talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mo Salah Adulation Thread

• Administrator

Great move for Liverpool.

Very promising attacking outlets with Mane, Salah, Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana. 

Guess they just need a solid out-and-out striker. Someone prolific like they had with Suarez to compliment the above players. 

Personally I think they should get rid of Sturridge. Wonder if they can do better than Origi if they really want to challenge in the Premier League AND Champions League simultaneously. 

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

It will be interesting to see what Mo Salah we see, at Fiorentina he did nothing to suggest the form he would find at Roma and whilst effective at Chelsea sporadically, he was one of those players he would run down a blind alley rather than pick out a pass.

I think he'll suit Liverpool to a tee, he's just what they need given how light they looked of pace when Mane was out. I wouldn't rule out this being a precursor for Coutinho to leave on a huge fee to Barcelona. Of course if they can unsettle him then they'll look to pinch him on the cheap but I really don't think Liverpool will be as easily bullied as Arsenal we're over Cesc

25 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Not sure about this, think a top striker would have been priority for Liverpool. Didn't get much of a chance at a Chelsea so can't judge him by there, going by YouTube he's a bit of a lampard in that all his goals are deflected.

If you're fishing I took the bait 

53 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Yeah, it was a joke lads, chill out.

Lampard is Defo fat tho.

Maybe I shoukd have thrown a ninja i there so you guys knew I was joking as well. 

Well no shit he is fat, look at his uncle 'Arry

9 minutes ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

Unless they try and play a False 9? I don't know who their out and out striker will be because it's definitely not Sturridge. I'm surprised the guy is still there honestly??? He's lost it.

We played a false 9 most of the season (Firmino) because Sturridge was mostly injured and there lies Sturridge's problem! He's not lost it at all (his goals to games rate and conversion rate is still exceptional), it's that he's injury prone as fuck. 

13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We played a false 9 most of the season (Firmino) because Sturridge was mostly injured and there lies Sturridge's problem! He's not lost it at all (his goals to games rate and conversion rate is still exceptional), it's that he's injury prone as fuck. 

If you're injured all the time you're lost.... because you're not scoring goals or on the pitch....

5 minutes ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

If you're injured all the time you're lost.... because you're not scoring goals or on the pitch....

Fair enough. I'd say that he's injury prone but that he hasn't 'lost it' because he's still a very effective striker when fit. 

Anyway, delighted with the signing of Salah. He'll add even more strength to an already strong attacking unit. 

13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Fair enough. I'd say that he's injury prone but that he hasn't 'lost it' because he's still a very effective striker when fit. 

Anyway, delighted with the signing of Salah. He'll add even more strength to an already strong attacking unit. 

I agree with this but I think the question that will arise soon is who is the leader of the bunch at this point?

Decent signing. Compliments Mane on the other flank well and a natural quality proven striker in the middle would compliment that front line.

However...is he strong in the air, tough in the tackle and commanding in defence? Because for me that is still Liverpool's Achilles heel.

21 hours ago, Batard said:

I wouldn't rule out this being a precursor for Coutinho to leave on a huge fee to Barcelona. 

Coutinho is going to be used as a CM, so I don't think Salah's signing affects anything.

@topic

I am really excited by this signing. We have struggled when Mane was injured. Now, my only concern is the AFCON. We might lose both Mane and Salah during that. 

41 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I am really excited by this signing. We have struggled when Mane was injured. Now, my only concern is the AFCON. We might lose both Mane and Salah during that. 

This could become a big problem for us. We all saw how much Mane was missed this season. If Salah becomes an important player for us, which you would hope he will do, to be missing both of them for a period would be shit. I know it's only every two years this would happen but still...

• Administrator
58 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Yep most probably. It would be a midfield three of Coutinho,  with any two of Henderson, Can, Lallana and Gini. The like Firmino, Mane and Salah on top of them.

It will work. People underestimate Coutinho's pressing and defensive abilities. 

Woeful off topic but I honestly cannot see Coutinho being deployed by Klopp in a central midfield role. It completely negates his effectiveness, he isn't a box to box midfielder he lacks that level of fitness needed for a Klopp Centre mid. Wijnaldum & Henderson is much more imposing. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Surely he means deep lying creative midfielder rather than standard centre mid, like against West Ham.

Not really Klopps modus operandi, I could be wrong but I don't recall him operating that sort of midfield in his days at Dortmund even when he had Nuri Sahin

• The title was changed to Mo Salah Adulation Thread

Archived