talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Politics

football forum

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

We had a day of internet blackout in Sri Lanka earlier this year due to political instability as well, but they removed it a day later because everyone was using VPN and circumventing the blackout anyway xD

Stay safe and get yourself a VPN, just in case. ProtonVPN has a free option, which is safe and good enough, and will keep you connected in case things go crazy over there.

Yeah people are in power around the world clearly are very out of touch with technology. These things never work, it's not like 60s you can control information flow by threatening newspaper editors. Coincidentally the Bridgefy app was released here yesterday the one they used in Hong Kong protests !

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/07/2022 at 21:47, Beelzebub said:

The reaction of that might be even more severe than what threat they see in Khan like Islamic revolution in Iran followed the ousting of Mossadeq who was moderate compare to the regime now who is at their throat. Are they stupid enough to repeat that? 

Wow, looks like they might be stupid enough. Didn’t even wait for him to get elected again before trying.

Khan is right that elements of power in Pakistan are very close to the US, this was evident during the early days of the war on terror with the ISI getting close to the US.

I think the leader back then said we were forced to cop-operate or were threatened with being bombed back to the stone-age. 

8 hours ago, Waylander said:

Khan is right that elements of power in Pakistan are very close to the US, this was evident during the early days of the war on terror with the ISI getting close to the US.

I think the leader back then said we were forced to cop-operate or were threatened with being bombed back to the stone-age. 

Yes, General Musharraf said that but the U.S official he attributes the uppity claim to denied making such claims in his book. 

He further wrote in his book that we were nervous whether Pakistan would cooperate or not, because then there would be no direct land route to supply NATO troops in Afghanistan. He was surprised when Musharraf accepted all 7 demands unconditionally. 

I think it's true Musharraf had to cooperate but not with the servility that he did. 

• 3 weeks later...

The media are talking about a Biden visit to the UK following the Queens death, He actually said some nice things about her too.

The media have mentioned the Northern Ireland protocal as a discussion point yet I hope they touch on Ukraine and the need for diplomacy. 

On 01/04/2022 at 23:22, Beelzebub said:

I can see Pakistan becoming another Ukraine honestly which also started with a regime change. US main interest in Pakistan is of security, as a station to monitor China & greater Eurasia region. With Khan refusing bases the intelligence was blocked for US which I think Biden is on record saying.

• 1 month later...

Based on a case that as PM all the gifts you receive you have to submit them in a national treasury, if you want to keep them you have to pay a % of the actual price. He allegedly didn't paid the due price of a watch lol it's a lower court so decision might be overturned.

On 21/10/2022 at 09:18, Beelzebub said:

Based on a case that as PM all the gifts you receive you have to submit them in a national treasury, if you want to keep them you have to pay a % of the actual price. He allegedly didn't paid the due price of a watch lol it's a lower court so decision might be overturned.

Who is the military backed candidate as of right now?

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Who is the military backed candidate as of right now?

Everyone but him. There is a 12 party coalition that is contesting elections against his party. On every seat it's his candidate or the coalition.

They just want him out of the system. 

2 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

Everyone but him. There is a 12 party coalition that is contesting elections against his party. On every seat it's his candidate or the coalition.

They just want him out of the system. 

What do you feel is for the best? I don’t know much about Pakistani politics but for the fact that whatever the military backs is the power that is 

34 minutes ago, Spike said:

What do you feel is for the best? I don’t know much about Pakistani politics but for the fact that whatever the military backs is the power that is 

There were only three power brokers in Pakistan before: fuedals who have what they have bcz of Brits, military and the industrialists who made their fortune in 60s. All three overlap the further you look back on their family trees.

Imran gave presence to the middle class in political space so in that case regardless of him in power or not some positive changes have been made. 

Honestly, I think 2023 will be a wild year given what's happening internationally. It's better to have him back even with strings attached than defranchising a significant part of population.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
27 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is he going to survive?

That's absolutely mental. Isn't he very popular? I imagine this is going to piss off a lot of people.

Sounds like he is. A wound to the leg apparently after a gun onslaught on his car. 

Apparently his car was shot at amongst crowds, then another shooter from higher up started firing, so when the crowd dispersed, the first shooter could then escape and flee. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/11/2022 at 13:42, Stan said:

Sounds like he is. A wound to the leg apparently after a gun onslaught on his car. 

Apparently his car was shot at amongst crowds, then another shooter from higher up started firing, so when the crowd dispersed, the first shooter could then escape and flee. 

What’s the legality of guns in Pakistan? Is it strictly black market? 

58 minutes ago, Spike said:

What’s the legality of guns in Pakistan? Is it strictly black market? 

The average ownership is higher than all South Asian countries. As I've mentioned somewhere else here that parts of the country have a gun culture like American South. 

6 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

The average ownership is higher than all South Asian countries. As I've mentioned somewhere else here that parts of the country have a gun culture like American South. 

That’s pretty impressive. Culturally is it tied to agrarians or more middle-class wealth? Those things can be pretty expensive, outside of old and archaic weaponry. So I imagine the people that do own guns have at least some wealth.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

That’s pretty impressive. Culturally is it tied to agrarians or more middle-class wealth? Those things can be pretty expensive, outside of old and archaic weaponry. So I imagine the people that do own guns have at least some wealth.

Yes, mostly rural folks though there is a whole local unsanctioned gun industry that makes cheap weapons out of ex nihilo. Google Peshawar gun making. 

I actually checked, according to this survey we have the highest gun ownership in all of Asia apart from militia infested places like Yemen Lebanon wtf

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_civilian_guns_per_capita_by_country

Archived