talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2021/22 FINAL - Chelsea 0-0p Liverpool - Sunday 27th February, 2022

football forum

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to EFL Cup 2021/22 FINAL - Chelsea p0-0 Liverpool - Sunday 27th February, 2022
24 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yes Danny. My point is that I don't think it's a 'foul' as he hasn't really infringed on James. I don't think he's slowed him down that much just cos there's minimal contact. Therefore, no interference.

But by saying that much means that he did slow him down a bit…which is interference. Not sure what else to say, he physically got in James’ way and interferes with the game

Proud of every single one of them. Absolutely fucking bunch of legends. Get the fuck in!!!!!! 

Those pens were just unreal from everybody….except one bellend who deserves nothing more for being an ultra cunt. 

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

But by saying that much means that he did slow him down a bit…which is interference. Not sure what else to say, he physically got in James’ way and interferes with the game

So if you're giving an infringement for that, you're effectively saying there can be no contact or marking at any set piece. Much worse goes on every single game with the amount of jostling and hassling between players. 

I don't think there was enough of a foul in what Van Dijk did. James probably wasn't even going to get to Keita anyway.

Three years ago, he refuses to be substituted, disrespects and humiliates his teammate and manager and doesn't even win that shootout.

He's bought on at the last minute to win this shootout, the keeper who played the match takes it with dignity and he doesn't save one and skies the final penalty.

Haha.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

So if you're giving an infringement for that, you're effectively saying there can be no contact or marking at any set piece. Much worse goes on every single game with the amount of jostling and hassling between players. 

I don't think there was enough of a foul in what Van Dijk did. James probably wasn't even going to get to Keita anyway.

But it being a foul or not surely doesn’t matter. You can slow a player down without fouling them, if you do that from an offside position then you have interfered with the move and made it offside.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Danny said:

But it being a foul or not surely doesn’t matter. You can slow a player down without fouling them, if you do that from an offside position then you have interfered with the move and made it offside.

Slowing a player down isn't an infringement. Or at least shouldn't be for what Van Dijk is alleged to have done. James has his hand around Van Dijk as much as Van Dijk is making contact. It's just part of the game to jostle like that. 

It being a foul does matter because that's where the 'interference' is. If its not classed as a foul, play continues. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Slowing a player down isn't an infringement. Or at least shouldn't be for what Van Dijk is alleged to have done. James has his hand around Van Dijk as much as Van Dijk is making contact. It's just part of the game to jostle like that. 

It being a foul does matter because that's where the 'interference' is. If its not classed as a foul, play continues. 

“A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• interfering with an opponent by:
  • challenging an opponent for the ball”

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

“A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• interfering with an opponent by:
  • challenging an opponent for the ball”

YES DANNY I KNOW BUT I DO NOT THINK HE INTERFERED WITH THE OPPONENT. 

I hope that's clear xD 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

YES DANNY I KNOW BUT I DO NOT THINK HE INTERFERED WITH THE OPPONENT. 

I hope that's clear xD 

But you said they were jostling. You are describing acts of interference 

Anyway let’s leave it there xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived