talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd (1) 0-1 (2) Atletico Madrid - Tuesday 15th March, 2022

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man Utd XI: De Gea, Dalot, Varane, Maguire, Telles, McTominay, Fred, Fernandes, Elanga, Sancho, Ronaldo.

Subs: Heaton, Henderson, Lindelof, Bailly, Jones, Pogba, Mata, Rashford, Lingard, Cavani, Wan-Bissaka, Matic

Good goal by Atletico see the Utd players were complaining about Elanga not getting a freekick.

The angle I have seen from the stream makes it look a bit soft though thinking that may not have been the best view.

Elanga unlucky early on not to put Utd ahead, a lucky save. 

It didnt seem like a foul on Elanga, he was expecting a contact and semi dove there. And man utd players are stupid for crying about it, if there is no whistle just play. Ref was spot on there. Man Utd was easily the better team in the first half but Atletico did fairly well to contain them.

Expecting a full on WWE match from now on from the Simeone's men as Man Utd grow more desperate and attack their goal

• Administrator

Why is Savage saying it could be Ronaldo's last CL game?? As if he might not move in summer to a team that does play CL football if Man Utd don't qualify? 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Why is Savage saying it could be Ronaldo's last CL game?? As if he might not move in summer to a team that does play CL football if Man Utd don't qualify? 

probably MLS bound?

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I don't think anyone else would be stupid enough to pay him half a million a week when he absolutely isn't worth it.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Scholes saying man utd should be able to get any manager they want. Delusioned idiot. Ferdinand shut him up

Is it delusional? Liverpool got Klopp when they hadn't won a trophy for 100 years or a title for 1000 years (something like that).

Man Utd's problem is that the conditions for success aren't there to allow any manager to succeed. This should be universally accepted really given how many different managers they've tried, but we're not very good at digging that deep because we're just obsessed with big names and big money in football.

In terms of the club's stature and potential for competitive success (if they fix a huge number of non-manager related issues) though, they should still be able to get whoever they wanted pretty much, unless they want Guardiola or Klopp obviously.

1 hour ago, Asura said:

probably MLS bound?

I don't think that's likely...

... I think there's an allegation that's stopping him from being able to travel to the US that's hanging over his head and I don't think he'd consider working there until that's resolved (in a way where he won't go to prison).

I'd type out more details of the allegation... but @Cicero pointed out that he's been pretty litigious about people talking about the allegation on various corners of the internet, and I don't want to get.... SUI'd

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Is it delusional? Liverpool got Klopp when they hadn't won a trophy for 100 years or a title for 1000 years (something like that).

Man Utd's problem is that the conditions for success aren't there to allow any manager to succeed. This should be universally accepted really given how many different managers they've tried, but we're not very good at digging that deep because we're just obsessed with big names and big money in football.

In terms of the club's stature and potential for competitive success (if they fix a huge number of non-manager related issues) though, they should still be able to get whoever they wanted pretty much, unless they want Guardiola or Klopp obviously.

Depends on if they qualify I'd agree apart from very few, they should get whom they want, if they don't it's a completely other scenario and they may struggle to get the one they want.

1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Depends on if they qualify I'd agree apart from very few, they should get whom they want, if they don'T it's a completely other scenario and they may struggle to get the one they want.

We got Klopp without CL football, it's possible they can "bring in the right man" without it imo.

Money talks. United can offer serious money per week and are one of the biggest clubs in European football, regardless of how they've done in the past decade. They should be able to get in almost anyone they'd want except people who are already happy at the club they're at now.

I think it helps they won't have Woodward around chatting bollocks, apparently he told Klopp that Manchester United was like "the adult version of Disneyland" - which I am very grateful for because Klopp's been everything I could dream of in a manager, so good job to Woodward finding a way to put Klopp off managing them and thinking "well, if that's what United are... I'd better go manage Liverpool" xD

14 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I think alot of managers if they had a choice of city or man utd they would go to city. Admittedly many managers wouldn't turn them down but he was making out like they would be first choice for any manager. 

As for klopp he always said he liked liverpool that was why he went there and he doesn't like clubs with unlimited funds 

10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think alot of managers if they had a choice of city or man utd they would go to city. Admittedly many managers wouldn't turn them down but he was making out like they would be first choice for any manager. 

As for klopp he always said he liked liverpool that was why he went there and he doesn't like clubs with unlimited funds 

As for Klopp, he said he always liked Liverpool, when he joined them. It's like he always said he liked Liverpool, when he was in Germany, though.xD

I remember being at Stamford Bridge against Utd Feb '90, we won 1-0 courtesy of a scrappy goal from Gareth Hall.

Our fans were singing going down with West Ham and Fergie was under pressure yet the club won the FA Cup and his job was saved.

Despite Utd's poor form at the time they still brought a good crowd.

• Subscriber

Atletico grinding a result out against United was the only way this was ever going to end honestly. This current team loses its focus when things don't go their way and they really have no one that can play against the kind of team Atletico uses. Maybe in the summer they'll go splash money on the next big thing in management but honestly their top priority should be a manager who has a vision and some authority because the current interim one isn't capable of pushing his philosophy onto these players. 

I don't like how Atletico play and think some of the players they've had over the years could have done better in different hands but you have to admire how consisent they are in grinding out results. Very annoying to play against.

• The title was changed to Man Utd (1) 0-1 (2) Atletico Madrid - Tuesday 15th March, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived