talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mo Salah Adulation Thread

• Administrator
6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Is there an ignore function on here? 

There is. Through the CP If memory serves me correctly. 

@The Liquidator, please try not to spam this thread with triple posts. I'm also more than certain we are all acutely aware of your opinions on Salah. Let's draw a line under this now please. 

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
On 26/06/2017 at 1:17 PM, The Liquidator said:

Yeah, I thought as much.... I am done with you :ay:

Has he exceeded your expectations yet? 

10 goals and 3 assists in 14 games (League & Champions League) from a WF already by the start of November is a fantastic return I’m sure you’ll agree? 

So yes, I’d say he’s improved us :ay:

If you finish higher than your finishing position last season and he is on the pitch often enough, then yes he improves you.

Currently you are worse than last season in my eyes, so no, he hasnt improved you.

If you had spent the money on signing defenders or a keeper..... who knows how good the team could have become

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

If you finish higher than your finishing position last season and he is on the pitch often enough, then yes he improves you.

Currently you are worse than last season in my eyes, so no, he hasnt improved you.

If you had spent the money on signing defenders or a keeper..... who knows how good the team could have become

Don't think it's fair to judge Salah's impact on Liverpool's team when they haven't even had their first choice eleven to select from though. I can think of maybe one occasion tops where they had Coutinho, Mane, Salah and Firmino all together (Newcastle).

I've been very impressed with him. Only thing that's let him down IMO is his shot conversion rate, seems to miss a lot of chances. But that aside, he's been a revelation.

Ludicrous to suggest he hasn't improved the side. If only Chelsea had kept him, like they did that ginger haired fella at Man City

2 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

The test isn't whether they're better than they were last season: it's if they're better than they would be without him right now.

Without Salah who would be playing? Liverpool struggled last season with attacking depth, and Salah has clearly solved that. It's not like signing him was the reason they didn't sign any defenders.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

When everyone's fit, who does Salah replace from last season's line up? Lallana? Henderson?

Think Henderson loses his spot when Lallana is fit because as it stands he offers nothing in terms of proper DM coverage although that could change depending on what the manager sees fit.

9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

When everyone's fit, who does Salah replace from last season's line up? Lallana? Henderson?

Firmino as the false 9 (as usual) with Mane and Salah as WF’s. Coutinho and Lallana behind them with either Can, Wijnaldum or Henderson as the deepest. 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Think Henderson loses his spot when Lallana is fit because as it stands he offers nothing in terms of proper DM coverage although that could change depending on what the manager sees fit.

No chance. He's the captain and the best 6 we have (not a high bar, mind). Our first choice XI will be: 5 clowns at the back; Henderson, Lallana, Coutinho; Salah, Mane, Firmino

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

No chance. He's the captain and the best 6 we have (not a high bar, mind). Our first choice XI will be: 5 clowns at the back; Henderson, Lallana, Coutinho; Salah, Mane, Firmino

You don't see Can taking Hendo's place? or Wijnaldum?

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

No but Keita might when he rocks up, that is if Coutinho stays of course. If Coutinho goes then Keita probably takes his place. 

If he stays for more than a game without finding himself in the red card books I think that's going to slot in very well for the kind of player he is

8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Coutinho will be gone in the summer. Keita takes his place. Can gone too. Signing a better midfielder to play behind Keita and Lallana/Wijnaldum is a must along with two or three defenders.

I always forget that Can is going to be gone in the summer as well. Last season I gave him stick for the way he was operating but in the end it was an injury and he does come alive in games I think if he stays longer he'll get better but that isn't to be either.

Just now, Mel81x said:

If he stays for more than a game without finding himself in the red card books I think that's going to slot in very well for the kind of player he is

I always forget that Can is going to be gone in the summer as well. Last season I gave him stick for the way he was operating but in the end it was an injury and he does come alive in games I think if he stays longer he'll get better but that isn't to be either.

I said in the Champions League thread, I can't make my mind up on Can. Awful at times but very good on others. As it stands, if he was replaced properly, he wouldn't be a huge miss. There is every chance he could do very well in Italy though.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I said in the Champions League thread, I can't make my mind up on Can. Awful at times but very good on others. As it stands, if he was replaced properly, he wouldn't be a huge miss. There is every chance he could do very well in Italy though.

I remember a game (can't remember the opponent off the top of my head) where he was literally everywhere on the pitch. The energy he showed and the kind of chasing he did was phenomenal. And then you have him spend time on the ball as if he's trying to get married to it and it makes you wonder what makes him tick. 

15 hours ago, Lucas said:

Don't think it's fair to judge Salah's impact on Liverpool's team when they haven't even had their first choice eleven to select from though. I can think of maybe one occasion tops where they had Coutinho, Mane, Salah and Firmino all together (Newcastle).

I've been very impressed with him. Only thing that's let him down IMO is his shot conversion rate, seems to miss a lot of chances. But that aside, he's been a revelation.

Ludicrous to suggest he hasn't improved the side. If only Chelsea had kept him, like they did that ginger haired fella at Man City

I really dont want to waste more time on this thread. Improve the team so they finish higher OR actually win a cup, I'll give them that as another get out.

That's the bottom line, something LFCMadLad was not brave enough to predict for his club after claiming Salah would improve them.

I have no idea of your football intelligence Lucas, but I would hope if you had seen Salah in a Chelsea shirt you would understand why he was offloaded so quickly and unlike De Bruyne (the only one we have let go which was a mistake, Thanks Jose, and we must stress, he did not want to stay) there is no burn from ANYTHING he has done since he left us.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

I really dont want to waste more time on this thread. Improve the team so they finish higher OR actually win a cup, I'll give them that as another get out.

That's the bottom line, something LFCMadLad was not brave enough to predict for his club after claiming Salah would improve them.

I have no idea of your football intelligence Lucas, but I would hope if you had seen Salah in a Chelsea shirt you would understand why he was offloaded so quickly and unlike De Bruyne (the only one we have let go which was a mistake, Thanks Jose, and we must stress, he did not want to stay) there is no burn from ANYTHING he has done since he left us.

You can't judge one player by the team's results.

Everton have been absolutely abysmal this season compared to last. Does that automatically mean that signing Pickford to replace Joel Robles/Stekelenburg hasn't improved our team? Nonsense.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

You can't judge one player by the team's results.

Everton have been absolutely abysmal this season compared to last. Does that automatically mean that signing Pickford to replace Joel Robles/Stekelenburg hasn't improved our team? Nonsense.

Not judging the player.... the teams improvement is whats on trial here.... And anyone who states Liverpool are currently better than last seasons team is a fool.

Granted all boards have plenty of fools, but I cant help that.

Ok, I am done here..... we shall see how the new improved Liverpool end up this season. :ay:

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Not judging the player.... the teams improvement is whats on trial here.... And anyone who states Liverpool are currently better than last seasons team is a fool.

Ok, I am done here..... we shall see how the new improved Liverpool end up this season. :ay:

I sort of get what you're saying in that Liverpool's team could have improved more if they spent the money on upgrading the goalkeeper or centre backs. However, Salah has been a successful signing, nobody can deny based on how he's done so far.

26 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

You asked if he’d score 20 goals this season! Well, he’s well on track. You also asked if he’d improve our team! Well, he’s certainly improved our attacking play. It’s not his fault our defence is a joke. 

£36m for Salah in today’s market is an absolute snip and he’s already proving to be an extremely successful signing. 

You are only done with this thread because you thought Salah wouldn’t be a successful signing, but he has. 

Good day :ay:

I always liked Salah, much to the chagrin of @SirBalon whom at every instance would try to convince me otherwise xD. The bastard probably stands by it. I'm actually quite a fan of how Liverpool line up their attacking trio with the 'false-nine' and two wide forwards. It's different.

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

I always liked Salah, much to the chagrin of @SirBalon whom at every instance would try to convince me otherwise xD. The bastard probably stands by it. I'm actually quite a fan of how Liverpool line up their attacking trio with the 'false-nine' and two wide forwards. It's different.

To be fair our front line and attacking mids rivals most clubs in Europe in my opinion. It’s the shambles of a defence and the flawed defensive tactics that let us down. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

To be fair our front line and attacking mids rivals most clubs in Europe in my opinion. It’s the shambles of a defence and the flawed defensive tactics that let us down. 

I think people underrate Liverpool's forward pack because you guys don't have a 'propa striker'. 

• The title was changed to Mo Salah Adulation Thread

Archived