talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mo Salah Adulation Thread

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

I think people underrate Liverpool's forward pack because you guys don't have a 'propa striker'. 

Don’t get me wrong, if we could get a CF who would fit into Klopps system and get 20-25 goals a season then great. But Firmino is great at what he does. His movement and workrate is fantastic which creates so much space for our other attacking players. He’s the reason Salah, Mane and Coutinho etc get so many chances. 

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Wait till Salah starts taking most of his chances.

On a serious note,  as much as I like Firmino,  I would rather like a finisher up top with a similar work rate. A Suarez from 2013/14  up top would be brutal. 

Suarez in our team and I’d tip us to run City close for the title, even with a dodgy defence. Sensational player. 

Credit where it's due Salah has been a very good acquisition. From some of the footage I saw of Keita last season with his ability to pick quick through balls I reckon he could be a big revelation next season providing he can adapt to the competitiveness and physicality of The Premier League.

I know we've had this conversation over and over and over again but it's a shame that the transfer committee didn't look beyond Van Dijk. Another addition in defence and they'd look almost complete.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

I always liked Salah, much to the chagrin of @SirBalon whom at every instance would try to convince me otherwise xD. The bastard probably stands by it. I'm actually quite a fan of how Liverpool line up their attacking trio with the 'false-nine' and two wide forwards. It's different.

I actually can't stand not having a proper striker lol. I like Firmino a lot, I think he's a great player - and his importance to the way we play from the way he closes down defenders is why he's our number one choice up to. But we create so many chances and are screaming out for someone clinical to finish them off, and while Firmino does that sometimes he's definitely not the most physical.

Salah's been great for us though. Last year when Mane was out, we couldn't attack properly because our system needed someone with pace to burn. Salah's faster than Mane, which is incredibly quick, so we don't miss Mane as much - and when we've got the two of them in, it's a pretty deadly attack on the wings.

As for who Salah replaces from our XI last year once everyone is fully fit... I'll echo Mike & say, no idea, but Lallana definitely needs to come back into the fold. He's a massive player for us and we've been missing him all season.

6 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Wait till Salah starts taking most of his chances.

I agree. Suarez in his first half season with us was similar. Consistently getting into great positions and not finishing as many as he should. It's scary to think Salah could have had 15 to 20 goals by now if he'd converted more. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/06/2017 at 9:09 PM, The Liquidator said:

{On 23/06/2017 at 1:17 PM, LFCMadLad said:

Thirdly, we lack real pace. When Mane was away/injured we sorely lacked pace. Salah sorts this problem.  }

I have been waiting ~ And there you have it ~ Well done Chaaay AFC

The ACON has now been moved to the summer and won’t affect us one bit. 

This is great :D

On 25/06/2017 at 2:14 PM, The Liquidator said:

I said, I don't think the signing improves you and you bit and gave 3 points to why you felt he did.

I told you I didnt expect you to agree or understand.

You couldnt leave it, so I have given it too you.

No fuss, just wonderful entertainment for me.

So is that a 20 league season we can look forward too  from Salah or not?

Yep B|

• The title was changed to Mo Salah Adulation Thread

Archived