Last EFL Cup Final - 2016 - Man City p1-1 Liverpool
Times Won - 8
Runners-Up - 4

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wonder if Bobby or Jota will be fit for this one. But if not, I wouldn't mind seeing the front 3 we saw today. Mane was great in that central role today - he's honestly been great since coming back from AFCON.

Renewed is how I see it. AFCON was actually good for him because he got the confidence boost he needed to start performing better. I liked what I saw yesterday too and if it works why tweak it. It's not like bringing either of them on (Bobby/Jota) in the second half will have any detrimental effect on the attack anyways.

On 24/02/2022 at 01:05, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wonder if Bobby or Jota will be fit for this one. But if not, I wouldn't mind seeing the front 3 we saw today. Mane was great in that central role today - he's honestly been great since coming back from AFCON.

Bobby is out, Jota 50/50 

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Only bad memories of games against these in finals (in this competition in 2005 and FA Cup in 2012). Hopefully we put that right tomorrow.

I think you will. 

You guys bang in form, Chelsea don't seem to be all 'that' these days. 

Hope you win anyway. 

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think you will. 

You guys bang in form, Chelsea don't seem to be all 'that' these days. 

Hope you win anyway. 

It's too close to call. Liverpool are the form team and I believe we're the marginally better side but that doesn't mean a great deal tomorrow. The two games between the sides this season couldn't have been closer and Chelsea have turned over the favourites in a final only last season. 

Although I was surprised to learn how poor Chelsea's recent record is in domestic cup finals.

29 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Been a while since I woke up this nervous for a game a football.

Same. I know domestic cups in this country are frowned upon but I've always said that winning trophies is what football is all about. 

I'll be gutted if we lose this I honestly will. 

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Same. I know domestic cups in this country are frowned upon but I've always said that winning trophies is what football is all about. 

I'll be gutted if we lose this I honestly will. 

Absolutely. I've been one that hasn't cared much for the domestic cups in recent years when we were all obsessed with winning the league. With that being so hard to win up against Man City though this team just needs to put a few more trophies in the cabinet. It would be a shame for them to finish with only the few they won in 2019 and 2020.

• Administrator

Never understood how any fan of any club can turn their nose up at silverware (not directed anyone here). Winning is the point of sport. Saddens me that I've seen some Leicester fans turn their nose up at the FA Cup (!!!) and would rather we qualified for CL. We'd literally never won the FA Cup and for several years recently we took it much more seriously to actually go out and win it. Its not like we were winning trophies regularly otherwise and could afford to miss out on it. 

I'd love to win the League Cup again. When I first started supporting Leicester it was a trophy we'd compete for regularly, and actually win. Love to see us lift that trophy again. 

• Administrator

Lukaku doesn't start.

Mendy; Chalobah, Thiago Silva, Rüdiger; Azpilicueta, Kanté, Kovačic, Alonso; Mount, Pulisic, Havertz.

Beginning to think that even the £80m that Man Utd spent on Maguire wasn't the worst transfer of recent seasons...

• The title was changed to EFL Cup 2021/22 FINAL - Chelsea 0-0p Liverpool - Sunday 27th February, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived