talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Anthony Modeste Joins Tianjin Quanjian

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Modeste was were most of Köln's goals come from but if a Chinese club are willing to pay €35m for him, it's mightily hard to turn down.

Undoubtedly a massive loss to Köln and someone they'd have to replace because I'm not sure Yuya Osaka, Arjtem Rudnevs, Simon Zoller or Sehrou Guirassy are up to replacing that volume of goals. 

5 hours ago, Stan said:

surely they're now keeping a player that doesn't want to be there any more? Are they going to try and sell him to a European club instead?

Not for £35m they won't. I'd say that there's a striker their way out of Koln though, as Jhon Cordoba has been signed today.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Not for £35m they won't. I'd say that there's a striker their way out of Koln though, as Jhon Cordoba has been signed today.

Brilliant signing, it would be great if they managed to keep Modeste at the club too.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, that was a farce. First he said he didn't want to leave, then they excluded him from the training camp, then he tried to sue his way back into training and now he's gone after all :D He went from beloved star to being hated. What a way to ruin your reputation. 

• Subscriber

Apparently it was happening more or less every transfer window, not to such degree of course. Köln got a lot of money out of it, and they already signed Cordoba as well, I think they will be fine without Modeste. Reisende soll man nicht aufhalten :what:

• The title was changed to Anthony Modeste Joins Tianjin Quanjian

Archived