talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 Prediction League - Predictions Thread

football forum

• Administrator
9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

This thread is getting mental. I don't write down anyone's predictions until after the race on Sunday so in future please just edit your first post, you don't need to let me know xD.

Yes sir. Sorry sir. Three bags full sir. 

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
11 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

This thread is getting mental. I don't write down anyone's predictions until after the race on Sunday so in future please just edit your first post, you don't need to let me know xD.

I'm yet to make my predictions.

• Subscriber
On 22/08/2022 at 11:38, RandoEFC said:

Pole Position - Who will do the fastest lap in Q3?

Perez

The Podium - Who will finish the race in 1st, 2nd and 3rd?

Sainz, Perez, Verstappen

Random Driver - Guess the finishing position of this week's random driver, Carlos Sainz.

1st

Bonus Question - The first corner at Spa-Francorchamps has been the site of many incidents over the years. How many drivers will be eliminated on the opening lap this year (defined as cars that fail to complete the opening lap of the race)?

I've edited my predictions @RandoEFC, here are my new predictions. I've deleted my original posts. :ph34r:

In seriousness, I think this is the first time I've edited my original predictions twice. Might be more to come as well with teams deciding this is the track to take engine penalties.

• Subscriber
On 22/08/2022 at 11:38, RandoEFC said:

Predictions - Belgian Grand Prix

We are back with a bang as the Belgian Grand Prix marks the first in a triple header after the summer break.!

Below are your predictions for the Belgian Grand Prix. The deadline for predictions is the start of qualifying on Saturday! You have until then to submit and amend your predictions. @RandoEFC @Tommy @Coma @Stan @nudge @OrangeKhrush @MUFC @DeadLinesman @Whiskey.

Pole Position - Who will do the fastest lap in Q3? - Perez

The Podium - Who will finish the race in 1st, 2nd and 3rd? Perez-Sainz-Russell

Random Driver - Guess the finishing position of this week's random driver, Carlos Sainz. - 2nd

Bonus Question - The first corner at Spa-Francorchamps has been the site of many incidents over the years. How many drivers will be eliminated on the opening lap this year (defined as cars that fail to complete the opening lap of the race)? - 1

Good luck!

• Subscriber

Results - Belgian Grand Prix

Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 13.40.09.png

The grid penalties played havoc with a lot of people's predictions this weekend with many people avoiding the obvious pick of Verstappen on the assumption that he might not go for it in Q3 in order to save tyres or two his team-mate. Three people did back the Dutchman, however, to post the fastest time in Q3, so @Stan, @OrangeKhrush and @Whiskey ended Saturday with 5 sweet points in the bag.

@OrangeKhrush made it a successful double, the only one predicting Max Verstappen to come through the field and win Sunday's race, bagging him a further five points, although that concluded his scoring for the weekend. @RandoEFC was the only one to predict the three podium-sitters correctly, but only scored 9 points, his only points of the weekend, due to having Sainz and Verstappen the wrong way round. He was joined by @Tommy and @Whiskey in getting Sergio Perez' 2nd place spot on, with @nudge the only person to accurately put Sainz in P3 to secure those five points. With a range of Leclerc, Hamilton and Russell shouts letting people down in various combinations, the podium scores were particularly low this week with @Coma's 2 points at the bottom of the pile.

While some hedged their bets, @nudge doubled up on her 3rd-place prediction for this week's random driver, Carlos Sainz, and was alone in doing so, meaning that she bags 5 points for this prediction too with no consolation points left up for grabs for everyone else. @nudge also consolidated her position as this week's comfortable top scorer, nailing the bonus question as well along with @MUFC, both of them predicting just a single retirement on the opening lap.

That leaves the table looking like this:

Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 13.40.23.png

@DeadLinesman still heads the field but his lead is reduced to single figures once more as the chasing pack take some advantage of his low-scoring weekend. @RandoEFC and @Tommy swap places at the head of the chasing pack while @nudge's top-scoring week now has her back ahead of @Whiskey and within sight of the top four. @Stan and @OrangeKhrush are tied at the bottom but continue to reel in @Coma slowly but surely in their bid to avoid the wooden spoon.

Remember the season predictions will be added to the scores after the last race and they will alter the standings quite significantly so while it's fun to track things on a race-by-race basis, the table doesn't tell anything like the full story until the end!

I will post the predictions for this weekend's Dutch Grand Prix tomorrow.

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Results - Belgian Grand Prix

Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 13.40.09.png

The grid penalties played havoc with a lot of people's predictions this weekend with many people avoiding the obvious pick of Verstappen on the assumption that he might not go for it in Q3 in order to save tyres or two his team-mate. Three people did back the Dutchman, however, to post the fastest time in Q3, so @Stan, @OrangeKhrush and @Whiskey ended Saturday with 5 sweet points in the bag.

@OrangeKhrush made it a successful double, the only one predicting Max Verstappen to come through the field and win Sunday's race, bagging him a further five points, although that concluded his scoring for the weekend. @RandoEFC was the only one to predict the three podium-sitters correctly, but only scored 9 points, his only points of the weekend, due to having Sainz and Verstappen the wrong way round. He was joined by @Tommy and @Whiskey in getting Sergio Perez' 2nd place spot on, with @nudge the only person to accurately put Sainz in P3 to secure those five points. With a range of Leclerc, Hamilton and Russell shouts letting people down in various combinations, the podium scores were particularly low this week with @Coma's 2 points at the bottom of the pile.

While some hedged their bets, @nudge doubled up on her 3rd-place prediction for this week's random driver, Carlos Sainz, and was alone in doing so, meaning that she bags 5 points for this prediction too with no consolation points left up for grabs for everyone else. @nudge also consolidated her position as this week's comfortable top scorer, nailing the bonus question as well along with @MUFC, both of them predicting just a single retirement on the opening lap.

That leaves the table looking like this:

Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 13.40.23.png

@DeadLinesman still heads the field but his lead is reduced to single figures once more as the chasing pack take some advantage of his low-scoring weekend. @RandoEFC and @Tommy swap places at the head of the chasing pack while @nudge's top-scoring week now has her back ahead of @Whiskey and within sight of the top four. @Stan and @OrangeKhrush are tied at the bottom but continue to reel in @Coma slowly but surely in their bid to avoid the wooden spoon.

Remember the season predictions will be added to the scores after the last race and they will alter the standings quite significantly so while it's fun to track things on a race-by-race basis, the table doesn't tell anything like the full story until the end!

I will post the predictions for this weekend's Dutch Grand Prix tomorrow.

Nudge is getting close. Next race she'll have DRS.

• Subscriber

Predictions - Dutch Grand Prix

On we go to Zandvoort for the second part of the triple header.

Below are your predictions for the Dutch Grand Prix. The deadline for predictions is the start of qualifying on Saturday! You have until then to submit and amend your predictions. @RandoEFC @Tommy @Coma @Stan @nudge @OrangeKhrush @MUFC @DeadLinesman @Whiskey.

Random Driver - Guess the finishing position of this week's random driver, Sebastian Vettel.

Bonus Question - How many racing laps (out of 72) will be led by Max Verstappen at his home Grand Prix on Sunday?

Good luck!

• Administrator

Verstappen

Verstappen - Leclerc - Perez

Random Driver - Guess the finishing position of this week's random driver, Sebastian Vettel.

11th

Bonus Question - How many racing laps (out of 72) will be led by Max Verstappen at his home Grand Prix on Sunday?

• Subscriber

For the bonus question, I'm not going to say the exact number is required for the full 5 points, so I'll give points if you're within 5 laps. If more than one person is within 5 laps of the correct answer, it'll be 5 points to the closest and 2 points to the others. If nobody gets within 5 laps, whoever gets the closest will get 2 consolation points.

• Subscriber

Leclerc

Leclerc - Verstappen - Sainz

DNF

• Subscriber

Pole Position - Who will do the fastest lap in Q3?

Verstappen

The Podium - Who will finish the race in 1st, 2nd and 3rd?

Verstappen, Leclerc, Sainz

12th

Bonus Question - How many racing laps (out of 72) will be led by Max Verstappen at his home Grand Prix on Sunday?

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Leclerc

Leclerc - Verstappen - Sainz

DNF

Stop jinxing Charles. 😡xD

1 minute ago, nudge said:

It has been working perfectly so far 👌

I've noticed that. 🤔 Now I'll predict Max to win and hope my own voodoo works too. I'll counter voodoo your voodoo. 

Verstappen

Verstappen - Perez - Leclerc

12th

On 30/08/2022 at 14:57, RandoEFC said:

Predictions - Dutch Grand Prix

On we go to Zandvoort for the second part of the triple header.

Below are your predictions for the Dutch Grand Prix. The deadline for predictions is the start of qualifying on Saturday! You have until then to submit and amend your predictions. @RandoEFC @Tommy @Coma @Stan @nudge @OrangeKhrush @MUFC @DeadLinesman @Whiskey.

Verstappen 

Verstappen, Perez, Leclerc 

12th.

69, hehe 

Good luck!

Pole Position - Who will do the fastest lap in Q3?

Verstappen

Verstappen and two others

Leclerc

Perez

11th

Bonus Question - How many racing laps (out of 72) will be led by Max Verstappen at his home Grand Prix on Sunday?

Verstappen

Verstappen, Leclerc, Perez

P10

Archived