talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ajax (2) 0-1 (3) Benfica - Tuesday 15th March, 2022

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's a goalless tie at half-time despite Ajax controlling and dominating the first-half. Ajax will want to make their dominance pay off in the 2nd half, but Benfica showed in small spells in that first half that they can be dangerous on the break, so the Dutch side will have to be sensible when in possession. Ajax much the better side so far and we can probably expect more ascendancy from them in the 2nd half. 

I'm not sure if ten hag is as good as people think. I think man utd should get paul scholes in instead with roy keane as assistant and gary neville as goalkeeping coach :ph34r:

Unreal that. Ajax not even that dominant, I recall two chances by them. We had one and scored.

We had a few squads packed with talent this century who did nothing in the CL and who also went on to lose two EL finals with some bad luck in the mix. If Karma is real we are due a massive result in Europe. Let us win it this year, I don't care if we have one shot on target every game 😅

Ajax have been in awful form recently, they have a huge goalkeeper crisis for the past year, Pasveer is not good and made a huge mistake in the away game and now Onana who doesn't even want to be at the  club made a huge mistake, Ajax need to get a serious goal keeper!  This was an easy tie for Ajax consider how they have played recently in the group stage.  I would really question Ten Hag after this, very poor tactical play by him and slow in making changes. 

The Ajax board also are in such a bad state after Marc Overmars exposed his Overmars Bar to the whole office!  everyone has known about this for a long time and was swept under the carpet by Van der Sar due to the large amounts of money Overmars was bringing in the club.    I expect Ten Hag and van der Sar to be gone soon, they really have handled the situation very badly and also with the news of Quincy Promes that Ajax hid their knowledge of his off the field behaviour regarding Drug trafficking and a stabbing incident with his cousin.  The club is a fucking disgrace!

• The title was changed to Ajax (2) 0-1 (3) Benfica - Tuesday 15th March, 2022
13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I know. Think he's realised that which makes him all the more open to a United move. 

Think it'll happen. 

I do think he hasn't proven himself at the top though. He has had one really good season in the champions league and he might have got them to the Europa league final I can't remember if it was him. But remember that Frank de Boer won with the league with Ajax and McClaren won the Dutch league with F.C Twenty about 15 years ago. So I think abit of scepticism about him is reasonable 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived