Granada vs Cadiz, 20.00

Wednesday 2nd March, 2022
Mallorca vs Real Sociedad, 20.00

image.png

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Auba, Adama, Ferrán, Fati, Depay, Dembélé & Luuk de Jong.

Only Fati is currently injured. 

Auba is scoring goals and looking good in his general play.

Dembélé was quality yesterday scoring a goal and getting 2 assists from the bench.

Luuk de Jong scored another header from the bench.

Depay scored from the bench after coming back from injury.

Adama is assisting alot and is a constant threat with his strength, speed and dribbling ability.

Ferrán seems to be lacking confidence in front of goal but you can see his talent and he'll soon come good. 

Xavi actually has a headache there.in who should start and who shouldn't as they all have a case.

@SirBalon

57 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Auba is scoring goals and looking good in his general play.

Dembélé was quality yesterday scoring a goal and getting 2 assists from the bench.

Luuk de Jong scored another header from the bench.

Depay scored from the bench after coming back from injury.

Adama is assisting alot and is a constant threat with his strength, speed and dribbling ability.

Ferrán seems to be lacking confidence in front of goal but you can see his talent and he'll soon come good. 

Xavi actually has a headache there.in who should start and who shouldn't as they all have a case.

@SirBalon

Dembélé was absolutely first class when he came on but Pedri was something from another planet during the whole game. Infact since he came back from that longish injury, he’s been awesome. But yesterday was pure magic against a side that is extremely good defensively this season.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Dembélé was absolutely first class when he came on but Pedri was something from another planet during the whole game. Infact since he came back from that longish injury, he’s been awesome. But yesterday was pure magic against a side that os extremely good defensively this season.

Yeah Pedri was incredible yesterday and still only 19.

He's something else.

Barça did really well to sign him as he's a special talent.

As for Dembélé, if only himself and Fati weren't so injury prone..

Frenkie de Jong has also gotten back to his best lately and Dest is playing with more confidence again. Their bad period of form was more about the depleted team, which affected them as individuals. But now that everyone is back and in good form, they are thriving.

2 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Yeah Pedri was incredible yesterday and still only 19.

He's something else.

Barça did really well to sign him as he's a special talent.

As for Dembélé, if only himself and Fati weren't so injury prone..

Frenkie de Jong has also gotten back to his best lately and Dest is playing with more confidence again. Their bad period of form was more about the depleted team, which affected them as individuals. But now that everyone is back and in good form, they are thriving.

It’s what happens when confidence is regained... you gain momentum and you believe in yourself. Everything comes off and the team have regained a certain amount of all this.

Those kids are astonishing imo but I have to say I am extremely surprised at this extreme turn of form. I was expecting over a year for this sort of football to start happening. 

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It’s what happens when confidence is regained... you gain momentum and you believe in yourself. Everything comes off and the team have regained a certain amount of all this.

Those kids are astonishing imo but I have to say I am extremely surprised at this extreme turn of form. I was expecting over a year for this sort of football to start happening. 

I was saying 2 years to be honest, but things are already progressing massively.

Unfortunately I'll miss el Clásico in 3 weeks as I'll have just arrived at Málaga airport as it kicks off at 8pm.

16 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I was saying 2 years to be honest, but things are already progressing massively.

Unfortunately I'll miss el Clásico in 3 weeks as I'll have just arrived at Málaga airport as it kicks off at 8pm.

Yeah, I thought about a year just for the football to start to take shape and then progress because 70% of the team a literally teenagers playing fo a rather big club and that slows things down due to expectations and media pressures.

But very clever signings coupled with performances a few months back which even included defeats, gave these kids a confidence that has advanced things in an unnatural manner imo.

I’m personally just keeping an eye on the Spanish press which feeds off 100% sensationalism to see how they react when the inevitable defeats come every now and then because they will happen for obvious reasons and that doesn’t mean things are suddenly going backwards or that it may all have been hype.

Enjoy your trip Chris. 😃😉

• The topic was unpinned
  • 3 weeks later...
On 01/03/2022 at 12:52, SirBalon said:

Yeah, I thought about a year just for the football to start to take shape and then progress because 70% of the team a literally teenagers playing fo a rather big club and that slows things down due to expectations and media pressures.

But very clever signings coupled with performances a few months back which even included defeats, gave these kids a confidence that has advanced things in an unnatural manner imo.

I’m personally just keeping an eye on the Spanish press which feeds off 100% sensationalism to see how they react when the inevitable defeats come every now and then because they will happen for obvious reasons and that doesn’t mean things are suddenly going backwards or that it may all have been hype.

Enjoy your trip Chris. 😃😉

For me, winning the Europa League would be massive this season and bring a winning mentality to these young lads going into next season, which looks very promising as it stands.

The signings have all paid off thus far also. People laughed at most of them, but they are all working out. It does make you wonder how much a fully fit Fati would thrive in this current side as before his injury problems, he was already becoming a little star.

I've just realised that I got mixed up with the hour difference, as I will arrive at Málaga airport at 8:05pm and this game will start at 9:00. So I should be able to reach a bar or cannabis social club by that time to watch it, or atleast the 2nd half.

5 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

For me, winning the Europa League would be massive this season and bring a winning mentality to these young lads going into next season, which looks very promising as it stands.

The signings have all paid off thus far also. People laughed at most of them, but they are all working out. It does make you wonder how much a fully fit Fati would thrive in this current side as before his injury problems, he was already becoming a little star.

I've just realised that I got mixed up with the hour difference, as I will arrive at Málaga airport at 8:05pm and this game will start at 9:00. So I should be able to reach a bar or cannabis social club by that time to watch it, or atleast the 2nd half.

Cannabis has a social club in Málaga? 😳

The issue there though would be that when Everton aren’t playing, he’d have 1970’s reruns. 🤣😶

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Cannabis has a social club in Málaga? 😳

The issue there though would be that when Everton aren’t playing, he’d have 1970’s reruns. 🤣😶

Well he's actually called Whiskey now and was saying he wanted "Barcelona to fold" not so long back on here :thumbdown:

It should be an interesting game either way as Barcelona have improved massively under Xavi. In fact, I think only Liverpool have accumulated more points since the turn of the year in Europe's big 5 leagues.

24 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Well he's actually called Whiskey now and was saying he wanted "Barcelona to fold" not so long back on here :thumbdown:

It should be an interesting game either way as Barcelona have improved massively under Xavi. In fact, I think only Liverpool have accumulated more points since the turn of the year in Europe's big 5 leagues.

Yeah, they’ve improved without a shadow of a doubt. Didn’t think Pedri (Las season’s Golden Boy Winner) would become even better in such a short spell but he has! Infact he’s added an Iniesta style dimension to his game which he’s added to his Xavi style and that’s incredible. Xavi has obviously done a lot there...

But a moment of thought should be given to Ronald Koeman because for all of his faults and whatever you like, it was him who promoted most of these kids. Xavi has added another bunch but Koeman stuck to his guns with a very young side and that needed time.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, they’ve improved without a shadow of a doubt. Didn’t think Pedri (Las season’s Golden Boy Winner) would become even better in such a short spell but he has! Infact he’s added an Iniesta style dimension to his game which he’s added to his Xavi style and that’s incredible. Xavi has obviously done a lot there...

But a moment of thought should be given to Ronald Koeman because for all of his faults and whatever you like, it was him who promoted most of these kids. Xavi has added another bunch but Koeman stuck to his guns with a very young side and that needed time.

Yeah, I've always said Koeman deserves his credit and the threats he was recieving, etc, were appalling. I don't think he was the man to take the club forward and Xavi replaced him at the right time, but he played an integral role in this team's progression.

He was also responsible for various good signings like Dest(who is now starting to show himself), Luuk de Jong(underrated squad player) and Depay.

By the way, Busquets deserves more credit. The amount of people who say he needs replacing is ridiculous. Yet he's shown that, when he's surrounded by younger players like de Jong, Pedro and Gavi, he is still immense. He was in beast mode in the 2nd half Vs Gala. Look at his last Euro too. I'd say he should rest more than in his prime, but he's still a major part of the team, however old he is now.

I know I criticise Piqué also, but he's arguably in his best form in years since Xavi's arrival. The defence has improved, albeit still making some silly errors.

Also Frenkie de Jong is right back to his best now that everyone is back from injury, there are new signings and the team is settled.

Funnily enough, there were no attacking options at all for a period and now it's hard to pick the best front 3 when everyone is available. Aubameyang, Ferrán, Dembele, Depay, Adama, Luuk de Jong and that's without mentioning Fati, who I hope to god can overcome his injury problems.

I agree with Pedri, what he's doing at 19 makes you wonder what type of career he can have. Such a joy to watch. 

Luuk de Jong stands out like a nightclub gogo dancer in a convent at Barça🤣. But it’s been many a year since I’ve seen a better header of a ball... He reminds me of a Real Madrid player of the past, Iván Zamorano or maybe even Santillana. He is a very useful squad player for moments when you need a goal at the end.

But who has said Busquets needs replacing? For me he’s still the best in the world in his particular position. He hasn’t got the stamina he used to have but what he offers nobody else can imo.

Frenkie de Jong is indeed starting to look like the Ajax player he was.

It’s the midfield that’s improved immeasurably since Xavi took over. That was actually something Koeman was finding difficult to sort out and he even tried to make Depay the focus of that midfield which was an error. Depay is someone that causes chaos in and around opponent’s defences and opens up spaces. He’s not a cultured midfielder.   

Archived