talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2021/22 FINAL - Chelsea 0-0p Liverpool - Sunday 27th February, 2022

football forum

I thought going in to this we would lose by a goal though in the actual match did pretty well and had some good chances to win and some VAR decisions that not sure I agree with. 

Mendy made some very decent saves.

No problem with the Kepa switch, though today it didn't help.

Surprised to see MIlner take the first penalty and he dispatched it well.

Disappointed though have to respect Liverpool won fairly. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching all the celebration videos just reminds me how special this team is. It’s likely going to be the best team in most of our lifetimes, and I really hope they can get the silverware that they deserve. 

Go get the other three lads. 

Whilst I don't agree with those who tout penalties as a lottery, I'm personally not too critical of Kepa or those behind the decision making process in bringing him on. It's worked twice before, the staff at the club have the best data and see first hand both keepers in training, I understand it and despite what happens in the game everyone knows it's going to happen. I think we should be more critical of the chances we missed during the game, people like Pulisic and Mount missing sitters which would have changed the course of the game. Kepa deserves criticism yes but so do a lot of our forward players who missed big chances today and who for the most part have been below par all season. Kepa deserves some stick, if you're going to miss a penalty at least get it on target but yeah it's important we look at the game as a whole.

It's probably not going to do Kepa's confidence any good, who before this had quietly been impressive in recent times or even just under Tuchel in general. People forget that.

Congrats to the Liverpool lot on here.

Bahahahaha Keppa... I guess it was written in the stars. 

The games highlights are literally 80% Mount being a donkey and Kelleher fishing the ball out of his net with a flag up. 
Sad times on a personal level for poor old Salah. Winning a shite domestic cup and a shite international trophy is good enough for a balon dór. So he'll be fuming he didn't win Afcon now. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

I didn't notice it at the time ( @Danny's fault) but how does Kepa stand to that side of the goal and STILL doesn't save Van Dijk's penalty xD

I did notice this at the time and thought it was mental. Kepa trying too hard really with the mind games to justify his introduction. He wouldn't have saved this anyway I suppose but it doesn't exactly strike fear into the heart of Liverpool's remaining penalty takers. He should have had one of the later ones, I think it was Konate.

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, Rick said:

Watching all the celebration videos just reminds me how special this team is. It’s likely going to be the best team in most of our lifetimes, and I really hope they can get the silverware that they deserve. 

Go get the other three lads. 

It'll certainly be one of those teams that are talked about as one of the greatest ever.

It's a pretty special bunch. 

28 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Bahahahaha Keppa... I guess it was written in the stars. 

The games highlights are literally 80% Mount being a donkey and Kelleher fishing the ball out of his net with a flag up. 
Sad times on a personal level for poor old Salah. Winning a shite domestic cup and a shite international trophy is good enough for a balon dór. So he'll be fuming he didn't win Afcon now. 

He's been underwhelming all season really. One of my favourite Chelsea players for quite some time last season but ever since the Euros, he's been average at best, surprised his form hasn't got more coverage but then again he's English and a bit of a media darling.

Right, few take aways from last night. 

• Respect to Tuchel for dropping Lukaku. We played our best football in months.
  • Great game of football. A proper final. 
  • Rudiger deserves a blank check. What a man. 
  • Kante sadly is showing signs of decline.
  • Kepa was poor in the shootout, although the majority of blame can't be on him. (We lost both coin tosses and I knew from there we would lose.)
  • Mount's lack of end product should keep him out of the front three next season. He isn't a goal scorer and that is what we need the two wide men to be. 
  • Last night proved yet again why the team needs to be built around Havertz. Not Lukaku. 
  • In Tuchel we trust. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Eww wtf 

Very odd from Tsimikas, but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt since he’s in a moment like that. There’s no way there were people below him btw, he’s spat on empty seats. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Just seen some tweets that some Chelsea fans were singing '97, we wish it was more'. 

I mean, what the fuck. How cunty can you be? 

A segment of their fans act like despicable cunts because they are despicable cunts, a segment of their fans think it's alright to cross lines when they play us because they want us to be their rivals. Fortunately, as we don't have Swifty anymore, we're lucky as the CFC fans we've got on here are sound as fuck.

With all fanbases, it's always the loud idiots that get the negative headlines. There were 80k+ people there yesterday and society's got a lot of shit people in it, I'm not surprised there's a segment of dickheads acting like dickheads.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived