talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jose Mourinho Admits Tax Fraud

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the tax footballers pay is fmvery high, but for fuck sake, can these fuckers not just pay their way?! They still get a very handsome wage after all is said an done. Pack of knobs.  

I have a feeling this is on the Spanish government. There is no way these type of people, with the accountants they have to handle all of this, didn't pay taxes. It's like the Spanish government and tax law are increasingly hard to grasp, or they are fishing for some additional funds.

I'll tell you one thing, if I was a football player, I might second guess going to Spain at the moment. It seems to be a witch hunt.

• The title was changed to Mourinho Investigated For Being Tax-Dodging Scum
24 minutes ago, Eco said:

I have a feeling this is on the Spanish government. There is no way these type of people, with the accountants they have to handle all of this, didn't pay taxes. It's like the Spanish government and tax law are increasingly hard to grasp, or they are fishing for some additional funds.

I'll tell you one thing, if I was a football player, I might second guess going to Spain at the moment. It seems to be a witch hunt.

The fiscal office is an independent entity as it is in every country.

So you've never heard of high earners, big businesses or international corporations dodging taxes?

You're very innocent if you believe this mate.

Just now, SirBalon said:

The fiscal office is an independent entity as it is in every country.

So you've never heard of high earners, big businesses or international corporations dodging taxes?

You're very innocent if you believe this mate.

No, I have. But in the country of some of the richest sports stars (US), their accountants handle all of this and I have never heard of another country claiming their two biggest stars committed tax fraud, as well as one of the most high profile managers in the world.

If news broke tomorrow that LeBron James, Floyd Mayweather, and Tiger Woods were all under tax fraud suspicion, that I would think that either they all have the same, stupid, accountant, or there is a separate motive going on.

55 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Question is, as Spanish tax prison fc manager can he get neymar, ronaldo and messi to all play together?

Not to let him off because I detest tax dodgers and have never defended Messi on this, ever!  But Messi paid both the tax he owed and the fine incurred before he was even issued with a court warrant.  Obviously the fiscal office still decided that due to the amount (€5m) he should be taken through the court system which in my view is correct.

Mascherano only 6 months ago pleaded guilty for not paying all his due tax, paid the fine and tax owed with which he got a suspended sentence.  Xabi Alonso is currently being investigated by the Spanish fiscal office and we all know what occurred with Uli Hoeneß of Bayern in Germany...  Served time for dodging his obligations amongst other things.

This for everyone else...  It's not up to the fiscal office to send a representative around these people's houses to pay what every other member of the nation pays as an obligation.  It's up to the individual to be transparent in all of their money movements.

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

No, I have. But in the country of some of the richest sports stars (US), their accountants handle all of this and I have never heard of another country claiming their two biggest stars committed tax fraud, as well as one of the most high profile managers in the world.

If news broke tomorrow that LeBron James, Floyd Mayweather, and Tiger Woods were all under tax fraud suspicion, that I would think that either they all have the same, stupid, accountant, or there is a separate motive going on.

Your country owns some of the biggest corporations (two particular giants constantly on the news) on the planet, corporations which are doing taxes by registering in fiscal paradises.  Just because your government defends high earners doesn't mean there's nothing going on and I'm pretty sure if investigated or searched, there's been many cases.

6 minutes ago, Eco said:

I have never heard of another country claiming their two biggest stars committed tax fraud

They're not CLAIMING.  They're accusing, which are two different situations.  These things are investigated before it's made official and uptill now, none have been proved to be errors.  Every single case has proven correct.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Your country owns some of the biggest corporations (two particular giants constantly on the news) on the planet, corporations which are doing taxes by registering in fiscal paradises.  Just because your government defends high earners doesn't mean there's nothing going on and I'm pretty sure if investigated or searched, there's been many cases.

I understand that. But I'm not talking about corporations. I'm talking about individuals being accused of tax fraud. It just seems fishy. Maybe it's a coincidence that it's just Messi, Ronaldo, and Mourinho, but it just seems a little...off.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

They're not CLAIMING.  They're accusing, which are two different situations.  These things are investigated before it's made official and uptill now, none have been proved to be errors.  Every single case has proven correct.

Minor difference. If I Claim you are a closet Real Madrid fan, and @Teso Dos Bichos accuses you of it, aren't we both just saying the same thing in a different way?!?

Just now, Eco said:

I understand that. But I'm not talking about corporations. I'm talking about individuals being accused of tax fraud. It just seems fishy. Maybe it's a coincidence that it's just Messi, Ronaldo, and Mourinho, but it just seems a little...off.

Yes mate, but your defence was that there must be an error due to these rich people having the best accountants on their case so as to not have any errors being made.  What do you think massive international corporations have?

I find it rather curious you are questioning extremely high earning people looking to save a buck or two.  Like rich people are totally honest because they're "well to do" or because they can employ people to look after their financial movements.  The reasons they employ those people is not only to control their money movements (any high street accountant can do that for you), but to also look for loopholes.  The problem is that the international economic crisis has taken countries to hammering the law so as to recover as much of that that is owed legally.

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Minor difference. If I Claim you are a closet Real Madrid fan, and @Teso Dos Bichos accuses you of it, aren't we both just saying the same thing in a different way?!?

I don't understand the analogy mate.  Here we're talking about paying what you owe...  Your contribution based on what you earn.  The reason why a country can function and provide services for its citizens.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Yes mate, but your defence was that there must be an error due to these rich people having the best accountants on their case so as to not have any errors being made.  What do you think massive international corporations have?

I find it rather curious you are questioning extremely high earning people looking to save a buck or two.  Like rich people are totally honest because they're "well to do" or because they can employ people to look after their financial movements.  The reasons they employ those people is not only to control their money movements (any high street accountant can do that for you), but to also look for loopholes.  The problem is that the international economic crisis has taken countries to hammering the law so as to recover as much of that that is owed legally.

Dearest, I'm just suggesting that maybe someone else is going on. Could these 3 all be cheating taxes? Absolutely! But doesn't it seem odd that all these accusations come out within a couple of months from one another? Maybe not, it just seems odd to me, that's all.

I understood that when I made my first millions, I was all about the accountants that could find an extra tax break or two, but never we are talking about a couple of tax breaks, we are talking about missions and missions of Euros.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I don't understand the analogy mate.  Here we're talking about paying what you owe...  Your contribution based on what you earn.  The reason why a country can function and provide services for its citizens.

My analogy was the by claiming something, and accusing something, you are essentially doing the same thing.

I totally understand taxes, like I said, it just seems odd with the type of people we are talking about here.

56 minutes ago, Eco said:

My analogy was the by claiming something, and accusing something, you are essentially doing the same thing.

I totally understand taxes, like I said, it just seems odd with the type of people we are talking about here.

Never underestimate greed.

Plus, I highly doubt Ronaldo has anything to do with the details but as the beneficiary he has to carry the can, much like Messi did.

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Plus, I highly doubt Ronaldo has anything to do with the details but as the beneficiary he has to carry the can, much like Messi did.

This is what I'm thinking as well.

On June 20, 2017 at 8:30 AM, Eco said:

I'm actually with you on this, there's no way these high profile people aren't capable of hiring talented accountants to do their finances. I haven't heard anything similar to this in Germany, Italy, etc with this high of profile athletes. I think it's either just the media making things up or Spain itself. It's just odd.

On 2017-6-20 at 11:27 PM, The Artful Dodger said:

There are people all over the world who have similar arrangements to reduce their tax burden but most of the time it is still technically legal.  its dishonest as fuck. But still usually specifically designed to be within the law. That's why your paying the accountants big bucks... they know the loopholes. 

So what's odd for me is either how do the laws in Spain differ from all those other counties, or what did these players do differently to fall foul of the laws, or did the laws change and theyve been caught out ...?

• 2 months later...

“For me, let’s be honest and objective. The last three Premier League champions — Chelsea with Mourinho, Leicester with [Claudio] Ranieri, Chelsea with [Antonio] Conte — which of these teams was the most offensive one?” he said. “Which played more quality football? It was mine. But nobody says.”

xD

Right. Which of those teams parked the bus against a 10 man PSG? Which of those teams parked the bus at home against United? Which of those teams were god awful and negative during the 2nd half of the season? 

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

“For me, let’s be honest and objective. The last three Premier League champions — Chelsea with Mourinho, Leicester with [Claudio] Ranieri, Chelsea with [Antonio] Conte — which of these teams was the most offensive one?” he said. “Which played more quality football? It was mine. But nobody says.”

xD

Right. Which of those teams parked the bus against a 10 man PSG? Which of those teams parked the bus at home against United? Which of those teams were god awful and negative during the 2nd half of the season? 

My my don't you know he is the best at everything by now?

5 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

mourinho's team was by far the better team. his ability to adapt his team/formation depending the opponent reminds me of Sir Alex ferguson.(conte did the same against spurs but it was set plays that won it, not like the masterclass tactics mou had against chelsea last year where Chelsea was completely dominated/outclassed and the goals were a result of open play ).

The masterclass performance that took your position from 6th, to 6th? Or were you talking about this? 

hqdefault.jpg

Wait, I know, it was the masterclass performance against PSG in 2015 you're talking about. Ability to adapt? Right. Unlike Alexis Texas, Mourinho couldn't even handle 10 men xD

• The title was changed to Jose Mourinho Admits Tax Fraud

Archived