Arsenal 0-2 Liverpool - Wednesday 16th March, 2022

football forum

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Congratulations, you're practically an Everton fan now then. :ph34r:

That was a big oof from Ramsdale.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) When I saw Tim Cahill playing, I didn't see the 'hard working, hard leaping aussie maestro' I saw a cunt who climbed his marker like a mountain, who committed historic levels of cynical fouls per game, up their with Fellaini for being a massive cunt, except Fellaini had the excuse of being a defensive midfielder, not a forward. 

Timmy is the only player I've seen get a red in his last game for a club as a 'hero', the only player I've seen get carded while being stretchered off (his tackle was so violent it injured himself) and the only player I've seen who'd lose more than half his goals on VAR review. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Unfortunately (or fortunately) When I saw Tim Cahill playing, I didn't see the 'hard working, hard leaping aussie maestro' I saw a cunt who climbed his marker like a mountain, who committed historic levels of cynical fouls per game, up their with Fellaini for being a massive cunt, except Fellaini had the excuse of being a defensive midfielder, not a forward. 

Timmy is the only player I've seen get a red in his last game for a club as a 'hero', the only player I've seen get carded while being stretchered off (his tackle was so violent it injured himself) and the only player I've seen who'd lose more than half his goals on VAR review. 

My boy 💙.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

My boy 💙.

I don't begrudge you for a second, every club has had one, and Cahill would do anything for Everton, but as someone who wasn't a fan, he's not exactly the kind of player who's going to convert you hahaha. Even if he was Australian. 

I did like Howard, Donovan and that Russian fellow who could hit the fucking skin off the ball. 

• Administrator

Unfortunate for Arsenal to go behind when they did. 2-0 flatters Liverpool I think. Odegaard should have buried that chance. Went for power and no accuracy. Even if Alisson didn't save it, van Dijk or Matip would have stopped it. 

Firmino made an instant impact, took the goal nicely. Ramsdale should be doing better in both, especially the first. 

Martinelli showing his quality again though. Such a good player. 

Back to the topic at hand, for all the cash, and for all the wankfest that the prem has come back around as the worlds best league, besides Liverpool and City, who both outclass Chelski by miles, and then Chelsea, who are acceptable, but pragmatic and have glaring flaws, papered over by their ability to shithouse a result against better teams, everyone else is fucking dire, bar maybe West Ham who are doing okay for their outlay. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I did like Howard, Donovan and that Russian fellow who could hit the fucking skin off the ball

Bilyaletdinov? 

Didn't think Arsenal were too bad. Again, much like against City.

I am interested in seeing where Arsenal/Arteta go from here, particularly next season. Clear this team is lacking experience and a bit of quality in certain areas, but this is the first time in a while Arsenal didn't simply roll over against City/Arsenal without putting in a fight, with such a young squad too. 

Sort 4th spot out, invest smartly, and continue on. 

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

, besides Liverpool and City, who both outclass Chelski by miles

"Miles" 😆

We've had Reece James and Ben Chilwell, arguably our two most pivotal players, out for 3/4 of the season and are only 7 points adrift. 

Just now, Cicero said:

"Miles" 😆

We've had Reece James and Ben Chilwell, arguably our two most pivotal players, out for 3/4 of the season and are only 7 points adrift. 

I'm remembering city breezing past you without the slightest bit of resistance... Yes, miles. 

8 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm remembering city breezing past you without the slightest bit of resistance... Yes, miles. 

Ah yes, the same City we took the mickey out three times on the trot last season. The moment Lukaku was shoe horned into the team we failed to replicate anything close to that level. 

To suggest players as important as Reece James and Ben Chilwell can't be worth 6-9 points over a large period is frankly absurd. Add the fact we've been playing with that lamp post for 50% of the campaign, I fail to see how we are miles apart when we are "ahem" 10 points off with a game in hand. 

We saw how Liverpool genuinely collapsed when VVD and Fabhinho were out the majority of last year. We haven't had anything close to that sort of collapse 

• Subscriber

Could have gone differently. Wouldn't put that in the same category as Arsenal's other defeats in this picture. They're getting there. The last step or two to really get back to there are arguably the hardest though.

Just now, Cicero said:

Ah yes, the same City we took the mickey out three times on the trot last season. The moment Lukaku was shoe horned into the team we failed to replicate anything close to that level. 

To suggest players as important as Reece James and Ben Chilwell can't be worth 6-9 points over a large period is frankly absurd. Add the fact we've been playing with that lamp post for 50% of that campaign, I fail to see how we are miles apart when we are "ahem" 10 points off with a game in hand. 

We saw how Liverpool genuinely collapsed when VVD and Fabhinho were out the majority of last year. 

I think our collapse came more after Matip's injury tbh. It was either playing midfielders at the back or playing Nat Phillips & a kid or that shite Turkish lad we loaned in as a desperation play.

As for the game, Arsenal unlucky in the first half and should have scored atleast once with the chances they had and the way they played... I wasnt expecting much from this game anyway though, Arsenal always fold against liverpool  and i didnt think it would be any different this time.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Could have gone differently. Wouldn't put that in the same category as Arsenal's other defeats in this picture. They're getting there. The last step or two to really get back to there are arguably the hardest though.

I think that was pretty similar to the last time we played them in the league, but certainly better from them. Last time around they had a good first half but completely capitulated after we scored our first goal. In this one, Arsenal played well up until we scored and then they just went flat.

It's certainly better from them, and tbh I expected them to be better considering the form they've been in and the fact Arteta's genuinely improved them slowly over the seasons. A bit more quality and experience and I think they'll be back able to compete for the league again in the coming seasons.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

To suggest players as important as Reece James and Ben Chilwell can't be worth 6-9 points over a large period is frankly absurd. Add the fact we've been playing with that lamp post for 50% of the campaign, I fail to see how we are miles apart when we are "ahem" 10 points off with a game in hand. 

We saw how Liverpool genuinely collapsed when VVD and Fabhinho were out the majority of last year. We haven't had anything close to that sort of collapse 

Okay, so ignoring the fact your striker is the most fat useless cunt you've had since Higuain, and the fact that your wing backs have had injuries (even though Tuchel plays Alonso over Chilwell anyway) and making a shit reference to how Liverpool collapsed after what was actually a good half dozen injuries (and finished above you anyway) you 'might' have 6 more points. 

Manchester city 'might' have 6 more points if they were injury free and had bought a striker. Liverpool 'might' have 6 more points if Robertson wasn't injured ect ect. 

I already gave you due credit for being able to grub out results from better teams what more do you wish of me?  

• The title was changed to Arsenal 0-2 Liverpool - Wednesday 16th March, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived