talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

football forum

• Subscriber

Elden-Ring-1.jpg?q=50&fit=contain&w=960&

Figured some of us may eventually take a trip to this game considering its getting great reviews on the internet and many are saying its a 10/10 although that's quite debatable. If you haven't played a game by FromSoftware before I'd suggest watching some videos and reading reviews before jumping in, games like Sekiro, Dark Souls, etc which are very highly rated games also come with this weird caveat that the environment is just out to plain kill or frustrate you. I am slow burning this and taking my time (still in StormVeil while exploring the entire map) but its been a good experience so far.

1. Weapon classes are a lot better and leveling up is a bit painful but that's nothing new
  2. The NPCs either magic-based or summon-based can turn fights in your favor fast
  3. I don't get how anyone is playing this game well with a keyboard and mouse but i've seen folks do it and I don't think FromSoftware learned their lesson from Sekiro

Are you getting it or have it? Where are you on the map and how many demi-gods have you vanquished so far?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Spike said:

I'm at an impasse, too weak to struggle against the current bosses and too strong to grind endlessly.

Which bosses are you at? I just spent a little time roaming the world and trying to kill mini-bosses before going back to kill a major boss.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Spike said:

Radahn

Yeah that whole rot area is a bit weird. When you first hit it you're so underpowered and by the time you get to him you've had to have levelled up quite a bit. Did you kill the general in the swamp area? I went back to him when I went to Radahn and failed the first few times.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Yeah that whole rot area is a bit weird. When you first hit it you're so underpowered and by the time you get to him you've had to have levelled up quite a bit. Did you kill the general in the swamp area? I went back to him when I went to Radahn and failed the first few times.

I'm not sure it has been a while since I played. But yeah, I'm not really sure what to do right now, I seem to be too weak for a lot of places, the spike up from the Academy of Lucaria is a bit much. I feel like I need to find more smithing stones for my katanas

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'm not sure it has been a while since I played. But yeah, I'm not really sure what to do right now, I seem to be too weak for a lot of places, the spike up from the Academy of Lucaria is a bit much. I feel like I need to find more smithing stones for my katanas

A lot of folks say to use Rennala's gift as a way to reset the character and push stats in the direction you want to but I can't see that being beneficial against Radahn because your level would be all wrong by the time you get there. 

Have you already killed Rykard the funny face fella in the mountains?

Just now, Mel81x said:

A lot of folks say to use Rennala's gift as a way to reset the character and push stats in the direction you want to but I can't see that being beneficial against Radahn because your level would be all wrong by the time you get there. 

Have you already killed Rykard the funny face fella in the mountains?

Not yet should I go to the Volcano Manor?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Spike said:

Not yet should I go to the Volcano Manor?

Its totally optional but its different so it wont feel like grinding then swing back to Radahn who is also kind of optional btw.

19 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Its totally optional but its different so it wont feel like grinding then swing back to Radahn who is also kind of optional btw.

Most of the game is optional really

19 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Been watching a woman play through this and graphically it looks superb but some of those bosses look as tough as old boots... xD

When I play it sometimes I just have to stop and put it down for a few hours because my arse is getting kick all over the joint.

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Been watching a woman play through this and graphically it looks superb but some of those bosses look as tough as old boots... xD

The part that frustrates me is that you'll kill a boss and think yeah I did alright and then about 5 minutes later when you're roaming the map something like a pack of bears will kill you. It's these kinds of things that really just make you have to be on edge all the time. 

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

The part that frustrates me is that you'll kill a boss and think yeah I did alright and then about 5 minutes later when you're roaming the map something like a pack of bears will kill you. It's these kinds of things that really just make you have to be on edge all the time. 

Those dogs are awful too

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Tempted to get this when I get a chance. Worth getting?

Yeah its a very very slow burner at the start. Has its moments in the middle and if you're a completionist then it can be fun even if some parts tend to be a bit repetitive. Plus there are so many ways to skin a cat in this game that you'll never really have the same experience as an other player.

8 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Yeah its a very very slow burner at the start. Has its moments in the middle and if you're a completionist then it can be fun even if some parts tend to be a bit repetitive. Plus there are so many ways to skin a cat in this game that you'll never really have the same experience as an other player.

Ah ok. Might give it go at some point.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Spike said:

I spat rot on him and pit him down like a bitch

There really is nothing quite like taking down a hard boss. Especially a FromSoftware hard boss.

15 hours ago, Mel81x said:

There really is nothing quite like taking down a hard boss. Especially a FromSoftware hard boss.

You're not wrong. I typically try a few times but if I'm hard filtered I have to look up tips and tricks. Some other 'hard' bosses I simply bodied in one try. The Spectral Void or whatever it is called got crushed in one attempt.

Archived