The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 0-2 Liverpool - Wednesday 16th March, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 20.15

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png        VS     155.png

Last 3 Meetings
20/01/2022 - Arsenal 0-2 Liverpool (EFL Cup)
13/01/2022 - Liverpool 0-0 Arsenal (EFL Cup)
20/11/2021 - Liverpool 4-0 Arsenal

Recent Form
Arsenal - WWWWW
Liverpool - WLWWW

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Genuinely one of my favourite non-Leicester matches to watch in the Premier League between these 2 sides because usually there's shit loads of goals. Am I right in thinking this fixture in PL history is the one that has the most goals scored in it over the years?

6 hours ago, Stan said:

Genuinely one of my favourite non-Leicester matches to watch in the Premier League between these 2 sides because usually there's shit loads of goals. Am I right in thinking this fixture in PL history is the one that has the most goals scored in it over the years?

Liverpool v City and Arsenal v Spurs probably the best of the lot for me. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Liverpool v City and Arsenal v Spurs probably the best of the lot for me. 

More recently the former I suppose due to the title rivalry and challenges. 

Agree the NLD is one of the best too. 

• Subscriber

Feels like we've been here a few times with Arteta's Arsenal where they've built up a bit of a head of steam then come into one of these games looking like they've got a genuine shot. Usually these are the hurdles where they stumble but we can probably say they've turned a bit of a corner if they perform well and actually get a result.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Stan said:

Yeah it is. Liverpool/Arsenal and Liverpool/Tottenham are the two highest.

I think liverpool will have to be at their best. It's like the city game where even if we play at our best we can still loose. I think we will play well but it might not be enough. A draw would be a good result 

53 minutes ago, 6666 said:

And here is where our good run ends.

I know you said you dont let emotion controll your decision making and that's good.  But sometimes it's ok to be irrationally optimistic 

29 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I know you said you dont let emotion controll your decision making and that's good.  But sometimes it's ok to be irrationally optimistic 

It's better to be pessimistic and pleasantly surprised than optimistic and end up getting kicked in the nuts.

Especially with it being Liverpool. They don't just seem to beat us regularly but they spank us regularly.

13 minutes ago, 6666 said:

It's better to be pessimistic and pleasantly surprised than optimistic and end up getting kicked in the nuts.

Especially with it being Liverpool. They don't just seem to beat us regularly but they spank us regularly.

Depends how you look at it. Being optimistic means you get more time being happy but it feels worse if you loose. Each to their own though

9 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

The City result takes a bit of the pressure off us in this match. 

Nah, I think if you win this one, you can actually afford to lose the head to head game with city if you drop no other points. Lose or draw this and you simply MUST knock off city. 

9 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Nah, I think if you win this one, you can actually afford to lose the head to head game with city if you drop no other points. Lose or draw this and you simply MUST knock off city. 

A defeat against City would see them 4 points clear, if we're assuming both teams win their games up to that fixture. We can't afford to lose it. Win it and we could afford a draw elsewhere.

I feel sick already thinking about that game against them.

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

As things stand a draw is fine for City. It's us who needs to win the head to head. Unless you think City are dropping more points?:ph34r:

We will drop more points somewhere so think we need the win against you

• Subscriber

Depends on the mentality of the squad and goes down to that question they always ask you on Football Manager - do you prefer playing before and setting the pace, or do you prefer to play afterwards and know what you need to do?

1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

Depends on the mentality of the squad and goes down to that question they always ask you on Football Manager - do you prefer playing before and setting the pace, or do you prefer to play afterwards and know what you need to do?

This is why it's important we win tonight, as tough as the game is. A win tonight and v Watford after the break will see us go top before they go to Burnley.

• The title was changed to Arsenal 0-2 Liverpool - Wednesday 16th March, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived