talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Heatwave.

football forum

London isn't built for anything over 30° from public transport to the houses...  Infact as you can understand, the houses are built for the total opposite and are very insulated which if done correctly can actually be a benefit in heat.  The issue lies in the bricks overheating and creating a higher rate of temperature seeping in.  Air conditioning units in colder countries are also a lot more expensive than in warmer climate countries which means many people don't invest in something like that which may be used only for 1 week a year at times.

I personally don't feel that much heat at the temperatures we've been having lately and I love it.  Heat is what I've experienced in the hottest city in Europe which is Seville in Spain.  45°+ for most of the summer is terrible and energy sapping.  Another thing is humidity mixed with high temperatures like in Barcelona or the Valencia region for example...  Naples is the same!  That's worse because simple 30° heat can feel like double that and any movement you make means you break into a massive sweat flooding your clothes and feeling extremely sticky.

I won't even go into what it's like to sleep at night!  That's the only thing I dislike about higher temperatures.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Never understood why people always go 'urgh whingers, isn't even warm'! Then walk around in coats if the temperature drops below 20.....

I am just happy some people are using Celsius. 

10 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Never understood why people always go 'urgh whingers, isn't even warm'! Then walk around in coats if the temperature drops below 20.....

I've got to say that I start to wear some kind of jacket if it goes below 20° xD

Obviously not a coat though.

The weathers great but the country isn't built for it. If you go to a hot country there's aircon all over the gaff, on trains and buses.

On Sunday I was on the Central line for about an hour and if you forget a bottle of water you know about it on there, not like the modernised Met line with its aircon and Star Trek style carriages.

45 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

My old man noticed that when he was in Venice last October. He was in shorts and t-shirt while the locals were wearing coats.

Regarding the overall statement, Britain doesn't tend to get above 30 that often and for any decent period of time, hence the 'heatwave'.

I was in Calella this time last year and that was beautiful. Sunny and without a cloud in the sky for the whole holiday.

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

The weathers great but the country isn't built for it. If you go to a hot country there's aircon all over the gaff, on trains and buses.

On Sunday I was on the Central line for about an hour and if you forget a bottle of water you know about it on there, not like the modernised Met line with its aircon and Star Trek style carriages.

Was going to say something similar because I get on the Central and Metropolitan Lines daily. You really notice the difference when you get off the modern Met line and get on the oven of the Central Line but for 40 minutes, I can suffer it. 

16 hours ago, Babycakes said:

Why is that people moan about this lovely weather? We moan when it's cold and then we moan when it's hot. I love this weather and the best thing about it is that I get a nice suntan.

16 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I have no idea why people moan about this type of weather.  Everything about it is positive!

Maybe we're just talking about professional "moaners" to be honest.  Long may it last!  Anyway...  Looks like next week is going to calm down and I'm going away to Naples to sort that issue out.

Wish it would hurry up and rain, like living inside an oven ..hate it!!  ..plus the radiation levels are off the charts, this is not normal heat, maybe another sun in our solar system :what:

As someone who has spent most part of the past three decades in a city whose normal temperature is 30-45 degree Celsius , I constantly crave  cold weather, cloudy skies and chilly air. It would be nice to not be sweating all the time. Fuck, I even hate the sun.

9 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

As someone who has spent most part of the past three decades in a city whose normal temperature is 30-45 degree Celsius , I constantly crave  cold weather, cloudy skies and chilly air. It would be nice to not be sweating all the time. Fuck, I even hate the sun.

Makes people stink too.

40 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Was going to say something similar because I get on the Central and Metropolitan Lines daily. You really notice the difference when you get off the modern Met line and get on the oven of the Central Line but for 40 minutes, I can suffer it. 

Met line is a dream, Central line is so small too. If you get cramped on the Met you can just stand up. If you're near the doors on the Central then you've gotta lean forward slightly until it empties.

Problem is my hometown is sort of like a "hub", so if people leave Shepherds Bush or White City and go west then they'll all be on it until I get off which is a pisstake when you're after a seat

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I'm amazed we didn't have thunderstorms last week after the heat.

In a way I miss it. I don't think I've ever drank as much water and ate as much green stuff as I did last week. The heat changed me.

My bro text me the other day saying there was a small thunderstorm but it didn't last long. 

Here in Greece it's mega hot and 'worse' than what you lot are complaining about in UK. I fucking love it though. Sitting on a balcony looking out in to the Mediterranean with a beer or wine. Can not complain at all! 

20 hours ago, Stan said:

My bro text me the other day saying there was a small thunderstorm but it didn't last long. 

Here in Greece it's mega hot and 'worse' than what you lot are complaining about in UK. I fucking love it though. Sitting on a balcony looking out in to the Mediterranean with a beer or wine. Can not complain at all! 

You are having a cold beer overlooking new peaceful surroundings.

I am suffering with hayfeaver overlooking fucking Croydon.

Massive difference.

Archived