposition” which is slightly dumb because:

1 - Inter at San Siro is probably one of the toughest fixtures in Europe right now. Outwith Liverpool and Man City, who are clearly better than anyone else, Inter are IMO basically within the highest class of opposition there is out there at the moment. To think otherwise is to either underrate Inter or severely overrate the likes of PSG, Madrid and Bayern.

2 - They recently drew against City playing this way.

BT Sport's arse-rimming of Liverpool is embarrassing. 

Van Dijk is great but Darren Fletcher was so far up his arse it was ridiculous. 

28 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm not sure Inter were the better side for a large margin of the game?

The first half was about as even of a contest as even contets come. Inter were the better side in the second half, up until right after the 70th minute when they did seem to look gassed compared to us - which is also when Klopp brought on more substitutes which gave us a bit more momentum against their comparatively more tired legs.

Getting worked up about the stupid things pundits say isn't worth anyone's energy though. Pundits are mostly stupid, so it's not surprising the things they say will be mostly stupid.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm not sure Inter were the better side for a large margin of the game?

The first half was about as even of a contest as even contets come. Inter were the better side in the second half, up until right after the 70th minute when they did seem to look gassed compared to us - which is also when Klopp brought on more substitutes which gave us a bit more momentum against their comparatively more tired legs.

Getting worked up about the stupid things pundits say isn't worth anyone's energy though. Pundits are mostly stupid, so it's not surprising the things they say will be mostly stupid.

I don't think you get the angle. It's a microcosm of the whole media industry, it's quite obvious they are told to say that, they create the narrative and people maybe less discerning than you or I, believe it and more or less it does become the truth people believe. It's not the content, it's the context of why they are disseminating information like this. I know it might seem silly but it was slight moment of clarity seeing through their propaganda model mainly due to how shitty Carragher is at it.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived