The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2021/22 FINAL - Chelsea 0-0p Liverpool - Sunday 27th February, 2022

football forum

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Barely holds him. Shite decision xD

Visibly impedes  him whilst being in an offside position mate, whether it’s a little or a lot he held onto him affecting the speed he can get to the ball whilst being stood in an offside position, nothing but an offside call xD

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Danny said:

Visibly impedes  him whilst being in an offside position mate, whether it’s a little or a lot he held onto him affecting the speed he can get to the ball whilst being stood in an offside position, nothing but an offside call xD

I don't think it's enough to warrant a foul. 

There's so much jostling and pushing around the box in every set piece which goes unpunished. 

One of those where I agree that they went looking for a reason to be honest. 

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't think it's enough to warrant a foul. 

There's so much jostling and pushing around the box in every set piece which goes unpunished. 

One of those where I agree that they went looking for a reason to be honest. 

It’s not about a foul imo. VVD is offside, he physically impedes James run, therefore he is active and causes the move to be offside. He affects the game by slowing Reece James down. If the refs given it for a foul then I’m not sure I agree with that, but VVD is offside and interferes with play by holding James back

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Danny said:

It’s not about a foul imo. VVD is offside, he physically impedes James run, therefore he is active and causes the move to be offside. He affects the game by slowing Reece James down. If the refs given it for a foul then I’m not sure I agree with that, but VVD is offside and interferes with play by holding James back

They've clearly seen the holding back/foul as interference. If they think there's no foul, then it would carry on because he's clearly not interfering in any other way. 

I don't think it is a foul, therefore no interference and the goal should have stood. 

• Subscriber

Van Dijk was certainly interfering with play by blocking off Reece James but I'm not convinced it qualifies as clear and obvious, if that's still a thing. Strange one but I can see why they disallowed it.

Not convinced by that Lukaku offside decision either. Sometimes they seem to just decide to draw the lines from an elbow or something. Still, the on field decision was offside and it wasn't clear and obvious whether he was on or off. 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

They've clearly seen the holding back/foul as interference. If they think there's no foul, then it would carry on because he's clearly not interfering in any other way. 

I don't think it is a foul, therefore no interference and the goal should have stood. 

The classification of a foul or not doesn’t decide whether it’s interfering. You can stand in front of a keeper and be interfering. VVD is interfering because he’s slowed Reece James down, and as he done that whilst standing in an offside position, the whole move is disallowed.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Danny said:

The classification of a foul or not doesn’t decide whether it’s interfering. You can stand in front of a keeper and be interfering. VVD is interfering because he’s slowed Reece James down, and as he done that whilst standing in an offside position, the whole move is disallowed.

Yes Danny. My point is that I don't think it's a 'foul' as he hasn't really infringed on James. I don't think he's slowed him down that much just cos there's minimal contact. Therefore, no interference.

• The title was changed to EFL Cup 2021/22 FINAL - Chelsea 0-0p Liverpool - Sunday 27th February, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived