talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Heatwave.

football forum

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea why people moan about this type of weather.  Everything about it is positive!

Maybe we're just talking about professional "moaners" to be honest.  Long may it last!  Anyway...  Looks like next week is going to calm down and I'm going away to Naples to sort that issue out.

I love it too. Life is better when the Sun is out than depressing rain. Plus I love wearing shorts.

I have to say, my bedroom fan is probably one of the best purchases I could have made. Leave that thing running all night and it's like sleeping in a fridge. Ideal.

• Subscriber

I'm living in a constant heatwave with temperatures ranging from +30 to +40 throughout the year, still love it even if I do miss cold days and snow a little bit from time to time! 

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Speak in Celsius man!  You are welcome into the 20th Century. ;)

Celsius... what is this peasant nonsense..... next thing you'll say use the metric system..... 

Disgusting

10 minutes ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

If It's over or under exactly 70.3 degree I'm distraught.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Speak in Celsius man!  You are welcome into the 20th Century. ;)

Ha, I have found a quick way to convert in my head so that I can speak to you all in a way you understand. 99% of Americans don't know if 30 degree (In Celsius) is hot or cold. 

14 minutes ago, Eco said:

Ha, I have found a quick way to convert in my head so that I can speak to you all in a way you understand. 99% of Americans don't know if 30 degree (In Celsius) is hot or cold. 

yes

Just now, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

Celsius... what is this peasant nonsense..... next thing you'll say use the metric system..... 

Disgusting

Peasant?  PEASANT????  Mate...  Your bloody Fahrenheit nonsense is a peasant's revolt if I've ever witnessed one.  The metric system is infact the modernised version of something than never made sense.  Take your quarters, three thirds and three quarters and stick them up your bottom!

Even we in the UK managed to improve the Imperial system by measuring weight in stones and not the numerical nonsense that is pounds. :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Peasant?  PEASANT????  Mate...  Your bloody Fahrenheit nonsense is a peasant's revolt if I've ever witnessed one.  The metric system is infact the modernised version of something than never made sense.  Take your quarters, three thirds and three quarters and stick them up your bottom!

Even we in the UK managed to improve the Imperial system by measuring weight in stones and not the numerical nonsense that is pounds. :ph34r:

UM THE NUMERICAL SYSTEM HAS ORDER!!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW HOW BIG SAID STONE IS OR HOW MUCH IT WEIGHS ?!?!?!

:usa:

4 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

This heat with a small breeze is ideal. Would much rather this weather than a winters evening mind you.

Yeah...  That breeze we're getting this evening coupled with the heated bricks on the houses is amazing.  I absolutely love this time of year and it's a shame it isn't stable and constant here for the large part of the duration of summer.

• Administrator

Can see why people find it unbearable. It's because it rarely happens in a British summer that it is so obscenely hot. It's not something we're used to whereas in the southern European countries (Spain, Portugal, Greece etc) you get a GOOD summer and lengthy periods of prolonged sunshine and nice weather that we crave.

Plus we're British. We only moan because it's something we're good at doing xD

Archived