• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool (2) 0-1 (1) Inter Milan - Tuesday 8th March, 2022

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

2nd yellow. 

Second yellow seems more fair because he left the studs exposed and didn't really make any effort to pull out of the challenge there, straight red I think would have been a weird call. Where I'm watching only showed him pull the red out, so I must have missed the yellow coming out and I thought it was a straight red and thought that was weird as fuck. Makes a bit more sense though.

Kind of weird challenge to go into when you've received a yellow for something similar tbh.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Second yellow seems more fair because he left the studs exposed and didn't really make any effort to pull out of the challenge there, straight red I think would have been a weird call. Where I'm watching only showed him pull the red out, so I must have missed the yellow coming out and I thought it was a straight red and thought that was weird as fuck. Makes a bit more sense though.

Kind of weird challenge to go into when you've received a yellow for something similar tbh.

He did get the ball to be fair. It was purely the follow through that caught Fabinho and yellow is warranted for that. 

Don't blame him for challenging for it. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool (2) 0-1 (1) Inter Milan - Tuesday 8th March, 2022
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

He did get the ball to be fair. It was purely the follow through that caught Fabinho and yellow is warranted for that. 

Don't blame him for challenging for it. 

I wouldn't blame him if he hadn't been on a yellow before - I think it's fine to go in for that kind of challenge where you might catch a player studs up on the follow through after getting the ball first if you've not already been booked. But they just clawed a goal back and he's sort of fucked their odds of getting the second.

Having said that... it's probably much easier for me to say that when I'm not on the pitch playing football at the fucking pace they're playing it xD

Also sometimes playing against 10 men is our kryptonite. Maybe it'll be different as Inter have to chase another goal. But the last few times I remember us playing against 10, we usually lose all sense of creativity.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wouldn't blame him if he hadn't been on a yellow before - I think it's fine to go in for that kind of challenge where you might catch a player studs up on the follow through after getting the ball first if you've not already been booked. But they just clawed a goal back and he's sort of fucked their odds of getting the second.

Having said that... it's probably much easier for me to say that when I'm not on the pitch playing football at the fucking pace they're playing it xD

Also sometimes playing against 10 men is our kryptonite. Maybe it'll be different as Inter have to chase another goal. But the last few times I remember us playing against 10, we usually lose all sense of creativity.

Usually playing against 10 is bad when you need a goal, not when you're defending a 1 goal lead. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived