talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mo Salah Adulation Thread

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why there are so many reservations being aired here tbh. I'm happy with this one. The price is "standard modern too high" but thats par for the course now for every premier league club  and there are no prizes for who is the most thrifty. Its not like anybody would be using that to lower ticket prices. 

We needed to add some depth this year, but without overdoing it and signing 8+ players like we have done a lot in recent years. We need quality in depth in the attacking third, and to make sure we have reasonable second choice options in all positions. In some cases that means signing a first 11 player to push others to the bench. 

If this was our only signing it would be a concern, but at this stage you'll take it and look forward to hearing more about who we will bring in for CB, DM, LB and ST. Provided we do the first 2 of those 4 I will feel positive about our prospects going into next season.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Firstly, nobody is questioning Klopps transfer decisions. The window has only just opened. 

Secondly, if you'd have bothered to read through this thread you would have learnt that Klopp intends to play Coutinho a little deeper behind a front three this season which makes signing Salah very understandable. 

Thirdly, we lack real pace. When Mane was away/injured we sorely lacked pace. Salah sorts this problem. 

:ay:

Not to mention added in depth. Don't understand why people are saying this isn't a needed signing. You're biggest issue last season were injuries, and now you also have European football to deal with. Why in god's hell are there peopel complaining? When one of your players gets injured now, instead of calling up a youth player who has never played 1st team football, you now have another experienced player to rely on. 

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Firstly, nobody is questioning Klopps transfer decisions. The window has only just opened. 

Secondly, if you'd have bothered to read through this thread you would have learnt that Klopp intends to play Coutinho a little deeper behind a front three this season which makes signing Salah very understandable. 

Thirdly, we lack real pace. When Mane was away/injured we sorely lacked pace. Salah sorts this problem. 

You have far bigger\urgent needs ~ This does not improve you

I would never expect you to agree or understand that, but it really is that simple :ay:

16 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

You have far bigger\urgent needs ~ This does not improve you

I would never expect you to agree or understand that, but it really is that simple :ay:

It's not even July, there is plenty of time for the holes in our squad to be plugged. 

Calm down. 

18 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I actually thought Salah was a quality signing, I thought he would easily fill Mane's boots if he was injured or at ACON, but then I realised Salah will probably be there too. I don't think ACON should be such a determining factor for signing a player, especially of Mane's & Salah's quality, but isn't it a bit risky to have such an outlay on two African players?

12 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I actually thought Salah was a quality signing, I thought he would easily fill Mane's boots if he was injured or at ACON, but then I realised Salah will probably be there too. I don't think ACON should be such a determining factor for signing a player, especially of Mane's & Salah's quality, but isn't it a bit risky to have such an outlay on two African players?

{On 23/06/2017 at 1:17 PM, LFCMadLad said:

Thirdly, we lack real pace. When Mane was away/injured we sorely lacked pace. Salah sorts this problem.  }

I have been waiting ~ And there you have it ~ Well done Chaaay AFC

2 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

{On 23/06/2017 at 1:17 PM, LFCMadLad said:

Thirdly, we lack real pace. When Mane was away/injured we sorely lacked pace. Salah sorts this problem.  }

I have been waiting ~ And there you have it ~ Well done Chaaay AFC

So you have been waiting to boast about us missing 2 players for 3 weeks once every 2 years?

jesus Christ xD

You need a better day job. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

So you have been waiting to boast about us missing 2 players for 3 weeks once every 2 years?

jesus Christ xD

You need a better day job. 

Well me ol Love..... It's something you over looked ~ And that is the point of the post, but, went over your head :ay:

4 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Well me ol Love..... It's something you over looked ~ And that is the point of the post, but, went over your head :ay:

Nope, you said Salah doesn't improve us. 

He does improve us. 

Now you are saying he's a shit signing because we'll miss him and Mane for 3-4 weeks every 2 years. 

You are Term-X, a very shit wum. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Nope, you said Salah doesn't improve us. 

He does improve us. 

Now you are saying he's a shit signing because we'll miss him and Mane for 3-4 weeks every 2 years

You are Term-X, a very shit wum. 

And there you go, making up words I said... You are so a Liverpool fan... Your wonderful entertainment thou :ay:

Just now, The Liquidator said:

And there you go, making up words I said... You are so a Liverpool fan... Your wonderful entertainment thou :ay:

Well what exactly are you saying?

You are so hit and miss it's hard to tell! 

Youve come into this thread to state how poor a signing Salah has been yet 99% of people who've commented disagree with you.... and you say I'm entertaining xD

Well I am not here to educate you.....But

I have not said he is not a good player or a bad signing... I have stated... He does not improve you.

If he was a Keeper, defender of class, a real holding midfielder, all positions you lack quality, then you improve.

Granted you are right its not July yet, but Salah does not improve you.... Unless Klopp has him penciled to take a turn at Left Back

34 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Well I am not here to educate you.....But

I have not said he is not a good player or a bad signing... I have stated... He does not improve you.

If he was a Keeper, defender of class, a real holding midfielder, all positions you lack quality, then you improve.

Granted you are right its not July yet, but Salah does not improve you.... Unless Klopp has him penciled to take a turn at Left Back

He does improve us. 

Anyway, enough of this. I'm sure everyone doesn't want to scroll through endless posts of us disagreeing. 

Agree to disagree?

10 hours ago, Harry said:

He maybe doesn't improve the starting 11 but he does improve the squad. 

Harry, More of the same does not improve you.

LFCMadlad is right there is plenty of window time to go to fill Liverpool's needs, however

One of my points is a huge amount of Liverpool's budget has been used on a player who plays in a position you are already fairly flush.

Do Liverpool have a bottomless pit of money to use we dont know about?

Maybe the players Liverpool hope to sign for their need  positions have other clubs interested in them, where's this time around nobody else was interested in Salah so the deal went through early.

Time will tell, but up to now, 30+ M spent and no improvement to the team. :ay:

11 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

He does improve us. 

Anyway, enough of this. I'm sure everyone doesn't want to scroll through endless posts of us disagreeing. 

Agree to disagree?

Look, you are typical Liverpool fan.... If you signed a sack of spuds with a pumpkin on top as a head, there are some of your number who would call it the second cumming of Ian Rush.

I can understand the defending of your club, but sometimes you have to understand what actually makes you a better team.

Squad depth I can understand, but a better team, no.

Let me ask you something, goal return for Salah... baring in mind he is your record signing and you guys believe he makes you a better team, would it be fair to say a return of 20 league goals is a must for him to prove his worth?

• The title was changed to Mo Salah Adulation Thread

Archived