talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 2-0 Lille - Tuesday 22nd February, 2022 (1st Leg)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Chelsea 1-0 Lille - Tuesday 22nd February, 2022 (1st Leg)

Done well, despite Alonso's best efforts to jeapardise our lead. 

Lille's intensity and pressing have them well in it. Clearly targeting Alonso so I'd sub him off now. I'd also give one of Kante and Kovacic a few more minutes to gain control of the midfield or bring on Jorginho because we are losing the midfield battle. 

Just now, Cicero said:

I'd also give one of Kante and Kovacic a few more minutes to gain control of the midfield or bring on Jorginho because we are losing the midfield battle. 

I felt that Kante was a little off his game today then he went on that little run of his so gave him the benefit of the doubt.. but yea we are losing that fight at the moment.. 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I felt that Kante was a little off his game today then he went on that little run of his so gave him the benefit of the doubt.. but yea we are losing that fight at the moment.. 

Felt we allowed Lille back in it through a comical amount of individual errors. Ziyech, Kante, Kovacic, Alonso, and Rudiger have been poor. Need to sharpen up. 

• The title was changed to Chelsea 2-0 Lille - Tuesday 22nd February, 2022 (1st Leg)

I admire Lille as a team. Think they are brilliant off the ball, just need improvement on it. Not sure what's changed from them being French champions to being 11th in the league. 

Job done but a calamity of individual errors. Pulisic, Havertz, and Kante were superb. Those three probably the only standouts from what seemed like a sub par individual performance from most. 

On to Sunday. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived